Sign in to follow this  
Nacciwa

Bridge issues

I am currently building a bridge and when re mounting cart i am under bridge. The bridge is located on Xanadu at whispering mtn port, and is named rampart

Screenshot%202017-12-16%2012.16.08_zpsrd

Screenshot%202017-12-16%2012.18.02_zpsx2

screen shots to be posted

Edited by Nacciwa

Having this exact problem on Indy while building a diagonally up/down bridge (about 295 dirt difference between the two ends) all on land, no water involved. It usually happened when I would mount my cart after completing a bridge section to move forward one tile, to start the next section. I'd embark as Commander, but appear below the bridge on the ground level, hovering in the air in the seated position, the cart still up on the bridge. I could drive the cart but only until I hit a support beam below. That support would prevent me from going any further. The work around was for me to maneuver  the cart so it hung off the edge of the bridge above me, click on the cart and Disembark. That is the only way I could Disembark. I would then still be below the bridge on foot, cart still above. I'd have to run back up the bridge to the cart, Unhitch the horses, Push the cart a couple times, then I was able to re-hitch the horses after collecting them from where ever they unhitched at. All worked fine after that.

Of note, one time while bugged out,  I drove the cart (while I was hovering in the air below the bridge) on to the unfinished planned bridge sections, then disembarked. This made it impossible for me to get the cart back, or even interact with the cart. Said I needed to be on the bridge at the same height, which was impossible because it was on unfinished planned bridge sections.

Edited by Gumbo

This bug is very old and still not fixed.

I got my wagon stucked under unfinished bridges MANY times. 99% times when embarking, after finished tile.

It sometimes happens when you enter first tile of the bridge, while embarked on the vehicle (rarely).

Most of times it happens when you finished some part of the bridge and want to embark on the wagon (on the bridge). Then you land under bridge in embarked position, while wagon is bugged on the bridge.

I think that moment when you start making part of the bridge is crucial. In moment you put first material, you see that wagon on your tile gets repositioned slightly.

The same happens when you dig first time under wagon, just after disembarking it.

Maybe this repositioning is couse of this bug?

Yesterday I got GM called 3 times in a row, to this bug. Bridge is built above tiles with very high slopes (tiles got often more then 500 slope, Valrei event ones).

Edited by Wilczan

Today had another bug.

While riding on the wagon from the bulding to the first bridge tile, got dismounted when entered a bridge, and my character were clipping forward and backward under bridge.

Couldn't move, but when I turned on climbing I was still clipping but managed to go back, through the house wall to the inside of building.

Then went up to see if wagon i still on the bridge, but there were only 4 horses visible.

As I still had wagon on a select bar i thought that I'am gonna try to embark it. When choosed to embark (from the building floor on the bridge level) wagon spawned back on me and I could ride it normally without any problems.

Edited by Wilczan

5 hours ago, Wilczan said:

Today had another bug.

While riding on the wagon from the bulding to the first bridge tile, got dismounted when entered a bridge, and my character were clipping forward and backward under bridge.

Couldn't move, but when I turned on climbing I was still clipping but managed to go back, through the house wall to the inside of building.

Then went up to see if wagon i still on the bridge, but there were only 4 horses visible.

As I still had wagon on a select bar i thought that I'am gonna try to embark it. When choosed to embark (from the building floor on the bridge level) wagon spawned back on me and I could ride it normally without any problems.

You have a floor on the first level that creates this problem. Bridges connecting to buildings at the ground level can only have paved floors on the first level or it will drop your cart/wagon/horse through bridge when you cross over the connection. I have tested this problem quite a bit, even though your cart/wagon goes invisible it is still working and when you drop through you should be able to drive it down the side of the wall to the bottom level, this is a problem though if you are over deep water.

To make my bridge work I had to bash out the floor tile in front of the bridge as can be seen in this picture, it is a known bug that maybe one day will be fixed.

vtBTbOO.jpg

No, all my bridges are connected to the second floor of buildings, or higher.

I said that I went through the wall, couse on the first floor there is just a plain stone wall, entrance is on a second one.

wurm.20180301.1959.jpg

wurm.20180301.1959_1.jpg

wurm.20180301.2004.jpg

Edited by Wilczan

try replacing the ladder floor with a solid floor, also I noticed arched bridges connecting to buildings will dump you often as well

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

try replacing the ladder floor with a solid floor, also I noticed arched bridges connecting to buildings will dump you often as well

I'am starting to believe that it's all about slopes below, couse on the other deed I also have arched bridges connected to buildings between needles (of lesser slopes) and that kind of bug never occured there. And I were crossing thse bridges houndreds of times on wagon.

On 26.02.2018 at 9:17 AM, Wilczan said:

Most of times it happens when you finished some part of the bridge and want to embark on the wagon (on the bridge). Then you land under bridge in embarked position, while wagon is bugged on the bridge.

I think that moment when you start making part of the bridge is crucial. In moment you put first material, you see that wagon on your tile gets repositioned slightly.

The same happens when you dig first time under wagon, just after disembarking it.

Maybe this repositioning is couse of this bug?

About this bug I might found the solution, not 100% sure tho.

After completing each part of the bridge I go off the bridge and go back again, before embarking wagon.

Done that 20 times after completing each part of the bridge, and wagon never bugged. And that was the same bridge where I bugged twice after completing first two tiles.

Maybe player going off the bridge or entering it, gets some positioning reset? Or I just were lucky...