As it currently stands now, Life transfer and Frostbrand/Flaming aura are the most popular enchants, while others are almost never used.

Bloodthirst increases your damage by a flat amount, making it weak on larger weapons with slower swing timers. (I believe? this one is kinda fuzzy to me in terms of info) and seems to be kinda unreliable. and only seems to work decent in epic.

Venom is almost never used due to it not dealing more damage, and having an ability that is near useless when magic healers are around, and instant death from poison wounds are rare and almost never useful in the heat of combat.

Rotting touch is okay, again, not very useful in the heat of combat unless you want to give healers a harder time, but magic healing makes it kinda useless. and it does 13% less damage then FB and FA.

Proposed Enchant mechanics:

Frostbrand:

Adds a frostburn wound that is 10% of the damage your weapon deals. Also freezes the enemy for 15% of your weapon swing timer, (At 100 power) Example... A 6 second swing timer would freeze the enemy for 0.9 seconds.

During the freeze, the enemy's swing timer is halted (not interrupted) the enemy is also unable to move. 2.5 second cooldown until the enemy can be frozen again to prevent impossible movement during ganks. Enemies can still block, but CR is reduced by 2 when frozen.

CR Debuff is only useful during ganks because a single player would never be able to land a hit when the enemy is chilled.

Flaming Aura:

Same as it is now, adds a wound that is 33% of the damage your weapon deals at 100 power. Making this enchant unique rather then the same thing as FB would add more appeal to Magranon and Smeagain priests, and would add more to the market.

Life Transfer:

Stays the same, seems to be well balanced since it can only heal one wound at a time. Quite weak in PvP, and giving it the ability to heal multiple wounds at a time however would make you practically invincible if you're a tanky enough.

Bloodthirst:

Increases weapon damage by 50% at 10,000 charge. Charge is gained through damage dealt, 1 damage increases the charge by 5. This ignores armour, so a 100 damage hit that deals 30 damage would still give 500 charge.

So 2,000 damage is required to gain full charge. Charge begins to degrade after 25 seconds of hitting nothing, and will degrade by 80 charge per second, which means it takes 150 seconds to loose full charge.

Very good for hunting trips and long encounters in combat, but near useless for the occasional encounter.

Venom:

Adds a poison wound that deals 10% of the damage your weapon deals at 100 power... Rather then having poison wound kill you randomly on a healing tick, instead the poison wound worsens every second.

All extra poison damage stacks into one wound.

Very light wounds 0.01 per second, light 0.02 per second, Medium 0.04 per second, Bad 0.06 per second, and Severe 0.08 per second. Uniques would be immune to poison worsening. Remove AoSP poison reflection as it would make it never used in PvP.

When a healing tick occurs it turns into an internal wound at which point it will stop worsening every second, but the internal wound would most likely be nasty if not salved, so treatment would commonly be required. A healing tick takes 3x as long to occur on the poison wound. When applied (Farmers salve) or treated with enough potency to heal the size of the poison wound, the poison wound stops worsening and begins healing like a normal wound, and at the same speed of a normal wound. This can be a good enchant for getting decent damage on an enemy and retreating when you're weak. Every time the wound worsens, it does not reset the time it takes for a healing tick. Healing ticks do not add more damage to the wound, just changes the wound type, 

A very light wound would do 0.60 damage per minute, light 1.2 DPM, medium 2.4 DPM, Bad 3.6 DPM, Severe 4.8 DPM.

Rotting Touch:

Increases weapon damage by 20% at 100 power. (Same damage as it is now I believe) Infected wounds heal 25% less when healed with magic or bandaging. (Through the initial chunk of health healed through bandaging and casting) Ticks twice as fast when not bandaged or treated, but worsens half as fast. (Carries same difficulty to heal)

Remove the brittleness that it brings to the weapon, it turns off  players who want to use it casually. The 13% damage penalty when compared to FA I believe is enough. FA is better when your target has no escape and you're fighting till the death.

I think these changes to the weapon enchants would add some more interest and opportunities in combat. And would possibly help boost the enchanting market. Thanks for reading! ^_^

I'm very open to suggestions and critiquing the list, would appreciate it.

Edited by Wiolo
Accepted suggestion to venom.
  • Like 4

I like that you're suggesting a re-examination of the lesser used damage enchants.  I'd like to see these often more ignored enchants be brought back into relevance with out going too far in to OP outcomes.  Aside rotting touch when stacked in the same area can be quite powerful even against healers.  i"m guessing you intend this consideration to pvp focused or is this across all manners of play?

Healing ticks are unaffected, (When the wound is properly treated) but just made it harder for priests to heal and harder for it to be removed by bandaging, when I say that I am mostly speaking in PvP terms.

Frostbrand/FA is most commonly used in PvP because in most fights self healing through magic is usually available making Rotting touch useless and just a reduction in damage.

Having the wound itself heal less means that it requires more attention to completely remove after the fight or even in the heat of the fight.

