HughMongus

Albia Cats Eyes Highways Map of Indy

Again posting slightly delayed by our packing up our old home to move to our new home in the new year.

.... and we have finalized day's Update of the Albia Cats Eyes Highways Map of Indy.

Any additions or deletions to the Cats Eyes Highways Map time stamped AFTER 00:01 UTC (GMT) on Sunday, Dec 19th, 2021 will be added next update.

Indy is waiting.... go and explore it!

Cheers! Hughmongus

Co-Creator-Administrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

Update released on 2021-12-19  16:00 GMT (UTC) (or Dec 19th, 2021)

This weeks updates:

Our survey crew's has just returned from yet another an extensive tile counting trip, this time clockwise around Crystal Lake and crossing at the Crystal Canal, continuing west along the south west coast of Indy and back up along the east side of Kinoss Bay.

Added:

A new Cats Eyes Highway that is partly completed, leading south from Misty Way just west of Colossus Lake, called Gates of Heaven Pass.

I installed this one personally myself, which included upgrading the bottom part of switch back's at the north end to allow the Cat's Eyes up and around one corner that was too steep, and they then continue up up hill and over the top of Gates of Heave Pass (where someone has installed a guard tower to aid weary travelers.  It then continues part way down the south east side of the pass to where it currently ends.

At this time I have just finished making more Cats Eyes and Blessed Street lamps necessary to complete the job through to The Grand Steppe Hwy.

The street lamps on this CE Hwy stop where the highway enters the Grand Steppe on the NW side, with only the junction with The Grand Steppe Hwy illuminated per the Indy Highway Lamp Lighting Etiquette.

For the reference here is a copy of the original forum post...

http://prntscr.com/tzuwtj   Highway Lighting Etiquette - large image of the original specifications Zorako and i came up with back in 2016

Finally we added Deeds that are on the Albia Roads Map, that also have "Find by Routing" enabled and removed Deeds that are no longer on the Albia Roads Map of Indy.

So you can now use the CE Hwy network to find over 100 deeds, and enjoy "routed directions" from the West end of Samling Fjord in the north west of Indy all the way through to Flint on south end of Elysian Bay, some 7,500 plus tiles away on the south coast of Indy.

Warmest regards!
Hughmongus and Skyefox

Co-Leaders of The Albia Consortium
Cartographers of Indy
Co-Creators and Administrators - The Albia Cats Eyes Highways Map of Indy

Edited by HughMongus
grammer corrections

.... and we have finalized today's Update of the Albia Cats Eyes Highways Map of Indy.

Any additions or deletions to the Cats Eyes Highways Map time stamped AFTER 00:01 UTC (GMT) on Sunday, Jan 2nd, 2022 will be added next update.

Happy New Year's one and all !!!

Cheers! Hughmongus

Edited by HughMongus
grammer correction
  • Like 1

Update released on 2022-01-02  16:00 GMT (UTC) (or Jan 2nd, 2022)

This weeks updates:

Our survey crew's has just returned from yet another an extensive tile counting trip, this time in the Gates of Heaven Pass and The Grand Steppe area on the east side of Indy.

Added:

The now completed new Cats Eyes Highway, leading south from Misty Way just west of Colossus Lake, over the Gates of Heaven Pass and connecting down to The Grand Steppe Hwy on the North West side of The Grand Steppe.

I completed this installation my self, with this new "over the mountain" Cats Eyes Highway now connecting to The Grand Steppe Highway just North East of Golden Pearls Vineyard.

The street lamps on this CE Hwy stop where the highway enters the Grand Steppe on the NW side, with only the junction with The Grand Steppe Hwy illuminated per the Indy Highway Lamp Lighting Etiquette.

For the reference here is a copy of the original forum post...

http://prntscr.com/tzuwtj   Highway Lighting Etiquette - large image of the original specifications Zorako and i came up with back in 2016

Finally we added Deeds that are on the Albia Roads Map, that also have "Find by Routing" enabled and removed Deeds that are no longer on the Albia Roads Map of Indy.

