Sign in to follow this  
Batta

NPC item exchange?

Is there a way to create a mission so that a player can somehow trade an item with an NPC?  For example, if the player gives the NPC a pelt, it will give back a coin.

I haven't figured out a way to get an NPC to take an item from a regular player, yet, or how to get it to give a coin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jukken said:

Yes you can.

It will require database manipulation though.

I see. Would you please describe what needs to be done?

Add a trigger with the item you want to use (say longsword) on the NPC. "Give" command.

Set the effect that you should get an acorn or something.

Open the wurmplayers database using sqlite and edit the triggereffect. Change the REWARDITEM to the item you want them to get (like 58 to get a twenty copper coin etc).

*Edit*

You should ofc change the triggereffect, not the trigger.

Edited by Jukken
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2017 at 0:08 AM, Jukken said:

Add a trigger with the item you want to use (say longsword) on the NPC. "Give" command.

Open the wurmplayers database using sqlite and edit the triggereffect. Change the REWARDITEM to the item you want them to get (like 58 to get a twenty copper coin etc).

*Edit*

Just to clarify, I assume that is the one in the "WurmServerLauncher", not the "WurmLauncher", right?

On 12/12/2017 at 9:08 PM, Jukken said:

*Edit*

I've run into a problem that maybe you can help me with?  I set up the mission on an NPC Human, exchanging a yoke for an iron ribbon.  I checked, and the exchange worked.

Then I shut down the server, opened the wurmplayers database, and changed the REWARDITEM as you mentioned, to make it small nails (218).  I saved the db changes, patched the changes with patcher.bat, and restarted the server.

When I got back in, the mission still showed up when I chose Manage missions, but the NPC Human was completely gone. I did a locatecreatures for her, and she is just not in the world anymore. I have to think it's something I did wrong, but I don't know where to search for my error.  

Edited by Batta

She has probably wandered off.

Look in the wurmcreatures.db database and search for her. Use the WurmID number to locate her.

9 hours ago, Jukken said:

She has probably wandered off.

Look in the wurmcreatures.db database and search for her. Use the WurmID number to locate her.

I found her (her name is Yoke for Nails) in the db, but when I input her WurmID into the GM Tool to locate her, it says "no creature found with that ID."  I had her in a locked enclosure, with no permissions to pass the gate. 

Edited by Batta

Then she is probably dead I'm afraid.

You need to remake the triggers.

1 minute ago, Jukken said:

Then she is probably dead I'm afraid.

You need to remake the triggers.

Oh!  I didn't realize that dead creatures still show up in the wurmplayers database!  

NPC´s can die? I have a lot of NPC´s in my trainingscamp for near 6 month

Eject

They can. Abit rare, but is happens.

I suggest locking them up.

41 minutes ago, Jukken said:

They can. Abit rare, but is happens.

I suggest locking them up.

Mine was young, and in a locked pen.

I don't think they can die from age, but can be killed by other creatures.

From my experience NPC will always disappear on server restart. Believe they are stored in player db but area always gone when reset happens. Not sure if summoning NPC with that exact name will make it that same NPC or not. It is one of the reasons I have not made any missions using NPC because they kept disappearing on me. I attempted modding in some NPCs but either get fall back that looks like a ghostly glitch or get models that I cannot do anything with equipment weise. Maybe I missed something when creating them but giving the custom ones armor or weapons would not allow rendering of the items. 

On 12/31/2017 at 5:14 PM, Jukken said:
6 hours ago, Jerone0601 said:

From my experience NPC will always disappear on server restart. Believe they are stored in player db but area always gone when reset happens. Not sure if summoning NPC with that exact name will make it that same NPC or not. It is one of the reasons I have not made any missions using NPC because they kept disappearing on me. I attempted modding in some NPCs but either get fall back that looks like a ghostly glitch or get models that I cannot do anything with equipment weise. Maybe I missed something when creating them but giving the custom ones armor or weapons would not allow rendering of the items. 

That definitely hasn't been my experience.  We have NPCs who have been around for almost a year.  It was only these two new ones that I altered in the database that disappeared, and I have no idea why.  But NPCs usually don't disappear on restart.

• Like 1

Weird I have always had them disappear. Also when we had the vampire mod running for a bit those NPCs would disappear each restart and Friya and I couldn't figure out why. I haven't tried in a long time so maybe I will try again soon and see what happens. 

My NPCs have been up for years, not a problem. One was however killed by a dragon (accidental blast by fire I think). Quite annoying.