Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Competitive WU 3v3 League Season 1(2 gold prize pool)

DATE:Friday, January 12th at 6PM EST

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20180112T18&p0=805&msg=WU+3v3&font=cursive

I intend want to start a 3 times a year(January,May,September)prize based 3v3(or possibly more) competition.

(This will be hosted in Wurm Unlimited to allow for a fair fight)

Prizes

• 1st:1 gold
  • 2nd:50 silver
  • 3rd:25 Silver
  • 4th:25 silver

(All Prizes in Wurm Online Currency)

Competition Date

• Time:Exact time to be determined before the end of December 31st
  • Date: January 6th or 7th exact date to be determined before the end of December 31st

Requirement

• Purchased WU Copy
  • Decent internet
  • Register Team by December 31st

Rules

• Rome/Crusaders Members will be ineligible for the prize(sorry guys) but able to compete and any prize won by them would be given to the place under them and so on if they where to place.(1 single member from Rome/Crusaders makes the entire team unable to take a prize period end of story) Restriction Removed
  • 3v3 format
  • 2 priests of your choice and faith level per team started at max favor(2/3 members can be a priest max) multiple of 1 priest are allowed.
  • You may cast enchants but will be using your limited favor pool, any destroyed items will be gone for the duration of the round.
  • 1 Team JK Kingdom, 1 Team MR Kingdom decided by coin flip or both teams agreement, entire arena will be paved for no terraign advantage and max speed
  • Any meditation path set to your chosen level
  • No valrei spells period
  • Subs for missing members are fine, we do ask you register in good faith your intended roster though(all subs must be stated in the subs section of the form max 3)
  • Subs are considered team members, they may be swapped out between rounds or in the absence of a member and may not join another team.
  • Teams must wait for the designated referee to declare the start of the match with the message "~~~START~~~" in local, both teams will have at least 5 mins in a prep cave to prepare for the fight out of enemy sight to cast and prep once the start message has been posted into local both teams may leave the cave but not a second before the start message, from the time you enter the cave you may not exit until the ref calls start or else instant disqualification and a win handed to your enemy.
  • Season 1 arena will be a 21x21 paved tallstone walled in square with random levels of terrain and obstacles such as unlocked gates that will be consistent across all matches with 2 mine entrances opposite sides.
  • To prevent ties after 2 mins from the start all competitors will take 2 damage per second inside a starter cave, and after 10 mins from start time all competitors will take 1 damage per 3 seconds outside a cave/inside until 1 team/winner is left
  • Looting dead enemy/friendly bodys is fine
  • Rules/Starter Items are subject to change until December 31st upon suggestions from people, January 1st all rules and items will be 100% locked in

Stats
50 all characteristics
75 all weapon skills
75 all shield skills
70 archery/bow skills
70 Channeling
60 in all other stats
(All stats based on freedom no curve)

Equipment: Each team has a starter area stocked with the following Equipment/Extra Items/Animals(and gear)
(All equipment with a / means you get the shown amount of each set for example 1 short and 1 longsword and 1 two hand sword)

1 75QL NO Enchant Drake Chest/Legs
1 80QL, 80 WA steel plate(1 of each helm type)/iron chain/studded leather/leather/cloth set
1 80QL, 80 AOSP steel plate(1 of each helm type)/iron chain/studded leather/leather/cloth set

1 80ql 80FB 70NIMB Steel Short/Longsword/2hsword
1 80ql 80FA 70NIMB Steel Short/Longsword/2hsword
1 80ql 80FB 70NIMB Steel Small/Medium/Large Maul
1 80ql 80FA 70NIMB Steel Small/Medium/Large Maul
1 80ql 80FB 70NIMB Steel Small/Normal/Huge Axe
1 80ql 80FA 70NIMB Steel Small/Normal/Huge Axe
1 80ql 80FB 70NIMB Steel Long Spear/Halberd/Staff/Scythe
1 80ql 80FA 70NIMB Steel Long Spear/Halberd/Staff/Scythe
1 80ql 80FB 70NIMB Steel Sickle
1 80ql 80FA 70NIMB Steel Sickle

Extra Items
3 Sleep powder(to activate sleep bonus)
3 Halter rope
3 SpyGlass
3 99QL 99WOA Compass
9 Cotton satchel
2 Mag/Fo/Vyn/Lib gold statuette 50QL
7 70QL Vesseled Gems
20 70ql Bow String
3 80QL 70NIMB Long/Medium/Short bow (Unstrung)
3 Quiverys
75 60QL War Arrows(40 FA)
75 60QL War Arrows(40 FB)
6 full waterskins
9 90QL Bangers and Mash
12 70QL combat potions
30 Cotton Seeds
30KG 75QL Cotton