So you can now use the CE Hwy network to find over 100 deeds, and enjoy "routed directions" from the West end of Samling Fjord in the north west of Indy all the way through to Flint on south end of Elysian Bay, some 7,500 plus tiles away on the south coast of Indy.

Warmest regards!
Hughmongus and Skyefox

Cartographers of Indy

Edited by HughMongus
grammer correction

Gud'morning fellow Wurmians,

Thursday, Feb 2nd, 2022 at 14:21 GMT

Our move to a new house has consumed much of our time this month.

Currently our new home resembles a cross between a Woolies, Tesco and a Cosco warehouse with piles of boxes in need of opening.

We are now in the process of unpacking our stuff and trying to get our main computer systems up and running.

We will try and accommodate requests the best we can from our laptops and good old 'sneaker net'.😧

To Nordlys:

Thank for the heads up on the new CE Hwy and congrats on completion of the bridge project.  We will endeavour to get a survey crew up there soon to tile count for accurate adding to the Albia Maps.

To everyone else, appreciate your patience.

Kindest regards,

Hughmongus and Skeyfox

Cartographers of Indy

Co-Administrators - The Albia Roads Map of Indy

• Like 1

Again posting seriously delayed by our Unpacking and moving into  our new home.

But we finally found time to devote a whole two days to map updating.  So....

.... we have finalized Sunday's Update of the Albia Cats Eyes Highways Map of Indy.

Any additions or deletions to the Cats Eyes Highways Map time stamped AFTER 00:01 UTC (GMT) on Sunday, Feb 20th, 2022 will be added next update.

Cheers! Hughmongus

• Like 1

Update released on 2022-02-20  16:00 GMT (UTC) (or Feb 20th, 2022)

This weeks updates:

Our survey crew's has just returned from a two day binge of tile counting up in Samling Fjord and in the SE of Indy from Elysian Bay around the SE coast to the middle of the east side.

Added:

A new Cats Eyes Highway from Europa Canal to Nord Island on the North Central Coast of Indy.

A new Cats Eyes Highway running up the west side of Lago de El Rancho in the north west of Indy.

A new Cats Eyes Highway on the coast line of SE corner of Indy.

Modified:

Updated the south end of East Crystal Hwy due to it being rerouted.

Removed the old CE Hwy and Added the new diagonal CE Hwy.

Our thanks to Ksss for a well done job.

Highway Lighting Etiquette

For folks wanting to put street lamps on a CE Hwy with the name of the highway on the street lamps...

http://prntscr.com/tzuwtj   - large image of the original specifications Zorako and I came up with back in 2016

Warmest regards!
Hughmongus and Skyefox

Cartographers of Indy

Edited by HughMongus
grammer correction
  • Like 1

.... and we have finalized today's Update of the Albia Cats Eyes Highways Map of Indy.

Any additions or deletions to the Cats Eyes Highways Map time stamped AFTER 00:01 UTC (GMT) on Sunday, March 6th, 2022 will be added next update.

Post will occur later on today, as we have been RL busy for the few days.

Cheers! Hughmongus

Edited by HughMongus
grammer correction

Update released on 2022-03-06  16:00 GMT (UTC) (or Mar 06th, 2022)

Slightly delayed due to RL events taking our attention, here is the CE Hwy update for last Sunday.

We appreciate everyone's patience.

This weeks updates:

Added:

A new Cats Eyes Highway from the Junction of Great South Mountain Road and the West Coast Highway that leads east and north east up to Mountain Retreat, a place with a great view of central Indy on all sides.

Modified:

Minor updates to three Cats Eyes Highways in the Fox Lake - Mouse Hole area thanks to JosuhaCalvert's "ScoutTwo" tour of Indy video which let me catch some CE Hwy changes in the area as he was passing through.

