Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

How Far Wurm Has Come in Ten Years

I tried to see if I could find some Wurm videos that showcased the game around the time I started playing (2009).  I actually found some that were 10 years old; some funny and some that just make me thankful for all the hard work that has gone into Wurm to make it what it is today.  These videos brought back some memories and I thought I would share them with the current generation of Wurmians to showcase how far Wurm has come in the last 10 years.

But first, the humor:  

And for anyone who thinks Wurm graphics are garbage, just watch this and see what it used to be like:

Enjoy!

• Like 5

Thank you for sharing these videos.

The way that Wurm has evolved is truly incredible. We must of course thank Rolf and team for all the initial love, work and dedication that inspired most of us to play this amazing game. Special thanks must be paid to the 'new' team of developers and assistants who since Rolf took a back seat have stepped up a gear. The additions made during these last couple of years show talent, creativity, vision and a readiness to listen to us- the players.

A big thank-you to everyone involved.

• Like 1

Not very far, not far at all.

Name: Everyone: Lesson of Libila
Creator: System
Started: 12/13/17 6:34 PM
Progress: 1.1428572%
Expires: 12/20/17 6:34 PM

Difficulty: 7 / 7
Description: Libila commands you to sacrifice 700 decent needles.
Rewards: 20m sleep bonus for each participant upon completion of this mission as well as 5 karma per item with 210m extra sleep bonus split between participants upon completion (30m max each)

copper needles, so if you get a rare or better it is worthless

Man love the work that has been done in Wurm. Can't say enough about our Dev Team. Thanks for throw back...

I didn't watch the vids but I do remember the older graphics. I would agree that they have been vastly improved and are my favorite part of the Wurm experience. Just strolling through the Village and transformed landscapes, what a delight!

=Ayes=

I wish there was some way to use those legacy graphics; then I might be able to get wurm working on my netbook :P

• Like 1