Sign in to follow this  
Governor

Installer for Ago's client mod loader w/ mods

Client Mod Loader Installer

I have put together an installer for @agoclient mod loader. I created it because a lot of player have issues trying to figure out how to install it and get mods running. I have some client mods included that you can choose from when installing. Let me know if you would like other client mods included with this installer. Updated as new mod loader versions are released.

Features:

• Installer has been written from scratch using NSIS
  • Supports many different languages
  • Choose which mods you want to install (all mods checked by default)
  • Automatically runs the patcher after install if you choose so (it is recommended that you choose to do so or the mods will not work)
  • Uninstaller included

Mods Included:

Future Release Plans:

I plan to release a version that will automatically find the correct install path for you. If anyone knows how to do this already, send me a PM here. I have the NSIS script included on the GitHub page.

Windows Download: HERE

Edited by Governor
  • Like 4

Hello Governor

We always used the installforge (if you know it) but sometimes players have problems with custom path.....the programm doesnt correct install the files.

Now i like to try your installer, it seems very cool, i like the option to select the single mods.

My question is, is it possible in any way to edit your installer? change the text, the picture and the modlist.

Eject

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:35 AM, Eject said:

Hello Governor

We always used the installforge (if you know it) but sometimes players have problems with custom path.....the programm doesnt correct install the files.

Now i like to try your installer, it seems very cool, i like the option to select the single mods.

My question is, is it possible in any way to edit your installer? change the text, the picture and the modlist.

Eject

It is possible to change everything about the installer. The script file is able to be downloaded by clicking HERE or by visiting the GitHub page that you downloaded the installer from. You can find guides on how to make it do what you want HERE.

• Like 1

I dunno no offense but is it really necessary to make another installer?  You say people may have trouble with the other ( which is pretty darn easy) but other options just may confuse  them entirely.  I get everybody modding to make it their own but the theory remains if it isn't broken don't try and fix it.  Acceptance sometimes is just knowing Ago has set the standard.  Again no offence you create great things focus on that!

17 hours ago, Nikko said:

I dunno no offense but is it really necessary to make another installer?  You say people may have trouble with the other ( which is pretty darn easy) but other options just may confuse  them entirely.  I get everybody modding to make it their own but the theory remains if it isn't broken don't try and fix it.  Acceptance sometimes is just knowing Ago has set the standard.  Again no offence you create great things focus on that!

The installer I created uses ago's mod loader, not my own. Some people have difficulty with installing it, and I provide an easier way to do so. I just created an .exe file with mods included. You don't need to use my installer, and it does not provide any more than ago and the mod authors can.

Edited by Governor

I am currently looking for anyone that knows Linux to help convert the installer as I update it. I would like the installer to be available in both Windows and Linux. If you are willing and able, please PM me.

• Updated all mods to current versions as of 8/12/2020
  • Added modelcrashfix to prevent client crashing when in a range of certain custom creatures.
  • Added fixvbo to fix invisible creatures and effects.

Windows Download: HERE

Edited by Governor

Newest Version out now!

Fixed issue with certain mod properties not being installed properly.

Windows Download: HERE