Sign in to follow this  
Ritoushori

Cannot play for some reason

PShwPA5.pnghttps://imgur.com/a/yqyox    idk how to put an image on here but thats what it has told me why i cannot play the game wurm  *says this archive is in an unknown format or its damaged 

Edited by Ritoushori

Hello

Try to reinstall wurm and look if you have the right java-version for your os, thats what i would do first.

Because adding an image you can click below the editor at "Insert other media" and write in the url of the graphic

Eject

Edited by Eject
  • Like 1

it wont let me even download it at all once i try it pops up saying archive is damage or unknown i have java 64 for my os was what i was told to get for this game to play

1. The path for it is so long,and goes through protected folders, can you create a folder named C:\Wurm  and then right-click and SAVE AS  the file from here https://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jnlp      Then open C:\WURM and try right clicking the file and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR and see if it runs
  2. It is possible there is some Windows "protection" (antivirus, firewall, internet security program etc) that is corrupting the file during download.  The only real way to test for that is to temporarily turn off those programs during the download(be sure to turn back on again right after)
  3. Also check the download, right click PROPERTIES, "TypeOfFile"  "Open With" and confirm it is trying to use ONLY Java Web Start Launcher to open, another program may have somehow gotten associated with JNLP file formats.  Apparently it sometimes gets associated with WINRAR, for example.  See this similar thread:  

Edited by Brash_Endeavors