Sign in to follow this  
Fizziepop

Lag

Lag! It's been getting progressively worse for a couple of days now.

But it isn't normal.

I play with 3 characters logged in at once, and normally, if it was my internet lagging, the lag created would be across the board -- this is different. This is weird.

One (or two) of my characters will be working fine, and one (or two) will be locked up. Different characters lock up at different times, not always the same ones.

And I mean, totally locked up -- sometimes it says finishing, other times I click combine (I am making mortar since I can't do much else with this lag) and nothing happens at all. No chat progresses with this character. The combine button is dead, like it does nothing except light the dots up orange like it queued it properly..... But on my other character, Fizz, I see that she is creating the mortar, just that nothing is happening on her screen. I can have whole conversations with people with Fizz, chat moves np on Fizzs screen, but still nothing on the locked up char.

So when I see with Fizz that she has stopped creating, I flip back to her screen (which is still locked up), click combine again to queue up more actions, and still nothing happens -- except when I flip back to Fizz, I see she is creating mortar as she should be.

Not all of my characters are in the same area, though they are on the same server. It affects different characters at different times. The ones that do work will work slowly, intermittently, unpredictably.

I timed a lock up once, it was 5 minutes long. I can't take her out to collect frags today because of it, and I am 5 fragments away from creating my own eagle statue, without having bought any pieces!

I hope someone can help please, I need more frags to feed my newest obsession...... :)

Forgot to mention, when I lock up, in the crafting window, it says I'm eating a pizza, and in the event window, it says I'm making bricks as it should.... (yes, im making bricks with one character, and mortar with another). Also, I can apparently talk while locked up. It doesn't show up on my screen as having said anything -- like I'm lagged out -- but it shows in the chat on other screens... o,O

edit: Could it have anything to do with the rift spawning? It did lag someone else out too when that happened, started telling them to move slower...

Edited by Fizziepop

I too am having crazy weird lag since the last huge update to fix the lag.

This is painful, I play two chars normally, if I play one it lags and actions happen slowly, dragging something from one spot to another it freezes and the item is dropped in the wrong place, but if I play two it is crazy slow on both of them so bad I am giving up trying to use two :(

A friend shared this link with me, I did it and my lag is minimal now :wub:

https://www.wikihow.com/Increase-Java-Memory-in-Windows-7

Edited by VelvetSun

Although the java trick worked to lesson the lag the issue is still here, and if I play both my chars its painful and frustrating.

Thank you for addressing the crashing on game start, hoping you get the lag and crash issues, a very large portion of us are having and have been since you did the big update to fix the lag issue. :(