Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

[Travel Advisory] Mountain Pass

Attention hunters, merchants and travelers of The Great Plains. The Moutain Pass tunnel that connects the south of The Great Plains with the north and its highway is undergoing work. We are widening the tunnel from 1 wide to 2 wide to accomodate a protected highway.The highway will connect the south of Celebration with Tap Dance through the Misfits highway. We will also be fixing, reinforcing and decorating the tunnel to make it more attractive :)

DpLTlPA.jpg

For those of you who use the tunnel to cross, please note that the tunnel might be closed at times as we undergo road work. Reinforcements have required that we collapse entrances and sections of the tunnel to bypass these issues. Please use alternate routes when travelling. Ground travel can be done across the Northwest side of the mountain along its base, or through the Northwest side of the lake. Tunnel has been reopened and the north entrance has been moved several tiles to the west.

If you are interested in helping out with the project, we only need veins mined. You can mine them out at your leisure inside the tunnel while its accessible :)

We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you and we hope to have it sorted soon!

The JKC / TC Joint Road Crew.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 3

Its coming along very nicely. Wargasm did God's work with the entrance and I am sure he will with the exit too. The veins are being removed and we will use the Iron to make the lamps. Once we are done I will catseye the entire highway from the south to Tapdance.

If anyone has a request for waystones to be placed at an intersection en route, please let me know. I will try to leave waystones on any intersections I see so people can piggyback on the highway but I might skip some if they are too close.

I have to path of power toons if you want to lava and freeze some veins. 

Awesome work down there! Hope it's a smooth operation. With these new highways, I might even be able to leave my deed and not get lost. Well, unless I'm distracted by cookies or some such.

Last time Pandy got lost following a cookie crumb trail I left on accident.  Oh boy were those crunchy cookies delicious!

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Egard said:

I have to path of power toons if you want to lava and freeze some veins. 

NOW he mentions his PoP toons  *sigh*.  Don't need em now, but thanks...

Update: 

Tunnel has been reopened for use. At the moment there are no more planned collapses so there should be no need to close the tunnel again. However, construction has not finished and there are veins still in the way. The north entrance has been moved several tiles to the west and the old entrance is not connected to the tunnel any longer. Please use the new entrace for crossing.

My pretty misfits highways all through the steppes lol. I really need to spend time online and do more work around Misfits. If you need catseye stuff let me know. I have a few hundred eyeballs on deed. 

1 hour ago, luvable said:

My pretty misfits highways all through the steppes lol. I really need to spend time online and do more work around Misfits. If you need catseye stuff let me know. I have a few hundred eyeballs on deed. 

Well you won't need them.  I dropped cats eyes all the way up to the closest highway near us.  So we're both connected.  You just need to drop a waystone on deed and link yourself up.

• Like 1

The tunnel is open for travel again.  Construction is about 90% complete, and the entrances are finished.

@Wikid- the highway lines right up with your South gate, FYI.  :)

Thank you for your help, Wargasm. I will see what needs to be done when I log on tonight and get on it. Beautifying the entrances is on the plans, as is planting the catseyes. I already have the mats, just need to make them.

Soon the south and the north will be connected by highways!

Update.

The pass is nearly finished. There is one more vein to be removed and then the highway will be connected all the way to tapdance. Those south of the pass interested in linking up can do so. Like I said before the highway will go all the way to Tapdance, and waystones will be provided on notable intersections.