Sign in to follow this  
Vortexxx

ToolBox

Bring us a Toolbox  where we can place our tools inside and we can hold it in our inventory. 

this would allow us to not switch between tools when improving an item. 

let it automatically choose the proper tools when improving the item/s

Can only hold 5 tools. 

Made from Tin, Iron or Steel.

Weight 2.50klg

Req. 50-70 Blacksmithing

different colorations

• Like 4

Step in the wrong direction. We need more interaction not less.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Gladiator said:

-1 or you can make an inventory group.... and have no weight for it...

Neutral on the suggestion itself, but: the item limit is what matters, not the weight limit.

On 12/20/2017 at 3:42 PM, Hailene said:

Step in the wrong direction. We need more interaction not less.

Less mindless clicking is a step in the right direction, because if mindless clicking is covering for the fact that nothing is really there, then removing that covering leaves no excuses.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Roccandil said:

Less mindless clicking is a step in the right direction, because if mindless clicking is covering for the fact that nothing is really there, then removing that covering leaves no excuses.

If you define choosing a tool as mindless clicking, then you are a lost cause.

I bet any clicking in any game is defined by you as mindless then?

Mindless clicking would be to just stare at another screen and press 2 buttons without paying attention to Wurm at all, because you wouldn't have to interact with the game to choose a tool.

+1. maybe not make it that heavy (not everyone got 99 body strength) but a toolbox to hold your tools would help. groups are useful to sort thru them but still make items count towards limit... i use a satchel for the smaller tools atm but doesnt work for bigger tools, and not useful to imp with. still got ot manualy select each tool even tho only got 1 of each in there. 

+1 I would like this. Not everyone has the same amount of time to play so people that can't afford too many extra steps could use this and people who don't need it can leave it alone.

On 12/26/2017 at 3:46 AM, Wulfgar said:

If you define choosing a tool as mindless clicking, then you are a lost cause.

I bet any clicking in any game is defined by you as mindless then?

Mindless clicking would be to just stare at another screen and press 2 buttons without paying attention to Wurm at all, because you wouldn't have to interact with the game to choose a tool.

Clicking repeatedly to do the same thing is mindless and "bad". Good clicking involves making a meaningful choice.

Thus, if selecting a different tool were a meaningful choice, it would be good clicking. In this case, however, it simply masks repetition.

47 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Clicking repeatedly to do the same thing is mindless and "bad". Good clicking involves making a meaningful choice.

Thus, if selecting a different tool were a meaningful choice, it would be good clicking. In this case, however, it simply masks repetition.

So, by allowing you to just spam a single button to improve tools in the exact same way other than not needing to bother changing the tool.. this is less repetitive?  or your point is it makes it more obviously repetitive, but at least is less tedious?

i don’t mind the imping system..

70-80ql is just fine for almost everything. And isn’t hard to be made by masters in their fields. A top level item requires a master putting a lot of effort into it. That makes sense to me. 

17 minutes ago, Xor said:

So, by allowing you to just spam a single button to improve tools in the exact same way other than not needing to bother changing the tool.. this is less repetitive?  or your point is it makes it more obviously repetitive, but at least is less tedious?

i don’t mind the imping system..

70-80ql is just fine for almost everything. And isn’t hard to be made by masters in their fields. A top level item requires a master putting a lot of effort into it. That makes sense to me. 

Less tedious, yes. :) Anything that reduces repetitive clicking I'm likely to like. :)

As to time taken, I absolutely agree it should take a long time to make a masterwork item, and that's the only real gameplay choice I see in the imping process; do I go for masterwork or sheer numbers? How much time do I spend on one thing?

Currently, however, everything else in the process is noise (damage/switching tools/clicks) and I get the impression that the amount of clicking required right now is off-putting to a lot of folks, not to mention unhealthy.

Were I in charge of the imping system, I would do the following:

- Allow imping actions to be easily queued, whether through a toolbox or some other means.

- Remove damage, while adjusting imp sizes to keep the total time required to imp the same. Damage is a petty frustration, and simply tells players they're wasting time and effort. As a developer, I'd want to respect my playerbase; my job (as I see it) would be to provide something fun, not frustrating, for as many people as possible.

• Like 1

It's going to be annoying to have another item with no use, also adding more weight to players.

It's ABSOLUTELY fine as it is, using a belt to switch between the tools.

Sure, toolbox could hold xx tools, 1 of every kind etc... also maybe lowering the weight a bit to compensate, but.... NO.

-1 for this automation, idea's not that bad, 

but I'm against the suggested application to replace belts/inventory-groups.