For folks wanting to put street lamps on a CE Hwy with the name of the highway on the street lamps...

http://prntscr.com/tzuwtj   - large image of the original specifications Zorako and I came up with back in 2016

Warmest regards!
Hughmongus and Skyefox

Cartographers of Indy

Edited by HughMongus
grammer correction

.... and we have finalized tomorrow's Update of the Albia Cats Eyes Highways Map of Indy.

Yea!!!  We are back on schedule !!!!

Any additions or deletions to the Cats Eyes Highways Map time stamped AFTER 00:01 UTC (GMT) on Sunday, March 20th, 2022 will be added next update.

Cheers! Hughmongus

Edited by HughMongus
grammer correction

Update released on 2022-03-20  17:00 GMT (UTC) (or Mar 20th, 2022)

This weeks updates:

Added:

The new route for the East Plains Hwy.  It is now a dead straight run from Lake's End at the Crystal Lake end of The Orient Express Cave Canal to its terminus at the junction with Shinra Hwy.

Modified:

Deleted the parts of the old East Plains Hwy route that have been removed, now that the new CE Hwy is operational, to avoid people getting lost and confused.

Our heart felt Thanks!!! to Schiann of Oak Harbour on Crystal Lake for this wonderful piece of Wurm Engineering.

Per the Highway Lighting Etiquette named lamps with the highway name them are now planted on this CE Hwy and they do Stop were it emerges from the forest onto the steppe of the Eastern Plains.

https://prnt.sc/KI_5cu-1v_TT   Eastern terminus

Warmest regards!
Hughmongus and Skyefox

Cartographers of Indy

Edited by HughMongus
grammer correction

.... and we have finalized this weekend's Update of the Albia Cats Eyes Highways Map of Indy.

Any additions or deletions to the Cats Eyes Highways Map time stamped AFTER 00:01 UTC (GMT) on Sunday, April 3rd, 2022 will be added next update.

Cheers! Hughmongus

Edited by HughMongus
grammer correction

Update released on 2022-04-03  17:00 GMT (UTC) (or Apr 03rd, 2022)

This weeks updates:

Added:

A new CE Hwy called West Crystal Trail, on west - southwest side and shoreline of Crystal Lake, running southward from UDA Bay at the north end to Avocano Mines on the west side of the Crystal Canal at the south end.   Highway naming done in consultation with the "Locals".

Special thanks to Gumbo and friends for great engineering work building up the ground on the NE side of Mount Himmelspforte.  Named street lamps installed by Teeebomb and Hughmongus so you do not get lost at night.

A two new CE Hwy's with named street lamps added onto the eastern and western ends of the Death Valley Tunnels Hwy.

The road is a very nice short cut via three tunnels from the junction of West Coast Hwy and Great South Mountain Road east wards to SW shores of Crystal Lake.

Thanks to Pruce and friends for the twinning and reinforcing of the western tunnel.

Thanks to Gumbo for the short east end highway from West Crystal Trail to the eastern tunnel complex entrance.

In consultation with the Locals, we are respecting their wishes that these two CE's Hwys on the eastern and western end of this long established travel route (Death Valley Tunnels Hwy) are NOT to be joined up but that the center part is to be left as a single lane pass through Death Valley.

As a gesture of good will, I have built a Guard Tower to help protect travelers passing through Death Valley between the eastern and western tunnel complexes.

A new CE Hwy on the east coast of Bearshark Bay, starting at Moonlight Marina and heading north east and north up to the Crystal Canal, where it crosses the canal via a new bridge at the south end of the canal to join up with western part of Diamond Hwy.

Also we mapped a series of short CE Highways branching off of this CE highway connecting it into the existing CE Hwy network to the SE of the Crystal Canal, which in turn connect on their north ends to the main east-west trunk of Diamond Highway.

Modified:

No CE Hwy modifications reported in the past two weeks.

Warmest regards!
Hughmongus and Skyefox

Cartographers of Indy

Edited by HughMongus
correction of credit to Pruce for his tunnel work at Death Valley

.... and we have finalized this weekend's Update of the Albia Cats Eyes Highways Map of Indy.