On Life Transfer: it seems to heal the oldest wound, not the worst, and it also seems to only heal one wound (even if the life transfer could cover a bigger wound). Is that inaccurate? If not, I could see some potential improvements there.

I have no personal experience with this, mind you, but I hear that FB is used more than LT in PvP because FB causes an additional wound, which chokes LT, making LT an obvious worse choice.

Given how useful LT is for training in PvE, I'm not sure that's a bad thing, but more choices in PvP would seem to be a good thing. Would be cool if a Love + LT build were viable.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2017 at 3:05 AM, Wiolo said:

Frostbrand:

Adds a frostburn wound that is 10% of the damage your weapon deals. Also freezes the enemy for 15% of your weapon swing timer, (At 100 power) Example... A 6 second swing timer would freeze the enemy for 0.9 seconds.

During the freeze, the enemy's swing timer is halted (not interrupted) the enemy is also unable to move. 2.5 second cooldown until the enemy can be frozen again to prevent impossible movement during ganks. Enemies can still block, but CR is halved when frozen.

CR Debuff is only useful during ganks because a single player would never be able to land a hit when the enemy is chilled.

This seems far too powerful. Bonus damage, a guaranteed stun/freeze and half CR on the opponent? 

Even with the relatively low freeze time, I can't see that being a very fun mechanic.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BrokenSanity said:

This seems far too powerful. Bonus damage, a guaranteed stun/freeze and half CR on the opponent? 

Even with the relatively low freeze time, I can't see that being a very fun mechanic.

Keep in mind, the freeze time and damage bonus combined are both very small and don't outweigh FA, and mostly works better in situational circumstances.

The CR penalty is almost to sort of outweigh it in situational circumstances, and the window to land a hit in that time is extremely small and is relevent to your swing timer, but you're right, the CR penalty is too high looking back on it. The freeze is like a split second zap. a 3 second swing timer is 0.45 seconds which is a very small halt. 0.9 with 6 seconds, plus the cooldown.

A -2 CR would be more reasonable imo. Ty for the info! (Edited FB)

Edited by Wiolo

i dont pvp but it would be nice to see those other enchants have a use, even in our small pve lands so +1. perhaps for venom after the timer is off it doesnt all dissapear but leaves a bruise? or a bruise with 50% of the damage the poison had at the top?

• Like 1

The venom idea looks good on paper but to inflict anything better than a light wound you'd need to land a hit doing 150 damage, or worsen an existing poison wounds (would this reset the timer?); so in reality you're not going ot get that much extra damage out of this enchantment.  Coupled with the fact that such a wound vanishes on a healing tick it doesn't seem worth it unless you can land a LOT of very weak poison hits in a row (that don't combine).  Most fights are short; <5 mins for anything non-unique, if that, so you're not going to see much extra damage from the enchant.

Given that venom costs 120 favor to cast you'd expect  little more bang for your buck, so to speak.

A better mechanic would be to simply give poison wounds a higher healing threshold (light wounds remain without treatment, medium get worse etc), have all poison wounds combine into a single wound, allow them to remain until treated like normal wounds and to have your proposed DoT in place (time limited).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

The venom idea looks good on paper but to inflict anything better than a light wound you'd need to land a hit doing 150 damage, or worsen an existing poison wounds (would this reset the timer?); so in reality you're not going ot get that much extra damage out of this enchantment.  Coupled with the fact that such a wound vanishes on a healing tick it doesn't seem worth it unless you can land a LOT of very weak poison hits in a row (that don't combine).  Most fights are short; <5 mins for anything non-unique, if that, so you're not going to see much extra damage from the enchant.

Given that venom costs 120 favor to cast you'd expect  little more bang for your buck, so to speak.

A better mechanic would be to simply give poison wounds a higher healing threshold (light wounds remain without treatment, medium get worse etc), have all poison wounds combine into a single wound, allow them to remain until treated like normal wounds and to have your proposed DoT in place (time limited).

Hmm yeah! I mostly put the medium and worse wound worsening numbers there for curiosity, I mostly intended it as a way of overwhelming something with a ton of small worsening wounds, but I do see how it's weak.

How about... increase time for healing tick to 30 minutes, and have all poison wounds stack, and increase poison worsening speed, (due to there being only one wound) and instead of completely disappearing, have it leave behind an internal wound of the same damage. And give farmers salve the ability to bandage poison wounds/internal that are worse then medium. Very light wounds worsen by 0.01 per second, light 0.02 per second, medium 0.04 per second, bad 0.06 per second, severe 0.08 per second. A powerful poison wound that ticks higher in damage the worse it's allowed to get. The disadvantage of this enchant is it's not as powerful in direct combat, but hinders the enemy with a slow vengeful demise.

Thanks for the input btw. :wub: I want this list to be critiqued as much as possible by the community's opinion.

2 hours ago, Wiolo said:

instead of completely disappearing, have it leave behind an internal wound of the same damage. And give farmers salve the ability to bandage poison wounds/internal that are worse then medium.

Heh, or give us some form of surgery...