Sign in to follow this  
gorgian

GLSL

IDK, Just in glasshollow today. i still have GLSL lag, on AMD rig. After all these years and performance updates wurm pushed out it's still there. 

Spec

Amd fx 8300 

8GB ram

SSD 480GB

Nvidia 1060 6GB

Win 10

Lowering settings has no effect. Disabling GLSL no lag at all. 

Funny part is I play other games with heavy GLSL in it, and dont suffer lag.

IDK could it be something silly like a threading issue.Over the years this has been my #1 thing I found to hinder AMD's with games.

For me, "Limit max dynamic lights" and setting that at a low number fixes glasshollow and all areas with god knows how many lamps

7 minutes ago, Cenotaph said:

For me, "Limit max dynamic lights" and setting that at a low number fixes glasshollow and all areas with god knows how many lamps

Mine has always been set to the lowest value 1. This has no effect for me. But good thought.

fx8350 oc'd to 4.2ghz, two 8gb  rx580 red devils in crossfire, and I'm sure glasshollow would lag me.  It's wurm :/

edit:  I'll note tho I don't have any ssd so i do notice the usual slower rpm drive lag.

Edited by Nomadikhan

Lag and Wurm is marriage made in heaven. It will stop when last one remaining at office switches off the servers while leaving last time.

After the server was restarted seem to be a lot better for most of the day. soon as a bunch more people logged on, the lag was too much. Like before turning off GLSL fixed it.

There is definitely an issue here. involving player(s) / network lag(server to client or client or client) / graphics (GLSL).

ps when i'm the lag im talking about here is complete freezing.  Chr. takes a step and freeze take another step freeze 2-3 seconds. when before with no players no lag with GLSL on.

You know there is only so much Hardware That Code Club can throw are the issue,

*REDACTED DUE TO SECURITY ISSUES*