Any additions or deletions to the Cats Eyes Highways Map time stamped AFTER 00:01 UTC (GMT) on Sunday, April 17th, 2022 will be added next update.

Cheers! Hughmongus

Update released on 2022-04-17  16:00 GMT (UTC) (or Apr 17th, 2022)

This weeks updates:

Added:

New section of CE Hwy on the NE of the Inner Sea from Port of Valyrian to Quincy Mines, which extents the Sevens Bay Hwy all the way long the east coast of the Inner Sea south to past Little Harbor Preserve.

South of Black Dog Island, on the west side of Stormie Gardens, a short section of CE Hwy add to complete the northern Portion of Maple Lane through to the BDI Canal Bridge.

SW of Harmony Lake, on the north side of Foggy Valley, a new section of CE Hwy added, completing a short cut between to main CE Hwy's in that area.

Modified:

North coast of Crystal Lake saw a CE Hwy modification near Oak Market, straightening out a zig-zaggy piece of hwy.

DESTROYED!!!

The Guard Tower I built in Death Valley in an act of Good Will to protect travelers passing through this often mob infested area between the eastern and western tunnels of this long existing Death Valley Tunnels Hwy route between Great South Mountain Road and west coast of Crystal Lake was found DESTROYED four days after I built it. (see previous report).

I found this out passing through, coming back from doing a map update survey and was surprised when no guards answered my call for help when a troll attacked me.

I also found a major change in that mine doors on the eastern end of the Western tunnel out of that valley were now LOCKED barring travelers from reentering or just entering the tunnel to escape mobs.

After I dealt with the troll, I checked the location where I had built the Guard Tower and it was still a few tiles off of the perimeter of the small, undeveloped Off Map deed in that valley, so an educated guess says the deed owner expanded his deed, then bashed the GT and then retracted his deed.

What a very unfriendly, un-community minded act, destroying infrastructure that benefits all who regularly use this Tunnel-Road system, which has been on the Indy map since it was first put on the map in June of 2013 by MommaDarkness.

I did bring a GM and the GM said after a guided tour of the whole area, that her hands were tied as there nothing the GM"s can do by current rules, about such behavior.  Most folks I have spoken to since seem to agreed that this is a very un-community minded and selfish act, and completely childish to destroy a community safety asset.

As there is no other way open to the public yet to travel from Great South Mtn Road to the West Crystal Trail..

...Be Warned... you can travel from West end to East end but only half way when traveling from East to West.

You will have to find your own way out of the valley via side roads when traveling west bound.

Warmest regards!
Hughmongus and Skyefox

Cartographers of Indy

Edited by HughMongus
grammer correction
  • Like 1

.... and although delayed by other matters needing our attention, we have finalized this weekend's Update of the Albia Cats Eyes Highways Map of Indy.

Any additions or deletions to the Cats Eyes Highways Map time stamped AFTER 00:01 UTC (GMT) on Monday, May 2nd, 2022 will be added next update.

Cheers! Hughmongus

Edited by HughMongus
grammer correction

Update released on 2022-05-02  17:00 GMT (UTC) (or May 2nd, 2022)

This weeks updates:

Added:

A new CE Hwy along the south coast of Samling Fjord, runing west along the coast line from junction of the Samling Pass Tunnel and the Samling Span bridge.

A new but short CE Hwy branching off of Great Northern Way, on the north side of the Xanadu deed-township.

Two new short CE Hwy sections on the east coast of Indy just north of Mist Lake, including one across the "Frozen Bridge". That is the actual name of the bridge.

Modified:

The short section of CE Hwy leading to the western entrance of Death Valley Tunnels Hwy (a long time on the map "non CE Hwy" short cut to Crystal Lake was Found DESTROYED (ie removed).

Also our Survey Crew found the western tunnel to be no longer accessible to us from either end as there are Locked Mine Doors in place at both ends.

The GM who came for a visit was able to determine who destroyed that section of CE Hwy (they will be dealing with this breach of Game Rules) and then gave us permission to repair the damage done.

