Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Please Fix Animal AI

The new animal AI as employed on Epic is very frustrating.

1.  Animals roam the edges of pens and walls, and in the case of tall walls and pali walls/gates, their heads stick out so that anyone can know what animals lie beyond the locked gate.

2.  Animals roam and reside inside the sides of tiles (thus inside walls) so that it is impossible to see them, let alone lead them out to the open.  Had to cast Reveal Creature recently just to find a horse we thought was missing when it was just sitting in a wall.

3.  Sometimes when animals get stuck, one has to lead them from the opposite side of the wall they were stuck on because they literally slipped through.  If this happens on a locked house, one would not be able to lead them at all.

4.  They are still huddling in corners.  I recently found 5 horses on the same tile inside a pen of 8 tiles.

Please condense the area animals are allowed to roam in within a tile.  They are too close to the edges of the tile to prevent these issues.

• Like 4

Funny thing is.. it was changed, so animals wouldnt ball up in the one side/corner of the pen.. well, for me it is fixed.. the animals used to stand all south side of the pen.. now they are all north side.

• Like 1

Do you have pictures of this?

We've taken extensive steps to avoid it, if an animal hits a fence it turns around and takes several steps towards the center of the tile.

visuals help here because it's not happening in all cases, so the circumstances surrounding your instances will help

And here I was just now thinking how awesome it was that my animals can now roam free on the farm. So far I have not seen this since the changes.

I logged on tonight and 5 more horses in the same corner.  I will get screenshots for you, sir.

On ‎14‎.‎12‎.‎2017 at 3:00 AM, Retrograde said:

Do you have pictures of this?

We've taken extensive steps to avoid it, if an animal hits a fence it turns around and takes several steps towards the center of the tile.

visuals help here because it's not happening in all cases, so the circumstances surrounding your instances will help

https://imgur.com/a/sCAa6

I haven't noticed it with the sheep and hens (though the hens bounce around like they are in a pinball machine - I have a narrow pen) but the cows and bulls are still ignoring the fence boundaries and are hanging half way through the fence.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 2:11 PM, Eyesgood said:

they literally slipped through.

Sounds sort of quantum.

But ya, I liked how the animals used to, went put into a 1x2 pen, they used to mostly stand still, and never wandered to the edges... or bounced about erratically when I arrive to do grooming/ milking /shearing. I have not completely lost any animals in walls, but ya, don't prefer animals looking through my privacy walls.

• Like 1

I have a cart pen with a 2x1 building at the back and a 2x3 pen area attached. I have one horse and prior a bison that loved to go stand in the corner wall of the building. My other pens with no buildings attached seem fine. They are all wooden ones though. I can't comment on wall based pens recently, as I don't have any animals in those atm.