header.png

Delish Marketplace, Deliverance - Jberg & Crew

Welcome to the last Valrei International of 2017! It's been a jam packed year and we've seen some major changes and additions to WO, We'll be taking some time off after the next update and expect to return around mid-January. 

We'd like to start by wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and hope you all have a safe and happy holidays, don't do reckless things and enjoy the time with family! 

But we can't end there, there's still plenty being worked on into the new year, and we're happy to share some today!

Next patch
Over the next few updates into the new year we'll be looking at some long overdue quality of life updates, the first to come will be the addition of two new keybinds, PAVE and PAVE_CORNER.

Now that each pavement type uses different materials, we've been able to add keybinds to help those poor highway builders over the holidays! 
There's more in the works, but news on that will have to wait!

The next patch, which is the last update for 2017 will be launched on Thursday 21st of December. 

The update initially planned fro the 21st of December will now be going live on Saturday, the 23rd of December.

Map dumps
We'll be releasing new map dumps at the end of the year, with a new type of dump being released too! We'll be releasing dumps of the highways of each server, allowing you all to see where the highway networks connect and see the progress over the coming dumps

Spoiler

markers.png

Highways across a server, can you tell which?

Shiver me Timbers
A long long time ago, on a server far far away, each boat wood type had their own textures, from cedar to willow to olive (the best). This was all changed with the addition of new models such as ships and bulk storage, but that may soon change...

Spoiler

boat.png

To the untrained eye, this is a simple sailboat. But to the keenly honed eye, this is a sailboat with a different wood texture!

That's right, work has begun on implementing differences in wood types back into boats with the use of shaders, and that's not all, along with this will be the ability to dye specific parts of the boat! 

Community Content

This weeks Community Content is the New Delish Market on Deliverance!

Boasting a massive 15 story wall, the marketplace is impossible to miss, we round a noticeboard with all the info at the site:

Welcome to Delish.

Most of the Deli people have heard me ranting and raving about surface mining, dirt, mortar, bricks... etc!... for months now. The project were intended to be completed in September - but issues cropped up and real life got in the way. (Pesky responsibilities, what are they good for anyway.)

But now, FINALLY, the deed is in the state I call "done for now". There are lots of little things that could still be done, like raising the ocean for more market stall space, or putting roofs on the buildings. The tasks are endless, and they will be worked on over time, but now has come the time to invite you all - the Wurmians - to come both sell and buy.

So, you may wonder, what's the deal with Delish? Why another marketplace?

It's simple. I placed the deed in a server corner (Specifically the South East corner, T23 on the in game map) on the smallest size map available for the simple reason of ease of travel with the border mechanics. The deed also have a major sign board, making it very hard to pass even remotely close to the deed and miss it. (Disclaimer; depends on your structure render distance.)

The theme is simply ease of access. That's what I believe almost all other markets lack currently - being either landlocked, or being on Xandu.

There were a huge amount of effort involved. I could not have done it by myself. So here is a list of people I have to thank for showing up and helping out:

• Mani
  • Odynn
  • Delightfuldee
  • Darmalus
  • Mrcoolman
  • Karidwen
  • Yaga
  • Xxxpoisonxxx
  • Epryss
  • Garfius

The market comes with a public Wagoner and a small magic chest which serves high quality food for free. There is a 99 power runed mailbox. And finally, we're connected to the Deliverance highway network!

Welcome, shoppers. Welcome, sellers.

Jberg (Owner)

That's it from us this week, and for the Valrei International of 2017! We'll be back next year with all the news and tidbits from Affliction to Xanadu, so look after yourself, don't stuff yourselfs on the julbord too much, and as always, keep on Wurming! 

horse.jpg

Image shamelessly stolen from Mclovin

Retrograde & the Wurm team. 

• Like 32

8 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Next patch
Over the next few updates into the new year we'll be looking at some long overdue quality of life updates, the first to come will be the addition of two new keybinds, PAVE and PAVE_CORNER.

Now that each pavement type uses different materials, we've been able to add keybinds to help those poor highway builders over the holidays! 
There's more in the works, but news on that will have to wait!

Great news but really there should be keybinds for all most all the in game actions.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

That's right, work has begun on implementing differences in wood types back into boats with the use of shaders, and that's not all, along with this will be the ability to dye specific parts of the boat!  

Excellent update and that's just amazing news. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the team and all Wurmians out there. I am so glad I came back :)

• Like 2

My kingdom for a discard keybind (everyone elses kingdoms too if you make it work while mounted and without needing to pick everything up o.o)

Good stuff overall though be nice to see those wood type changes come back in and maybe have dyes be more interesting :)

• Like 3

Please, tell me the dumps will be from after 13th december this time!