One of the Mayors of an Off Map deed in the area did let us know by PM that another Off Map deed owner was unhappy with the highway name....

... so we changed the name
from Death Valley Tunnels Hwy
to Crystal Lake Tunnels Hwy.

FYI... Some Historic Info...
The above mentioned road-tunnels complex short cut as been on the Indy Community Map since June 26, 2013.

https://prnt.sc/SmlRj1zy-MXN See file name-date at top, this is the 1st time this roads-tunnels link appeared  on the Indy Community map, back when Mamadarkness was the Keeper of the Indy map.

http://prntscr.com/tzuwtj - large image of the original specifications Zorako and I came up with back in 2016

Warmest regards!
Hughmongus and Skyefox

Cartographers of Indy

Edited by HughMongus
grammer correction

Gud'morning folks,  Wednesday, July 27th, 2022 at 17:32 GMT

Just to let you know, we are still rebuilding from the twin HDD failures, who's drives are currently undergoing recovery.

We now have Data up to March 2022.

We are adding in your on going contributions as we rebuilt.

Please keep them coming.

One mapping crew has just finished re tile counting the eastern extension of the Cats Eyes Highway called West Coast Hwy, from Great South Mountain Rd to West Crystal Trail on the west shores of Crystal Lake, including the West Crystal Tunnel.  It is now possible to travel from the west coast of Indy to Crystal Lake , all on one highway.

A mapping crew has just finished tile counting Gumbo's latest contribution to Indy, the new Death Valley Highway in central Indy.

We thank him for his hard work and contribution to infrastructure of Indy and to the person who supplied the named street lamps.

We have accepted the name Gumbo has submitted and  Mayors we have chatted with around the area, excepting one person, like the name.

Majority like it so it is set in stone and added to the map.

We want to thank Teeebomb for his "lighting up" the northern part of the West Crystal Trail with "named" street lamps.  Well done Teeebomb.

Access Denied:  The 10 years plus old triple tunnel complex of the Crystal Lake Tunnels Hwy has been found blocked off and no longer accessible, so it has been removed from the map.

It has been independently report to us, that all three of these reinforced tunnels have had their entrance collapsed with Ore veins.

So the Albia Maps are NOT gone, just undergoing a recovery process that is taking longer then anticipated.

Thank you to all for your patience.

Warmest regards,

Hughmongus and Skyefox,

Cartographers of Indy,

Co-Administrators - The Albia Roads Map of Indy since June 2016.

• Like 1

..... and after several weeks of slowly accumulating data and

..... three days of working hard to get together what we can

..... we have finalized today's Update of the Albia Roads Map of Indy.

Any geography changes and deed addition requests time stamped AFTER 00:01 UTC (GMT) on Monday, August 1st, 2022 will be added in our next update.

Post will occur later on today.

We thank everyone for their patience whilst we have been recovering from a double HDD crash back in May.

When we moved our old HDD's from our W7 machines over to our new W10 machines, both drives ceased to work and we lost a lot of data.

Indy is waiting.... Go and explore it !

Cheers! Hughmongus

Co-Administrator Albia Roads Map of Indy

Edited by HughMongus

Update released on 2022-08-01  21:30 GMT (UTC) (or Aug 1st, 2022)

This weeks updates:

Added:

A new CE Hwy extension from the junction of Great South Mountain Road and the West Coast Hwy, extending the West Coast Hwy east through a two wide Cat's Eyed "West Crystal Tunnel" along a wonderfully built elevated hwy (courtesy of one of Wurm's finest Highway builders, Gumbo), to the western shores of Crystal Lake.

This the West Coast Hwy now connects from the western shores of Indy all the way through to Crystal Lake.

A new but short CE Hwy from Great South Mountain Road at the Run to Fool mission marker, due east to where it joins the eastern part of the West Coast Hwy at the Canyon Bridge on the south exit of the West Crystal Tunnel.

Again, another Wurm engineering marvel by Gumbo which requested to be name Death Valley Hwy. 

