Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

2017 Xmas Saddle Sacks and Saddle bags

1 hour ago, Rhianna said:

so stay on your horse but dismount your house, got it ;p

10 minutes ago, bdew said:

Instructions unclear, house now stuck inside horse and the horse is inside the saddlebag.

This is me giving the both of you the evil eye. 

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 3

DO items inside the saddlebag stay free from decay like carrying in inventory would? Would be a nice solution to tents damaging, just leave it in the saddlebag.

1 hour ago, Alyeska said:

DO items inside the saddlebag stay free from decay like carrying in inventory would? Would be a nice solution to tents damaging, just leave it in the saddlebag.

I haven't tested this 100% but I think the horse acts like player inventory decay, sort of like how saddles don't decay already. I'd imagine food might decay faster so use a picnic basket.

I will just leave this here.

LANsfC6.png

There is still room in the saddle sacks. IIRC I was able to put another saddle in it-

Edited by Capi
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Capi said:

I will just leave this here.

LANsfC6.png

There is still room in the saddle sacks. IIRC I was able to put another saddle in it-

Only possible with runes it seems. Seems exploitative, probably wouldn't recommend it.

It was possible without runes before the hotfix. Just checked and the saddles dont fit in it anymore so that loophole is closed.

2 hours ago, Alyeska said:

28 minutes ago, Niki said:

I haven't tested this 100% but I think the horse acts like player inventory decay, sort of like how saddles don't decay already. I'd imagine food might decay faster so use a picnic basket.

as a response to @Finndarasking about decay of items within saddlebags.

I hope players are enjoying the saddlebags.  Have a festive time with hopefully no worries, all.

Edited by Tristanc
  • Like 2

OK, dumb question:  This is a Christmastime-only item, right?  So if I want it I need to log in and craft a christma tree?  Or is this a new permanent recipe? 

7 minutes ago, Zephyr40k said:

OK, dumb question:  This is a Christmastime-only item, right?  So if I want it I need to log in and craft a christma tree?  Or is this a new permanent recipe? 

There are two items, saddlebags are player craftable items that anyone can make and will be in forever. Saddle sacks are the Christmas gift and function as a slightly larger saddlebag that reduces weight of items carried affecting the horse by 60% instead of 50%

• Like 1

This seems to cause some confusion every Christmas. Could we have official notes (or if someone has them from previous years I've missed, please link here, my quick search pulled blank) about requirements to receive Christmas gifts? Afaik only requirement is: you need to be premium at the time of collecting the gift from starter city during holidays. But when is last time to collect??? Also I guess if you wish you can still subscribe to receive the gift until the end date of Christmas? (which was again???)

10 hours ago, Nestangol said:

This seems to cause some confusion every Christmas. Could we have official notes (or if someone has them from previous years I've missed, please link here, my quick search pulled blank) about requirements to receive Christmas gifts? Afaik only requirement is: you need to be premium at the time of collecting the gift from starter city during holidays. But when is last time to collect??? Also I guess if you wish you can still subscribe to receive the gift until the end date of Christmas? (which was again???)

You should be able to collect until the 31st. Also you can make an xmas tree and get the gift from it if you don't want to haul to spawn.

• Like 1

Hey, my 2017 xmas gift saddle sack, is decaying.. should it do that? Do we have to carry it in our inventory to prevent decay? Is anyone else having their saddle sack decay on them? 

So far my saddle sack has 1.01 decay on it.

I don't think gifts are supposed to decay. Then again I did think that about unlit lanterns in inventory too. Ever since the client update where lanterns inside mines became useless (can see well enough without and most of lighting effect appears only when looking from further away, so mostly just good to light the way for alt or for cosmetic reason) I've noticed decay on lanterns in inventory. But the lanterns decay was too small for me to really be sure or bother to follow. So just tossing this here: is unlit lantern decay in inventory a bug? If it is, maybe that is same or related to saddle sack decay?

-  Nestangol (both in forum and in-game, also reachable in-game as Gwanunig, Pinmaethor, Aeghall or Bunnybuns (but 90% of time online as Nestangol and 10% as others)

On 12/30/2017 at 6:28 PM, Nestangol said:

is unlit lantern decay in inventory a bug?

It's probably intentional, given that it's been in the game for years, and the devs are likely well aware of it.