Another year has passed away. 

Lets hope we get awesome WU mods in 2k18 

:D

Merry christmas to all.

Boats wood types! yes, yes, yes! I want my cherry and willow knarr back again :D really really great idea ! :P

• Like 1

Its been a fantastic game year

Thanks to all the devs.  you have made the game even better than it was before.

I look forward to 2018 and all the new changes you are going to make.

Have a happy and safe holiday season and a wonderful new year

• Like 1

On 12/15/2017 at 1:32 PM, Retrograde said:

To the untrained eye, this is a simple sailboat. But to the keenly honed eye, this is a sailboat with a different wood texture!

That's right, work has begun on implementing differences in wood types back into boats with the use of shaders, and that's not all, along with this will be the ability to dye specific parts of the boat!

That's AWESOME!!!  I always built my boats with a specific wood type JUST IN CASE this would come back!!!  Can't wait to hear more about this!!! 

i like the map dump but who do I talk to about getting kappa on there instead of castleegde?

Just as a heads up, the update planned for the 21st has been delayed to include a few last minute things, it will now be going live tomorrow, on the 23rd 

• Like 1

[22:04:34] The server has been up 21 days, 15 hours and 7 minutes.

Somehow I feel like this is getting into record territory for WO. Any idea what the longest uptime has been ever for WO servers?

Been an amazing year of great updates & patches! Thank you Code Club and volunteers!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

Been an amazing year of great updates & patches! Thank you Code Club and volunteers!

I agree with the sentiment, and I like your name. :)

• Like 1

On 2017-12-15 at 7:14 PM, Corsan said:

Yay. Too bad it's worthless with our current boat graphics re-do. Used to be proud of my fleet (Especially caravel), now it's awful to look at most of them, so texturing them won't help...

Too bad they didn't listen to us when we commented on how atrocious they looked after that 'update'...and then stuck with them anyway...I mean, I even snapped photos and uploaded them to show you what I meant. (Page 3, bottom) This thread was also 2+ years ago.

You want to see what I was proud of?

Hide contents

What we have now is something to be ashamed of...not trotted out as something to 'Ooo' and 'Ahhh' over.

I disagree, big fan of the newer textures, think they're a big step forward from the old ones, and look forward to different wood textures as an iteration on that progress. 

19 hours ago, Arronicus said:

I disagree, big fan of the newer textures, think they're a big step forward from the old ones, and look forward to different wood textures as an iteration on that progress. 

Sure, if you like Fisher Price toy boats...which seems to be where they ripped a few of the models from.