Sign in to follow this  
Belfesar

Unidentified fragments crossing servers

This has been a difficult one to confirm but i think Unidentified fragments are resetting to Iron components when crossing server borders.

I have been at the stage of getting steel components from unidentified fragments for awhile and have only recently noticed that when i identify the fragments i have brought back with me from Indy to Exo they are all the default of either Iron or crude items. The last batch of 2.5k fragments i went through, Not a single component was steel.

In order to confirm this, I have gone back to Indy and i am investigating the same exact areas as last time but instead of crossing back to exo with them, I have been identifying them on Indy and i have been getting steel components again and this is from smaller batches of 100 fragments.

Edited by Belfesar

Can it be same bugg that named keys in inventory change name when crossing server ?

Cant confirm if this still happend since i allways travel with keys in a satchel on ship now

I've noticed recently an increasing number of old type archaeology fragments appearing upon cleaning, but wasn't sure why or how.

However for the past few days I spent time on independence gathering fragments there, I was working on the some of unidentified fragments while sailing back to Xanadu.

Once I had crossed servers into Xanadu waters, the unidentified fragments I revealed were the old type, the 'iron' tag on weapon and tool fragments and the armour fragments having no metal type and being blueish in colour rather than grey.

Obviously I don't know how this affects the Runes/Enchantments.

Archaeology skill 88 and 80 Restoration skill.

I believe this could be happening, with all the servers if crossing with unidentified fragments, will add more information if I confirm this.

Thanks for this, will follow it up. 

For any concerned, this does not affect the resulting material, just the fragment text 

• Like 1

Bump

Please note this ruins both alloy and moonmetal types.

Identify your fragments before crossing servers.

Edited by Hailiah

I would love that to being fixed aswell. Only reason that keeps me from archaeology on other islands 😃