Sign in to follow this  
Aegis55

(DONE) Update on wurmpedia Papyrusmaking / Incscribing sheets

Hello together,

I took a look for what todo to edit Wurmpedia, but somehow I'm not much into editing such wiki content.

I found out more details about the ingame mechanics of papyrusmaking and Inscribing on sheets.

For Papyrusmaking, the title for skill-level 70 is "Pulp-beater".

About inscribing sheets (mentioned on papyrus sheet page)

I spent quite some time figuring the correct formula for number of letters. I used different sheet types (paper/papyrus) & ql, ink & dye different ql, different paper ql and different reed pen ql.

The formula is more complex then stated on the Wurmpedia. 

There is no difference between using paper or papyrus sheets.

But even choosing between ink and dye affects number of letters a lot, cause dye has an offset of 10 letters, while ink has an offset of 100 letters.

(so at all QL8 ink is better for writing then QL97 dye)

The complete formula for Nr. of Letters is:

<Nr. of Letters> = <Offset 10 or 100 for dye/ink> + <QL of dye/ink> + <QL of sheet> + <QL of reed pen>

It's correct that the even the decimals of quality matters, I think even the decimals of different ql's add up in front of calculation,

but i was to lazy to make an exact test for that.

As far as I'm aware there are no differences for different colors of dye, but i didn't tried black dye.

I spent quite some time figuring this out, hope someone helpful with better wurmpedia skills minds putting this on Wurmpedia.

Desolate

• Like 1

Thank you Desolate.  I have updated the Papyrusmaking page with the level 70 title, and I have updated the Papyrus Sheets page with the formula and verbose information you have provided here.