I really wish to see my highway (Glasshollow - Linton Highway, including around 15 bridges) make it to the map, it is finished now.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

with this will be the ability to dye specific parts of the boat! 

this sounds interesting, can't wait for it :)

The return of different wood textures for boats is welcome news and the part dyeing is even better.

• Like 1

The new map type is interesting, but as a map maker it would be very useful for me to have just the highways with a transparent background so I could use it as an overlay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

the ability to dye specific parts of the boat! 

Great idea ! *sticks his thumb in the air*

:-)

• Like 1

I am  in full agreement on the boats wood types about time. Not sure on the map for highway though:(. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Welcome to the last Valrei International of 2017!

Unfortunately you are just one number shy of an appropriate completion of this years VI series with #49. Perhaps next week a short note of congratulations to all Wurmanites for making it through another year would do nicely as Valrei International #50.

Anyway, great to have those pavement keybinds available soon and I would agree with Nadroj that a *discard* keybind is much needed as well. Not giving up anything for it though. All in all a great year of Wurm progress with my thanks to all Devs and Staff for making it so.

I will save my Merry Christmas and Happy New Year greetings for edition #50. If not, well....

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

4 hours ago, Nadroj said:

My kingdom for a discard keybind (everyone elses kingdoms too if you make it work while mounted and without needing to pick everything up o.o)

Good stuff overall though be nice to see those wood type changes come back in and maybe have dyes be more interesting :)

And a discard keybind that works on fragments

• Like 2

You can make that image a tapastry B)

I hope pmks can have the sail changed to its texture! 

Merry christmas to wurm staff 

Dye specific parts of boat makes is so much more custom and that i like =), good work on keeping game updated "Thumbs Up"

• Like 1

These all sound like positive changes, but please could the devs complete the half finished projects they are currently working on (I'm thinking particularly of animal crates) before adding new things? Adding new stuff, no matter how awesome that stuff is, will just make long awaited changes take even longer, if the devs are splitting their time between stuff that's been promised for ages and new things that have just been added to their workload.

Now that's what I call a SIGN! Geeeez haha! Well done on completing your deed!

Great news about paving keybinds and much love for brining back textures and being able to dye parts of your ship!!! I've always hated how dyeing boats caused the whole bloody thing to become dyed, making it look so fake. So this sounds promising!

• Like 1

Yay, it will be nice to have the different wood types back for the boats :3

• Like 2

Yay for Giant Words seen from a far and yay for wood types in boats and the dying options.. but like someones else had said please don't bite off more than you can chew its kind of insulting to offer future plans when current projects you've proposed are not near being finished.. you know how fickle us Wurmians are and how passionate we are about our game..now unto the lighter  side of life ... tha nks so much for a wonderful year overworked devs and many more to come and thanks to other Wurmians for putting up with me for another year and hopefully many more to ccome.. and thanks for all the good times it was a good year.,. and merry christmas to all .. to all a good new years.. over and out..

• Like 1

Hmmm all my boats are made from cedar ...

Other than that Merry Christmas for the team.

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Shiver me Timbers
A long long time ago, on a server far far away, each boat wood type had their own textures, from cedar to willow to olive (the best). This was all changed with the addition of new models such as ships and bulk storage, but that may soon change...

Reveal hidden contents

boat.png

To the untrained eye, this is a simple sailboat. But to the keenly honed eye, this is a sailboat with a different wood texture!

Yay. Too bad it's worthless with our current boat graphics re-do. Used to be proud of my fleet (Especially caravel), now it's awful to look at most of them, so texturing them won't help...

Too bad they didn't listen to us when we commented on how atrocious they looked after that 'update'...and then stuck with them anyway...I mean, I even snapped photos and uploaded them to show you what I meant. (Page 3, bottom) This thread was also 2+ years ago.

You want to see what I was proud of?

What we have now is something to be ashamed of...not trotted out as something to 'Ooo' and 'Ahhh' over.

Edited by Corsan
+ sign

8 hours ago, Attenia said:

These all sound like positive changes, but please could the devs complete the half finished projects they are currently working on (I'm thinking particularly of animal crates) before adding new things? 

In development it is common to have a roadmap that extends beyond what is currently being developed on. I work in web development, and I know my customers plans for up to 3 years into the future. If the customer requested a feature, then waited until that feature was done to plan for the next, and so on, then they would be doing a poor job. 

Also the devs can't all be working on the same thing, that wouldn't be very efficient either. I appreciate that they are announcing what they are working on or planning for in the next year, so please keep up the good work.

• Like 2

Happy Hoildays to the Dev team.I wish nothing but the best for you and your family's this holiday season and thank you so much for all of the New additions that you guys have added to make playing Wurm a very good experience for me.so keep up the good work and see. You all next year.be well and blessed