Sign in to follow this  
Crackmore_

Pulling items by rope

Hi all, pretty new but wanted to get more involved with forum with an idea that has been on my mind for a few months already:

Allowing players to activate a rope to drag any item given they have the permissions to push/pull it, similar to hauling them up ladders.

While the main driving force behind the idea back when i got it was new players being completely dependent on village members or friends to get anything done involving loading/unloading, a situation that lasted ~3 months for me, focusing on body strength grind at times but being busy with all sorts of stuff like cooking and carpentry as well. What inspired me to actually get to forum with the idea is when i again found myself disappointing such a intuitive action wasn't a supported feature reworking my interior design at body strength 26 proving that it was in the end more than "just" some convenience presumable coming at lower BS requirement that i would have liked to make stuff easier on really new players back when i was that fresh. This is because loading/unloading is dependent vehicles, which are not good at subtle movement, especially the wagons needed for floor looms and filled bins, i'd much rather tie a rope and drag my looms, ovens, forges, ect. to their location then using move commands to nitpick on the very exact placement.

I'd say a body strength requirement for this would be fair, but not as high as actually being able to lift the items of the ground onto a cart/wagon/ship instead of just dragging them. 22 feels about right for me, decreasing the gap players have to cross before independently moving their furniture without spamming push commands, whilst still being somewhat comparable to the 23 for lifting such items onto vehicles.

• Like 1

Okay damn you text editor .... damn you all to heck!

To paraphrase myself from 4 and 1/2 years ago .... (yes i'm that bored at work)

A drag harness you put on an animal to allow you to drag items rather than using a rope seems, to me at least, a better option, plus more items for leatherworkers to make is always a good thing right?

On 3/13/2013 at 2:24 PM, Ratlin said:

Animal + harness + item = auto repeat pull .....

MAY be a simpler solution than adding a drag option to everything?

Edited by Ratlin
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ratlin said:

Okay damn you text editor .... damn you all to heck!

To paraphrase myself from 4 and 1/2 years ago .... (yes i'm that bored at work)

A drag harness you put on an animal to allow you to drag items rather than using a rope seems, to me at least, a better option, plus more items for leatherworkers to make is always a good thing right?

+1, like the spin on the idea, maybe both could be introduced with the horse harness removing need for body strength while pulling it by pure manpower would be desirable for places where horses can't go

19 hours ago, Crackmore_ said:

Allowing players to activate a rope to drag any item given they have the permissions to push/pull it, similar to hauling them up ladders.

+1 for this. Also, stamina use based on total weight of the item could be added (similar to dragging cart).

Think this one is a plus, as makes it easier (as highlighted by OP) to rearrange items in the settlement. The rearrange operation is a non-skill related task, so no much grinding concerns related with it.

Replacing something from "move->pull" repeat n times, to single "double-click rope->move->drag" is perfect.

• Like 1