Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Optimal weapon enchants? What do you prefer?

So lately over the past few months maybe even a year at this point, I've seen a huge increase to bloodthirst being applied to weapons, for pve and pvp uses. At one point I thought this was a bow enchant and didn't assume it worked on melee weaponry. I'm curious to what changed and how come frostbrand isn't the meta used for raw damage anymore especially in pvp specifically? I still find use in LT for healing on pve but it seems people are going with bloodthrist these days.

How significant is this say compared to FB and LT - also what weapon are these good on, 1h hand or 2 hand weapons? How much damage bonus are we talking here?

What do you use and why? Thanks.

BT is only useful on bows since the last changes to it

it literally only is a FB that has to be charged up on melee weapons

7 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

it literally only is a FB that has to be charged up on melee weapons

I don't think you realize what you're talking about here mate. BT is up to 50% damage increasement at 10k charge. Frostbrand is up to 33% dmg at 100 cast, i think that's a big difference in terms of damage...  What i would do, Niki, is have an LT small weapon, like a longsword or a small maul or anything that doesn't burden you alongside a shield, can be any shield you want, and a damage weapon for when you wanna do the >~~>"DIPS!!"<~~< , A medium maul deals as much damage as a 2handed sword, id go with that, a hugeaxe is not bad, but its hard to parry with it, i don't recommend it. Bloodthirst is only ever good if u got the patience to grind it, if not, go with FB/FA , even RT

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

I don't think you realize what you're talking about here mate. BT is up to 50% damage increasement at 10k charge. Frostbrand is up to 33% dmg at 100 cast, i think that's a big difference in terms of damage...  What i would do, Niki, is have an LT small weapon, like a longsword or a small maul or anything that doesn't burden you alongside a shield, can be any shield you want, and a damage weapon for when you wanna do the >~~>"DIPS!!"<~~< , A medium maul deals as much damage as a 2handed sword, id go with that, a hugeaxe is not bad, but its hard to parry with it, i don't recommend it. Bloodthirst is only ever good if u got the patience to grind it, if not, go with FB/FA , even RT

What about woa and nimble is nimble still out performing?

25 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

I don't think you realize what you're talking about here mate. BT is up to 50% damage increasement at 10k charge.

yeah just realized its an epic only change

Edited by Quicktor

1 minute ago, Niki said:

What about woa and nimble is nimble still out performing?

Wind of ages at 100 cast is -0.5s to the weapon swing according to wiki and my tests, but its worthless if u can't hit anything... 90 cast nimbleness = +3 CR (+ 15 FS skill), much more viable to go NIM

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Quicktor said:

see thats where you are wrong, if you look into the patchnotes where it got changed, it states that its 33% now

so its, like i said in my first post, just a FB cast you have to charge up...

Can you link it?

1 minute ago, Quicktor said:

it states that its 33% now

It says that in "Epic Only Changes:" so one would assume that's changed on epic.

NdD1AXL.png

had to search for the news, but yeah seems like its an epic only change

Edited by Quicktor

BT is +damage; FB and the like are %damage.

BT will almost always be better on weaker, quicker weapons--even after the nerf.

• Like 1

None of this post is about Epic.

Bloodthirst adds a flat amount of damage and scales linearly with cast and uncurved weapon QL, making it most effective on fast weapons that you can maintain at a high quality--a QL95 weapon will get over 18% more damage contribution from BT than a QL80 weapon.  Bloodthirst's damage can contribute to skillgain (unlike FB), it does not cause extra damage to the weapon itself (unlike RT), its extra damage will proc against uniques (like RT), and the damage boost from BT makes the weapon stun more often.  BT is less grand on slow weapons with strong hits, but the damage increase is still comparable to a 20% RT boost instead of a 33% FB boost on those.

WOA has a bad rap because its math was broken for a long time and it wasn't properly increasing attack speed.  That math was quietly fixed over a year ago, but it never got a patch note.  Nimbleness on your weapon is never bad, but since accuracy is curved and combatant CRs are usually not very lopsided, speed bonus is superior to nimbleness in everyday PVE and in PVP.  Nimbleness is superior when your opponent CR vastly outclasses your own, which only really happens versus high-end PVE champions and uniques.  These differences are subtle at best--usually between +5% and +10% damage--and will not save your life or make a hard fight easy, but I suppose every little bit helps.

If I had to choose two weapons to use forever, I'd choose one with NIM+BT for uniques and one with WOA+LT for PVE.

• Like 15

i want area of sharing pain and LT working in shields and let us dual wield them

Edited by tamat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tamat said:

i want area of sharing pain and LT working in shields and let us dual wield them

LOL. :P Might be nice, though, if dual-wielding had its own skill.