Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Small magical chests stuff take damage in it

Small magical chest - checked it this morning and found heaps of items with damage in it.  They are no longer working, please fix asap.

Thanks.

16c9c54961733463e6e61ce278ebb7e0.png

Was this in inventory or on the ground?  On or Off deed?   I have a small and large magic chest, both been planted for nearly 2 years.  Zero dmg accumulated on them and their contents. 

I think this is an isolated issue.

One was in a forge and one was in a cart. They are not planted as in those containers. Never had an issue. Now both have damaged items.  Two chests, not isolated issue.

Edit: On deed, not that it should matter.

Edited by Fairyshine

Just now, Fairyshine said:

One was in a forge and one was in a cart. They are not planted as in those containers. Never had an issue. Now both have damaged items.  Two chests, not isolated issue.

My large magic chest itself has 10.25 dmg from years ago when I kept it in a large cart, but the contents never took dmg.   My small magic chest itself has 25 dmg, again from being in a boat... again contents never took dmg.  It is known food in a magic chest takes dmg when in inventory.

VgwBXWU.jpg

eNZfQ69.png

Maybe some people are affected, but I still think it's situational as clearely not every is.  It's not "omg broke", it's more "omg MINE are broke maybe others are too".

Just logged into a priest at another deed, checked another large magic chest it has access to.   No dmg on anything inside.  Again, I think it's situational.  Clearly not widespread.

Hope it gets looked into all the same, shame your stuff is taking dmg.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

These chests are not planted.  I never had damage on the contents so it is a bug on non planted chests now having contents take damage.

There's been no change to any material type affecting anything and Fairyshine mentions decay being on both. 

Small chests cannot be planted, and I have found no damage on any of mine, I'll keep checking and double checking but it may take time in order to identify what could be happening.

I have setup a small test on the test server with both birchwood and steel chests just to confirm, will check back on it later. 

If anyone on release has any instances of damage in their magic chests please post here

(I've also removed a few posts that were a little off topic or missed other info)

• Like 2

I just checked my chest and I found some pottery items with damage as well as some eggs (there are some other items with damage but I wasn't positive if they had damage before being put into the chest).  This is a small chest on deed inside a wagon inside a house that hasn't moved in forever.  I haven't had issues before.

• Like 1

Folks with damaged items in magic chests, please can you confirm that the items have not been removed from the chests at any time, i.e. the damage occurred while the items were in the chest, and the items had alway (or for the recent past) been in the chest.  No items were removed to inventory, then put back into the magic chests?

The items have been in there for a long time Panda, not sure the last time they were removed from the chest but it was not in say the last fortnight.  In the other chest is an ada helm and uni horn which have damage and have not been moved in months and months (maybe a year).

EDIT:  Sorry, did not fully read your question.  To answer: The damage occurred while items were in the chest, that is a certainty.  They were undamaged and now are damaged, and this occurred while they were in the chest.

Edited by Fairyshine

4 hours ago, Pashka said:

I just checked my chest and I found some pottery items with damage as well as some eggs (there are some other items with damage but I wasn't positive if they had damage before being put into the chest).  This is a small chest on deed inside a wagon inside a house that hasn't moved in forever.  I haven't had issues before.

@PashkaBy chance, is your chest birchwood or steel?

1 hour ago, Nomadikhan said:

@PashkaBy chance, is your chest birchwood or steel?

I had damage in both a steel and a birchwood small chest.

Mine is birchwood.  Have had it for a good long while.  The eggs were put into the chest when they were first laid so no decay.  They have not been removed.  Nothing has been removed from the chest and put back.

• Like 1

I noticed a few month's bk the large magic chest on deed inside a building things inside were taking damaged that were not damaged prior to be placed in and has not been removed but did not understand how it happened...and the magic chest can only be accessed by Shagsdeval or myself and not locked...but the building is...the small magic chest went from 26 damage over 53 damage in the last month locked inside a large cart and was not off deed for that month and was not removed from that cart either...and the chest is unlocked but the cart can only be accessed by Shagsdeval or myself (and yes the large is locked)...go figure...

• Like 1

From a discussion in CA chat on this bug: two different players whose items took damage in the chest had the chests unlocked. Were your chests locked or unlocked, Fairy and others who had it happen?

It seems odd to have this detail common to them, maybe it's worth checking if it's related to why it happens to only some chests and not others.

Edited by Anarres
  • Like 1

My steel and birchwood small chests are both unlocked.  Steel one is in a forge on deed in a locked house which is only accessed by myself and one other person and he did not remove anything from the chest prior to the damage.  Items took damage in the chest.  The birchwood is on my large cart in a raft.  The cart is locked at all times and stays mostly on deed, an only goes off deed when I play and drive it, but when I log out it is always on deed parked inside my locked house.  The cart can be accessed by myself and another person who did not take anything out of the chest, items took damage inside the chest.  

The chests are used to keep items which will be taken out to create other stuff or perhaps sold at a later time, or which is just funny or weird so really not for use (just kept safe for the funny side of it.)  Thus it is a habit to dump these in the chests and leave them there.

The only other thing these chests have in common is that both are kept inside supreme containers (forge and cart).

Thanks for looking into this.

Unlocked LMC in my case, no items removed from it in ages, a lot of them got damage, some can't be repaired by player, some lost value since only option to repair them is to put them in BSB (lumps etc.).

Ally has several chests, also unlocked, not all have damage on items inside but this might just be a matter of waiting it out for all of them starting to get hits.

Are those items going to be repaired somehow once the bug is fixed?

• Like 2

Just now, Locath said:

Unlocked LMC in my case, no items removed from it in ages, a lot of them got damage, some can't be repaired by player, some lost value since only option to repair them is to put them in BSB (lumps etc.).

Ally has several chests, also unlocked, not all have damage on items inside but this might just be a matter of waiting it out for all of them starting to get hits.

Are those items going to be repaired somehow once the bug is fixed?

Yes some items will lose quality and value when repaired, like the shoulder pads.  Just wanted to let you know to be careful about putting stuff into bsbs and then taking them out again, if I recall correctly, a while ago these items would also lose weight when removed from the bsb.  I think it was moonmetals and dragon scales? Not sure but ask CA before you do this else you might not only lose ql but also weight. 

In discussions with other players whose items in chests didn't take any damage, they had them locked. Looks to me like we can rename this bug "Unlocked magic chests stuff take damage in it".

• Like 2

both my SMCs on Release have taken a lot of damage recently.  One of my SMCs just went 10 to 16 damage at some point over the last 2 weeks, the other went 2 to 5.  Only one of them had damage at beginning of last year and the chest was over a year old before that first tick, the ticks are all >2.00 so it is very irritating to see the ticks.

Neither of my LMCs have damage at all as of a few minutes ago

Add:

Neither of my SMCs had a lock...i just locked them

Edited by ClericGunem