Sign in to follow this  
DreDBanGeR

From Greymead to Rome

for the last month or so a lot of activity was going on somewhere between Greymead and Rome, as a mountain was climbed, carved and conquered, and a new road emerged. a highway that avoids all the clay on the coast, connect Greymead and Rome, and with that the rest of the highway system. 

first i heard of this was when Ajala posted some pictures in the highway protection post, and looking at those pictures i had a feeling i knew who was working on that.  so i hitched my horses to the cart and rode out, only to find the madness that is an angled road through a mountain i used to ride around. 

this road is now finished! 

the following people were the workers during the process : Tich, Keyos, Trooperau, Ajala, Mortommes, Cerber, and myself. 

its been a mad couple ofweeks, and from my own perspective, since i had to go back to deed from time to time .. everytime i returned more had happened, sometimes when i was on site the next day i logged on

the whole landscape had changed again over night.

since pictures tell a thousand words, i figured i will take those pictures, add even more words, and ride the damn road :D

for your viewing pleasure :

• Like 9

Awesome work and plus 1 on the video :)

Edited by Snarkin
  • Like 1

one small rectification on the video, the road connecting to rome is actually done all the way to the junction, not where i said it was.

This why is why crazies oughten't to be allowed on road projects, they might finish them. WELL DONE :D

realy nice job!  lets conect together also other spawns!

My involvement was rather minor compared to the terrific work carried out by the rest of the crew, but I appreciate the shout-out :)

5 hours ago, DreDBanGeR said:

one small rectification on the video, the road connecting to rome is actually done all the way to the junction, not where i said it was.

Tis true. That first section of three-tile road before the Y-junction I laid a few days ago. 

This is amazing work! I'm a bit embarrased that I failed to get my bridges finished along the clay shore, holding up highway progress along that route, but I've been off in RL adventures for a few months now.  Hoping I can get back and finish soon.

As for the new route, at first I was sad, seeing it cut right through my backyard playground, but after taking some time to go look it over, all I can do is admire the work that went into this.  It is this kind of team work that makes the game worth playing.

Thank you for preserving my back roads :):)

If it makes you feel any better, I've also catseyed all the way up to the incomplete clay bypass bridge now, which should cut down your need to lay eyes to connect to the highway if you choose to do so from the lake side.

Edited by Ajala

When I get time again, I'll get the bridge sections completed and then make a short connector up to the new highway behind my canal deed (DarqShadow).  I'm kind of excited to try out that highway and see how much time it cuts off my Greymead trips.

Thanks for all the builders i recently travelled in this new highway without knowing it was this new because im new to this side of the map :D amazing job!

• Like 1

Have traveled the old road more than once and can't wait to go check the new road out. Good video and awesome job Guys.