After after consulting those who live in local that we could reach, (with one negative vote from a hermit who has since departed the area), we have accepted and applied the name.

A shore CE Hwy in South West Indy, branching off of the West Kinoss Autobahn has now been named Mantra Way.

Modified:
The short section of CE Hwy leading south east along the western shores of Kinoss Bay from the junction of Mantra Way and West Crystal Autobahn, which marks the completion of construction southward of the West Crystal Autobahn.

Both of this CE Hwys are now marked with named-blessed street lamps, so travellers will not get lost at night.

We want to now Officially thank Teeebomb for his "lighting up" the northern part of the West Crystal Trail with "named" street lamps.  Well done Teeebomb.

FYI, the twinning and straightening our of the West Crystal Trail was undertaken under the craftsmanship of Gumbo.

Discrepancies:

Due to the fact that we are still working on recovering the Data lost from March 2022 until present due to the unprecidented twin HDD crash at the start of May, there could be some errors in some places.  We would appreciate folks sending us up correction as they discover them, with a screen cap of the appropriate portion of the map IF possible.

Our Thanks to Ronal for his contributions, which look extensive.  We will endeavour to get a Survey Crew over there soon Ronal, so we can tile count your work for accurate recording of what you have accomplished.

http://prntscr.com/tzuwtj - large image of the original specifications Zorako and I came up with back in 2016

Warmest regards!
Hughmongus and Skyefox

Cartographers of Indy since  2013
Co-Creators and Administrators and Publishers since 2016
of The Albia Cats Eyes Highways Map of Indy

Edited by HughMongus
corrected the time of map release

Any additions or deletions to the Cats Eyes Highways Map time stamped AFTER 00:01 UTC (GMT) on Sunday, August 14th, 2022 will be added next update.

Cheers! Hughmongus

Update released on 2022-08-14  17:00 GMT (UTC) (or Aug 14th, 2022)

This weeks updates:

Added:

New section of connecting CE Hwy in the SE Steppe between East Crystal Hwy and Merdian Hwy.  Of course NO street lamps on it as it is across a hunting area. Builder of the CE Hwy is not known.  We discovered whilst out on a tile count survey.

New section of CE Hwy in central Indy to join Fir Retreat to the CE Hwy network, courtesy of Teeebomb.

New section of CE Hwy at the south end of Largo de El Rancho in NW Indy connecting two CE Hwy's across the bottom of the lake. Our thanks to Hvergi for his hard work.

Added a whole bunch of "On Map" deeds, from the Roads Map, that are also Routeable, who's data on the CE Hwys map had been lost in the HDD crash.

Discrepancies:

Due to the fact that we are still working on recovering the Data lost from March 2022 until present due to the unprecedented twin HDD crash at the start of May, there could be some errors in some places.  We would appreciate folks sending us up correction as they discover them, with a screen cap of the appropriate portion of the map IF possible.

Warmest regards!
Hughmongus and Skyefox

Edited by HughMongus
grammer correction

Any additions or deletions to the Cats Eyes Highways Map time stamped AFTER 00:01 UTC (GMT) on Sunday, August 28th, 2022 will be added next update.

Cheers! Hughmongus

Update released on 2022-08-28  17:00 GMT (UTC) (or Aug 28th, 2022)

This weeks updates:

Added:

New section of connecting CE Hwy from Peak View, eastward to the Elysian-Crystal Canal NW at its south east corner.

New section of CE Hwy on the west side of Stormy Gardens in central Indy, completing Maple Lane from Black Dog Island canal bridge south to the Halcyon Peninsula.

Discrepancies:

Due to the fact that we are still working on recovering the Data lost from March 2022 until present due to the unprecedented twin HDD crash at the start of May, there could be some errors in some places.  We would appreciate folks sending us up correction as they discover them, with a screen cap of the appropriate portion of the map IF possible.

Warmest regards!
Hughmongus and Skyefox

and The Albia Roads Map of Indy

Edited by HughMongus
grammer correction