Animals
6 Normal Horses with(Fleeter, tough, strong, lightning, and carry more)
10 Pigs to drop your tame
24 80QL 80WOA Horse Shoes
6 80QL 80WOA Saddle
2 80QL NO Enchant Chain/Leather/Cloth Barding

(ALL RULES/ITEMS SUBJECT TO ADJUSTMENT BASED 100% ON COMMUNITY FEEDBACK, PRIZE IS SET IN STONE)

Signup
(Just copy and paste the below, post the form and fill in the questions please provide both an ingame account name and a forum name if available)
Team Name:(What you want to be called)
Main Names:(Your main 3 team members names)
Sub Names:(Your side 3 possible subs)
Team Leader;(Prize distribution/team decisions will be in this persons hands PERIOD chose well)
Best time/timezone:(What time/timezone the most of your main/sub team will be on)
Best day:(6th/7th of January)

If anyone would like to donate an additional prize the only purpose of this is to get people into competitive

pvp in a safe way and any items or anything would only go back to the community(anything donated would go to

season 2, season 1 prizes are set)

I hope we can turn a monthly competitive tourney into a regular event, the goal of this is to get people on freedom thinking about how they can win some sweet prizes by competing in a 100% safe 100% even pvp competition.  A single group is more than welcome to submit as many 3 man teams as they can we want to see everyone best on an even footing.

Current Teams

Team Name:Smth Memey
Main Names:Badget Geschirre Ordec
Team Leader;Badget

---------------------------------------

Team Name: The Three Kings
Main Names: Yesirn, Malevolence, Coolguy
Sub Names: Yourmajesty
Team Leader; Yesirn

Team Name: The Abusement Park
Main Names: Cyberhusky, Wsrich, Kix
Team Leader: Kix

Team Name: Compass
Main Names: James, Miz, Anderson
Team Leader: Miz

Team Name: TCs
Main Names: Ciray, Tule, Dridmar
Team Leader: Ciray

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 11

A very noble and creative way to give people some sight into pvp.  I think this is a great idea and I look forward to seeing it progress.  I will offer up my services as a PvP coach for any freedom team that is interested in participating.  I will offer insight on fighting mechanics as well as priest mechanics. 

• Like 1

Awesome idea. 

Always wanted such a server where we can practice our pvp skills.

Expect a couple of LoA teams to sign up this sounds like so much fun!

Somebody should stream and announce it like in esports streams

• Like 3

Ill definitely be streaming in a fight, looking forward to this, now to round up my team!

Oh god Ripper - its gonna be you, Archerman and Ciray - call it bait boys ;p

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rhianna said:

Oh god Ripper - its gonna be you, Archerman and Ciray - call it bait boys ;p

Ahh i see your team is, you, angelklaine and dragtec, even in a 21x21 pit i know your gonna get lost ;)

• Like 5

So a couple changes/clarifications after talking with people from in and outside kingdom,

1)Changed to best of 3, first team to 2 wins moves on(I'll see what I can do about cooldown resets).  Subs are considered members of your team you may swap them out between rounds, or use them to replace someone who was not able to attend but they are a member of your team and cannot play for 2 teams.

2)Everyone will be eligible for the prize as people inside and outside our kingdom have made me realize its not fair and would force people from our kingdom to only play with people in our kingdom or everyone would lose out on the prize.

3)You are allowed to cast enchants on the drake/other items but you will be using your limited favor pool and if any items shatter they will be gone for your round.(You start out 100/100 favor with a set amount of gems)

4)All base gods including lib are open, there will be no player gods the 2 priests on a team will be set to a proper 100-/+ alignment 100 faith 100 favor before each fight.

5)Multiple of 1 god is allowed.

6)Changing this from a monthly format to a 3 times a year format so I can continue to offer good prizes each tournament.  They will happen roughly in January, May, and September of 2018.

Please try and have your team registered by sometime January 1st, it does not matter if we have 2 teams or 15 teams prizes will be handed out the the top teams and anything extra will be put in the pot for the May competition.

I'll have a sure time/date posted within the next 24 hours.

Edited by Darklords

On 12/16/2017 at 11:17 PM, Samusen said:

A very noble and creative way to give people some sight into pvp.  I think this is a great idea and I look forward to seeing it progress.  I will offer up my services as a PvP coach for any freedom team that is interested in participating.  I will offer insight on fighting mechanics as well as priest mechanics. 

giphy.gif

Edited by hemrzz
  • Like 2

Team Name:Smth Memey
Main Names:Badget Geschirre Ordec
Sub Names:
Team Leader;Badget

Team Name: The Three Kings
Main Names: Yesirn, Malevolence, Coolguy
Sub Names: Yourmajesty
Team Leader; Yesirn
Best time/timezone: 5:30PM EST
Best day: Jan 6th

Edited by Yesirn
Name Change

Team Name: The Abusement Park
Main Names: Cyberhusky, Wsrich, Kix
Sub Names: ---
Team Leader: Kix
Best time/timezone: 2-4PM EST
Best day: Jan 6th

With the holidays and everything I realized today I never updated or posted the final time, I am setting it forward a week the official date/time for this is Friday, January 12th at 6PM EST.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20180112T18&p0=805&msg=WU+3v3&font=cursive

I will leave registrations open till monday if anyone else was interested if not, 4th place prize will be moved added to the next pool.

