Sign in to follow this  
Batta

Item Exchange

I'd love to see a mod that allows GMs to set up "item exchanges."  For example, right clicking an NPC Human and being able to have it take your yoke and give you some nails.  I haven't been able to get something like this to work with the mission ruler, though there are things that are close enough to make me hopeful that a mod could adapt it.

Here are the specific things I'd love to be able to allow players to exchange:

- yoke for 2 small nails

- any pelt for 5 cotton

- wooden fishing hook for 1 peg

- stone mine door for 5 stone bricks

- any fur for 10 wool

Basically, the things that players commonly create by accident, or that they end up with way too many of, exchanged for items that are almost always useful.

It would also be fun if the QL of the item received could be configurable to either match the item exchanged, be a set QL, or be a random QL.

Edited by Batta
  • Like 3

it's been a while, but i am still interested in this mod, if anyone has been working on it.. we use Ago's mod loader

This can definitely be achieved with the mission ruler.

Valiance and Kaylie.

10 hours ago, Wulfrock said:

This can definitely be achieved with the mission ruler.

Valiance and Kaylie.

There are many items that are not listed on the mission ruler, so can't be used as either the "give" or the "receive" item. That's why I was asking for this.  I'm not a coder, and I don't want to start messing around with code to achieve it.

Edited by Batta

Set up a turn in mission and choice a reward item, if it does not exist just pick something else. Go into your database and change the reward item to the item number you would like to use. I tried to do a simple reflection method to add more items to the mission ruler but it wont work. The list is created before server starts so a simple change is not going to work and its easy enough to do the above method that I did not pursue further. 

5 hours ago, Jerone0601 said:

Go into your database and change the reward item to the item number you would like to use.

This would be pretty much the definition of what I meant when I said "I don't want to start messing with code," lol.   I suppose almost every mod out there could also be achieved just by manipulating the data, but the point of a mod for me is to make it easy for non-coders...which is why I was asking for a mod.

Even a mod that works exactly the same way with the mission ruler, but just allows you to choose any item (and of course would have to work for non-Epic servers) would be great.

Edited by Batta

What items would be desired to be added to the mission ruler that does not already exist? I might be able to make a mod to do some of them.

45 minutes ago, Governor said:

What items would be desired to be added to the mission ruler that does not already exist? I might be able to make a mod to do some of them.

Well, as many as possible would be great, but these are the ones I had wanted to use:

Here are the specific things I'd love to be able to allow players to exchange:

- yoke for 2 small nails

- any pelt for 5 cotton

- wooden fishing hook for 1 peg

- stone mine door for 5 stone bricks

- any fur for 10 wool

Also keys would be useful as an exchange item.

Edited by Batta

When I get some free time, I can toss together something that will add those things. Might be a few weeks

• Like 2

i've been trying to do this as well, only to reward coins for specific items. like bricks for x amount of iron coins exct.. nails, boards, mostly building materials that people generally have in excess, a small way to keep the server clean, help players gain some coinage for the items.

• Like 1

Most items were already able to be used in missions.

• Like 1