Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 23/DEC/17

Changes and Additions:

• Added small bag
    • Small bag is created with a needle on leather.
    • Small bags are not containers, but are used in creation of saddlebags.
  • Added saddlebags
    • Saddlebags are created with a leather belt on a small bag, and finished with an additional leather belt and small bag.
    • Any weight in the saddlebag will count as half weight for speed calculations on the horse.
    • Saddles are now considered containers, which can only take saddlebag items.
    • Saddlebags are placed inside the saddle on the horse, and can be reached by the equipment menu
    • A separate option to access saddlebags independently of the equipment menu is in the works, but not available at this time
  • Added PAVE and PAVE_CORNER keybinds.

Bug Fixes:

• New players created after today’s update will have the Fix Cooking Affinties flag set to ON in manage profiles.  Any characters created prior to today’s update will need to manually set the flag to ON if they wish to have the updated affinity calculation.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed multiple deity champs per kingdom and more than 3 champs.
  • Fixed an issue with incorrect scenario rewards.
  • Valrei mission items should now advance the sacrifice mission even if quality is below 30.
  • Fixed an issue causing recipe notes to disappear when logging out. Max length for notes is 200 characters.
  • You no longer get the drink option in the context menu for sealed containers.
  • You can no longer fill a sealed container.
  • Required amount of statue of drake fragments has been reduced to 127 instead of 133 to prevent them bugging out.
  • Armor pieces with no material indicated should now properly combine with the iron material pieces.
  • Like 3

Thank you - a nice present to have the saddlebags :D

• Like 2

May we please know what the general decay rules are for items stored in saddlebags?

Edited by Finndar

A big big ty for saddle bags! The #1? requested item over the years. Now how about that pack horse ;)

25 minutes ago, Finndar said:

May we please know what the general decay rules are for items stored in saddlebags?

Same as any item inside a container

• Like 1

Didn't expect em this year anymore, thanks for pushing it. :)

Merry Christmas

A horse walks into a bar one day.The bartender says, "Hey."

The horse says, "You read my mind!"

• Like 2

And for christmas i want my PMK wagons back :( they lost texture due to update...

32 minutes ago, kochinac said:

And for christmas i want my PMK wagons back :( they lost texture due to update...

Yep, all of mine are freedom wagons now.

Known bug as a result of some christmas textures, will be addressing it in an update later today.

After the update; all of my unicorns and hell horses are no longer pregnant. Not game breaking but a bug none the less.

I was incredibly excited about saddlebags/saddle sacks, until I realized that since the wurm team has decided that the pvp population cannot have animal management (with the untaming/uncaring buttons) we also have no use for the saddle bags.  Apparently you need to have your animal tamed in order to access said bags, or in the case of freedom you can just have your horse branded and add/remove stuff from them whenever you please.  I'm sorry, but this is a bit unfair for the pvp population.

*edit* TLDR: if you play on both epic and freedom don't bother to get your gift on epic.

Edited by Lisabet
  • Like 1

It sucks to see all the past gifts that people have and I was happy to finally receive one. Then they were added to the crafting menu at the SAME time and on top of which are completely unfunctional.

If this years Christmas gift is now a craftable item. Then ALL past gifts should be craftable. That's only fair , right ? Why not sell these items in the shop but with a different examination text saying that they were purchased there instead of reading as gifts from santa. I can only assume that you guys like money.

You could create a " gift exchange " NPC that will allow to people to trade in this non-gift for an actual one that isn't already available in the game. E.g. the " older " gifts.

Besides some miniscule advantages and a worse looking skin - the saddle sacks are the exact same as saddlebags - which due to taming being involved aren't even items.

Also, can we get word on when the transfer will end? It's really sucking up all the players from Epic. We wanted more players and more balanced PvP. So far the update has been: First goal - step backward . Second goal - step forward.

To the wurm devs: Your keywords for 2018 are........ " New Players", " Kingdom building", and " We Love Epic"

It sucks that you didn't find this game sooner so you would have received all of the past Christmas gifts.  I wish with all my heart that instead of bitching about what you get people would either say thank you or drop them into a fire.  It is a GIFT.  If you would have liked to receive something else, perhaps a suggestion of what you would have liked to receive in a suggestion thread would be nice.  Who knows.....maybe it will be something they give out in the future.  Noone is every going to be completely happy with the gift.  Hell I would have liked it to be more festive with more than a small ribbon on the picture.  Just me I know.  It is nice that the item is something that most will be able to use.  I have loads of gifts that well are cute but do not do anything.

