Sign in to follow this  
Corsan

Hitching Stake

I've seen numerous hitching POST threads in here, but I don't think I've ever seen a thread suggesting we make a stake that people can create off hand/out on the field that would be associated with the player.

What I'm suggesting is that we create a stake similar to the deed stake that can be created 'on the fly' (Assuming one has wood on hand) that when used would be 'tapped into the ground' (Activate hammer/mallet?) and allow you to tether animals with ropes to it (You should be carrying the ropes anyway..). It would be able to be pulled up only by said user who planted it/tapped it into the ground, and wouldn't be effected by deed permissions (So you could travel somewhere and plunk one in the ground and leave your animals there for a bit if you need to logoff quickly for RL stuff) ...all animals tied to it should remain off the deed control, localized to the stake like it was a tether (The server already does similar tethered to a spot stuff for uniques...where they always go back to a certain area...) so the deeds don't steal the user's animals while logged/deprive them of the ability to access their animal.

Now, to thwart people from just planting these and tying up all the local wildlife to it and causing a conundrum with the area, I would suggest that they have high decay rate/would only last a few RL days at most. That way you wouldn't have people just going through an area and snagging all the animals and plunking these in and leaving piles of animals in a spot to come back and kill them all/snag all of them. (Also should have a limit of say 2-4 animals per stake...as any more than that would probably pull a stake out anyway.)

When they decay, the ropes should drop in a pile(Or an even more realistic event would be that the rope gets stuck on the animal and people could find a rope from a animal later...but that may be harder to program), and the tether should break-the animals should be free again.

Thoughts? Additions? Subtractions?

I figure this would help with people who want to travel around, but don't want to deal with a cart/loading/unloading...and since we're about to have saddlebags...this would be a fine addition to going around on horseback.

• Like 1

Sounds like a cheap tent alternative, just for animals, and I don't have any issues with that.