Sign in to follow this  
Fablecrafter

Iron Reinforced Walls and Iron Plate Floors

This idea was originally suggested as a joke to me by Shydow, while having him help me clear out iron veins in my cave deed, but I've really liked the idea, and would like to see this implemented to the game for a way to use lower quality iron while creating a really cool aesthetic to buildings as well as caves. The idea is to have iron reinforced walls, and iron plated floors added. The walls would require rock shards and iron lumps or a new "iron bracing" item, could be made from iron rivets and iron lump or something. The floors could be done by using like say 20kg of iron lump to make an iron plate, and the floor requiring two of them (just saying an amount that seems somewhat realistic... probably should be closer to 200kg but that'd be kinda nuts).

Reference of what I mean for Iron Reinforced Wall:

x2rED1P.png

Reference of what I mean for Iron Plate Floors:

gKwdE0V.jpg

• Like 4

+1

Well, we already have iron ribbons and iron sheets, why not have the mechanic be like making rendered walls?

Plain Stone Brick Wall + 10 Iron Ribbons + 10 Large Nails = Iron Reinforced Wall.

• Like 2

+1. would also help make a nice look for fortress type buildings. and if as darmalus suggested,destroying the wall could drop the iron frame, or it falls like a normal wall but can remove just the reinforcement (time to love that crowbar)