Sign in to follow this  
MordosKull

The Phantom Player

Hey All,

I was told I should post this. While playing, another player somehow left behind several phantoms (see pics below). At first it was just one, and I thought I was lagging, but then there were two, and to our surprise, another player also saw the phantoms several minutes later (verifying it wasn't just some issue on my end). Aside from looking glitchy and black and whatnot, I could right click these phantoms and get full character right click menus as if they were the real player. Then, when I selected attack once, it actually initiated combat with his real character several tiles away. The phantoms then stayed there until I logged quite some time later, even though the player they mimicked had already by then logged off. They are gone now though, and I've never quite seen such a thing in WO or WU.

For whatever value this provides, here it is.

Thx guys  o/

Edit: Pics are gone now from this post.  I don't know how to attach them another way. I copied and pasted them, they were here, and now that i clicked post, they are gone. If anyone can let me know how to get them up correctly, I'll promptly post them back on here.  thnx again!

Edited by MordosKull
Pics gone from post
  • Like 1

Your pictures are only saved on your hard drive. In order for other people to view them, you have to "host" them on the internet. Copy and Pasting the pictures to the forum does not "host" them. You'll have to go to a 3rd party site, upload the pictures, then post the link to the picture that is provided to you by the host site.

Popular hosting sites include:
imgur.com
photobucket.com
tinypic.com

As for your phantom situation, I believe the technical term is "artifacting" and is a fairly common bug in gaming. As you've noticed, a relog fixes these issues.

It's been an issue for "at least" 7 years, that's how long I've been playing and have seen it my entire time.

My first time was within my first week, Rudie sailed by in a Caravel and I stayed in a house for 3 hours.  When I finally couraged up and went to see why his boat hadn't moved and he stayed in local, that's when I learned.  He actually had left local but at the very edge of local range, it bugged and the graphics of him and his boat stayed even though he was long gone.

Maybe someday this will be figured out and fixed!

I am...

The Phantom Menace. Still haunting your local to this day.

• Like 2