Sign in to follow this  
Wyndolm

Saddle Bags, Saddle Sacks How They Should Work

1.) Usually horses in the real world can wear saddle bags without a saddle, one has nothing to do with the other. Making the saddle a container for bags/sacks was IMO totally superfluous. The horses Torso should be the container where saddle bags/sacks go (parallel with an optional saddle) and it shouldn't require a saddle.

2.) Saddle bags and saddle sacks are designed to be worn parallel, one is in front of the saddle, one in the back. So why can't they be worn together? Wogic?

3.) Saddle bags and saddle sacks should be accessable by just right clicking the horse when it wears them. They should be accessable to anyone who can access the horses equipment. It should be accessable no matter whether the horse is free, lead, hitched, ridden, or sitting in a cart / wagon (at least the closer horses).

This is what i would expect from saddle bags/sacks.

Edited by Wyndolm
  • Like 1

#3 +1 for a hugely disappointing user experience «click» «click» «click»

Would certainly at the very least love to see something like the OPEN keybind work on opening player/creature equipment.

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Wyndolm said:

1.) Usually horses in the real world can wear saddle bags without a saddle, one has nothing to do with the other. Making the saddle a container for bags/sacks was IMO totally superfluous. The horses Torso should be the container where saddle bags/sacks go (parallel with an optional saddle) and it shouldn't require a saddle.

2.) Saddle bags and saddle sacks are designed to be worn parallel, one is in front of the saddle, one in the back. So why can't they be worn together? Wogic?

3.) Saddle bags and saddle sacks should be accessable by just right clicking the horse when it wears them. They should be accessable to anyone who can access the horses equipment. It should be accessable no matter whether the horse is free, lead, hitched, ridden, or sitting in a cart / wagon (at least the closer horses).

This is what i would expect from saddle bags/sacks.

1. These are interesting points. I don't think they are worth fighting for.

2. While logically true, if you could put both on, saddle sacks would go from a tiny bonus to a 2x bonus (since instead of storing a small amount more, you'd be able to store twice as much).

3. The news said "A separate option to access saddlebags independently of the equipment menu is in the works, but not available at this time." So this suggestion is already in the works.

Edited by thorgot

I think 1. is worth fighting for because the way it is makes it just harder for newbies not to mention that checking for saddle bags/sacks needs to go deeper into the nested containers. Alone that is already a good reason to put them at the same level as the saddle.

2. I bet they have been intentionally designed to be worn at the same time. And it would be an incentive for premiums to be premium to get the gift and have an advantage. And last but not least: how does it make sense to add saddle bags when the christmas gift negates the necessity of crafting them at least for premiums.

3. Yes the news said something like that. I just wanted to make sure tho that the idea of being able to access the bags in any situation is comunicated.

Edited by Wyndolm
  • Like 1