As far as the needing to tame/untame and not having the animal management for that, you know that is a semi recent addition.  I still have not gotten completely used to it.  I always kept a dog, pig something around to tame so I could untame my horses (still do it that way since I always forget about the ability in the management).  It isn't that difficult.

• Like 6

Past gifts are generally trade-able, so if you need one so badly, trade with someone that has them.  I have tons of santa hats, spyglasses, goats, reindeer, snowball lanterns, etc.  Always happy to trade them out for a few silvers ;)

Thanks Devs for the saddlebags!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Trollslayer said:

It sucks to see all the past gifts that people have and I was happy to finally receive one. Then they were added to the crafting menu at the SAME time and on top of which are completely unfunctional.

If this years Christmas gift is now a craftable item. Then ALL past gifts should be craftable. That's only fair , right ? Why not sell these items in the shop but with a different examination text saying that they were purchased there instead of reading as gifts from santa. I can only assume that you guys like money.

You could create a " gift exchange " NPC that will allow to people to trade in this non-gift for an actual one that isn't already available in the game. E.g. the " older " gifts.

Besides some miniscule advantages and a worse looking skin - the saddle sacks are the exact same as saddlebags - which due to taming being involved aren't even items.

Also, can we get word on when the transfer will end? It's really sucking up all the players from Epic. We wanted more players and more balanced PvP. So far the update has been: First goal - step backward . Second goal - step forward.

To the wurm devs: Your keywords for 2018 are........ " New Players", " Kingdom building", and " We Love Epic"

This was done in a previous year also. Picnic baskets (last years) have a craftable variety, lunchboxes. Santa hats are purely aesthetic (just like our halloween surprise goodies from this year). The saddle sack is unique - it's aesthetically different than the craftable and slightly better. Few christmas items before were just purely aesthetic, so I'm not sure that's what you wanted, either. I'm talking about santa hats, reindeer, yule goats and gnomes. You're probably talking about the gifts long before that, things like farwalker amulets and bags of keeping - things they decided not to do anymore since they're kindof ridiculously useful when compared to the rest of the game....

But don't worry, they already announced they're entertaining the idea of a cash shop. Maybe you can buy old christmas gifts in there :)

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Pashka said:

As far as the needing to tame/untame and not having the animal management for that, you know that is a semi recent addition.  I still have not gotten completely used to it.  I always kept a dog, pig something around to tame so I could untame my horses (still do it that way since I always forget about the ability in the management).  It isn't that difficult.

The untame/uncare thing is over a year old now,  and isn't entirely the point of my complaint this time.  The point being that on freedom if you have your horse branded you can change its gear any time you please without the need to tame it.  Thus anyone on freedom with a branded horse can easily use these new saddle bags/saddle sacks while it's on the horse without having to tame their mount just to take something out or put something in it.  On chaos, sure if you're on a hell horse your animal is highly likely to be tamed; but I'm more likely to use a normal horse in my day to day playing and you don't want your normal horse tamed 24/7 so that mobs target them.  And I honestly doubt anyone will be riding into pvp with a set of saddle bags on their hell horse.  It's ridiculous that there's such a disparity in the code when it's a quality of life thing.  How hard could it be to have the manage animals only work within kingdom and completely non-affected by the enemy? They have plenty of other code that covers that situation.  

• Like 3

Thank you Devs for your Christmas gift.

I was so excited about saddle bags being craftable, that I immediately made them and put them in my RARE Saddle with WoA 102. 

Since this item was bugged, I removed the saddle bags but have lost my WoA 102 - is this recoverable?

My speedy horse, Runswift, with 90+ql rare horseshoes and 90+WoA, used to go 38+mph, now only 33- 35 mph max, due to WoA being lost on the saddle.

Hey my saddle sack (the 2017 xmas gift one) is decaying.

It seems to be decaying faster than my 70QL saddle.

It has 1.01 decay on it already. Is there a way to prevent decay on this item? I can not seem to repair it.

Maybe you could tell us when it does take decay, so we can avoid doing that?

IwLdQrJ.jpg

Thanks

TeeeBOMB

PS: I can repair it tho. Found out. Just still.. decay? already?!

Edited by TeeeBOMB
more words

Sign in to follow this