I have the prize in my bank, the server code is ready next weekend should be fun I will be recording the fights and posting them a day or so after.

Edited by Darklords

thats like really late for me, i'll try to make it tho

also, can others watch? like people who arent fighting in a round, can they watch the other fights?

Edited by Quicktor

On 1/5/2018 at 10:18 PM, Quicktor said:

thats like really late for me, i'll try to make it tho

also, can others watch? like people who arent fighting in a round, can they watch the other fights?

Yes others can watch will be an open server, and sorry about the time I'll let non listed subs in for this one since I didn't exactly organize it the best I plan to improve for next time hopefully more people join after seeing some videos of the first and people getting 100% prizes this first one.

hats off to the host, was nice event, even tho weird rng or silly wurm, waiting for next event

• Like 1

Amazing event! Videos coming soon. Breaking them down into several small videos. Great event though and not just the fighting contest itself but the naked corpse fights and the highlander free for all the end too <3

Edited by Iberis
  • Like 3

Pretty basic editing was over hour so merged all the clips into one.

• Like 2

I would like to start by congratulating the winner The Abusement Park! Made up of Cyberhusky, Wsrich, and Kix they lost the first fight but climbed the entire losers bracket undefeated to come out as #1

All Places
1st:The Abusement Park(1g)
2nd:Compass(50s)
3rd:Smth Memey(25s)
4th:TCs(25s)
5th:The Three Kings(25s)

Thank you everyone who attended today's event it went better than I could have ever hoped given how many times I changed the plans and my general not so great planning of this first event.  I had planned to hold a second no matter how bad the frist was but instead of being bad it was 4 hours of people getting along having fun and laughing and just a general good time.  The server mod worked better than I could have planned given we only did 2 test rounds and 1 restart before the contest for a minor oversight I am glad we made it through the entire tourney with no major bugs or server crashes.

There is most defiantly tons of things that could have been done better, each round took upwards of 30 mins each with most of that being prep phase so 1 thing I plan to focus heavy on for next tournament is cutting down the prep phase by making things easier and quicker for you so we can cut it down to 5 mins instead of the 10+ it was taking on average.

Some other things on the list are in no specific order, global alerts and countdown for what is happening and when stuff starts, ability to set your own med/faith paths and reset cooldowns between matches so people don't need to make new accounts for each round to use hate, horses spawning in equipped with saddles and horse shoes and the biggest lesson spawn tabard and make them force equipped to make the video more watchable next time so you know who is who. This was just some that stuck out I have a list of about 12 changes outside suggestions in the discord I didn't add to my list yet.

Another point I would like to address was my late acceptance of 2 teams, I had told everyone at the cutoff only 3 teams applied that they would all 100% be leaving with at least 25s and after inviting 2 more teams late 1 of those teams would have left with nothing.  I want to be known as a man of my word so for this tourney only I will be adding a 5th place worth 25s also and awarding all teams for this first one a prize to stick consistent with my word.  Do not take this as every team who signs up next time will receive the same treatment I plan to stick to the defined rules much more strictly now that I found out what works and what didn't work this was defiantly a trial experience and I had to bend the rules a lot to make things work as a lot of my rules honestly where crap to start.

No details on the next date for the next 2g tourney though it will happen, but in February sometime I plan to host another with only a grand prize up for stake of a couple rares from warrior to test revisions of the system more details on that around February 1st. I plan to try and host these every 3 months with large prizes and every month or so with much much smaller prizes(though bigger if anyone has some random stuff to donate).

The last subject I would like to touch on is the mod I used today its self, I plan on cleaning it up after the February smaller tourney and releasing it public so anyone can host these or just practice with some friends. For those not there here is generally how the mod would work https://i.gyazo.com/f20a97e737d950173677ca4a290e607f.mp4 You assign each player a team with a command which sets them to mr/jk kingdom and brings them to the prep room, run a command to start and spawn all the items and horses for both teams in even numbers, once its over run an end command deletes all left over items and animals switches all users back to freedom and teleports them back to the lobby. The plan with this is to get people interested in  some instanced pvp in wurm and I am 100% open to suggestions for anything that might help foster more of that.

64771e2de283fe5d2d8cc90fa47baa93.png

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 1