Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Wand of Life (New Cash Shop Item)

A simple item that comes with six charges at a cost of 30 silver.

The wand can be used to reverse an animal's age to any previous level (so if they are old, they can become young, adolescent or mature) at the cost of one charge.  The wand can be used on an animal corpse (if branded you would need inventory access permissions) to revive the dead animal at any age equal to or previous to its existing age at the cost of two charges.

If an enemy is in local for PvP, the wand will fail to function (and no charges will be used).

In essence, a wand to rejuvinate old animals, and revive beloved dead ones.  I can't see this impacting balance; it could revive three dead animals but it costs more than 3 new 5-speeds; it also allows folks to keep a six extra animals youthful at a high cost if they need the extra breeding security.  Overall, just solid QoL stuff.

• Like 2

though i can see the appeal in turning back ages for animals so to say, i feel like this should rather be something made with unique stuff rather then bought from the shop...

• Like 2

i think some cash shop items are ok, comes at a price. I think as always tho there should be a way to create in game, but have the option to buy it.

4 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

i think some cash shop items are ok, comes at a price. I think as always tho there should be a way to create in game, but have the option to buy it.

I generally agree with that sentiment, though there is some leeway for items that are buyable only if they do no provide a significant gameplay advantage. Ether already pointed out that you can still just get new animals, this wand would be for niche or convenience, so I don't see this particular item as a big problem even if it's not craftable.

• Like 1

That's true, although it might not be needed in this case, a shop where some items can be in game aswell as in shop will be cool. 

But maybe they should be on a trader aswell at the very least, so people who earn in game money can buy one with their earned cash, not from $.
Transmutation rods, rez stones, settlement forms, large magical chests are all purchased this way and the player has the choice to buy silver or work for it
so maybe not craftable, but able to be worked for outside of credit cart :D

Edited by Mclavin

A+ I approve of it. Thank you @Etherdrifter

I think this comes under the same sort of category as golden mirrors (a QoL staple) and should therefore be available in the same ways, i.e. through traders and through loyalty marks as well as from the shop. 

Like golden mirrors it's a big deal for a good many players.  I have known players to completely quit the game leaving everything behind because of the sudden death of beloved horse(s).  It's a serious issue for more players than we might think -  sentimental attachment to these fuzzy critters runs deeper than many of us probably openly admit.

Bump

Edited by Muse
  • Like 1

As someone who once got too attached to his riding horse, then lost it because a random spider ate it...would've loved to bring him back from the death.

30 Silvers? 60? 100? Would have paid that to bring ol' Waldosweet back. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, McGarnicle said:

Isn’t there a rune that does this now?

yes, by % how much exactly.. not exact science... you just spam ele fo runes on some ancient creature until you see a change, now with AH change you can see it's age at least and track the age changes

the game could use player/creature revive feature.. with limit.. 1 or few.. as to what that cost should be.. leaving that as <blank>

2 hours ago, Finnn said:

yes, by % how much exactly.. not exact science... you just spam ele fo runes on some ancient creature until you see a change, now with AH change you can see it's age at least and track the age changes

It says in chat how many months younger it gets every time you use the rune. I've seen 4 and 5.

There's a wiki page with some info about age, coupled with you seeing how many months younger it gets, I'd say it's not nearly as unknown/mysteriously hidden as you make it out to be.
https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Age

If it's worth using or not is a different matter and a different discussion entirely and is up to each individual player. The moment I get my hands on a 4dr+rare hell horse or two, then I'll start to use elec runes to keep them hitched.

Edited by Borstaskor

Seems like a decent idea. Making it a cash item is a good way of maximizing the chances that the devs would actually implement it.

Possibly just limited to the rejuvenation rather than resurrection though. The latter seems like more than twice as powerful as the former

I want the resurrect for killed-in-raid pets. I don't care how expensive they make it.