Sign in to follow this  
Horsch

returning to wurm and getting lots of issues...

Hello,

as the title says, i'm returning to wurm after not playing or updating the client in forever, and i'm experiencing all sorts of issues.

I just want to start off by saying I run windows 10, most up to date version. awesome parts so everything is very new.  I've played Wurm on this machine before, and had an older client.

it was 32 bit version of java, with all updates to wurm client, for today.

here is my story:

logged in just fine, area I log into is, not very populated with players or items i'm assuming. very basic area.

all default wurm client settings.

I get a village invite, I use the /vteleport to that deed, and BOOM, teleport there, and things start loading... and CRASH.

the client crashes but keeps java open and playing the sounds... no visual at all.. that part crashed.

I reload the client, relogin, same thing... CRASH.

I reload client, lower all graphic settings, relogin, its very heavy to load everything, but works, very choppy.  as i'm maneuvering through the deed via gates, houses, tunnels, all while being choppy and slow moving, CRASH, in the middle of going back into another tunnel hop.

I reload client, check settings, still the lowest, relogin, CRASH.

I assume at this point, it's JAVA, I go delete the 32 bit java folder but cant, cause a process is still running, so I end that process, then delete the folder. I download 64 bit, install it.

I reload the client, settings are all still the lowest, relogin, and it works just fine on 64 bit java.

I continue my way out the deed. I logout, change settings back to default for graphics, and relogin, game works just fine.

conclusion... 32 bit version java is broke for wurm.

Go to the 64 bit version of wurm if running on Windows 10. That's what I am using, same OS etc. You will need to download/install 64 bit java.

5 hours ago, Horsch said:

I assume at this point, it's JAVA, I go delete the 32 bit java folder but cant, cause a process is still running, so I end that process, then delete the folder. I download 64 bit, install it.

I reload the client, settings are all still the lowest, relogin, and it works just fine on 64 bit java.

I continue my way out the deed. I logout, change settings back to default for graphics, and relogin, game works just fine.

conclusion... 32 bit version java is broke for wurm.

he did that. He is running without crashes now on 64 bit, he is just reporting 32 bit java no longer works without crashing, which we pretty much I think all know.  

I am not even sure where to find the game's minimum system requirements anymore.

Assuming it is same as Wurm Unlimited, min reqs do not mention 64-bit but the other stats seem higher than I recall in the past:

Processor: 2.6 GHZ Intel Core 2 DUO or equivalent AMD CPU

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 4xx , Radeon HD 5xxx

Storage: 3000 MB available space

Additional Notes: Java Version 8

recommended system reqs  however does specify  Windows 10 x64

(I hope this does not mean they intend to eventually require Win10, as that might be the end of my own Wurming days   D: )

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

I have windows 10 and cant get the client to run as it doesnt recognize .jnlp files

1 hour ago, Ulrik said:

I have windows 10 and cant get the client to run as it doesnt recognize .jnlp files

You can associate them with javaws.exe .

It was a few updates ago they said java32 would no longer work.

4 hours ago, Cecci said:

It was a few updates ago they said java32 would no longer work.

Wurm still works with 32-bit Java on 32-bit systems, it's just sure to cause issues when used on 64-bit systems. If you don't mix the two, it'll work just fine.

• Like 1