Sign in to follow this  
Aegis55

Discussion: Is fatigue system here to force multi account usage

Hi there,

I open this thread for a few reasons:

* I'm bored after spending a lot of hours waiting for "Fatigue"

* I advertise for support on my suggestion "Fatigue Powder" so the poor slave i am is at least able to buy himself free from this system.

* I want to uncover what hours of thinking and researching about the fatigue system let me think.

So, ok here to the fatigue system, not everyone knows it.

Every character gets 1 hour of fatigue every 3 hours. Maximum to collect is 12 hours.

Fatigue runs out on fatigue-actions which is as far as i know everything except Fighting, Meditation and Cooking.

So most players not run into it, using multiple accounts solves the issue, if your into that kind of playing.

But that happens if your minded like me, play single character only and focus on a single goal:

Yesterday i ran out of fatigue at 1PM, to continue working on my goal i had to wait 6 hours at all. Nothing to do.

Today the same problem. Fatigue out around noon. Currently i'm at hour #5 waiting.

I contacted support, a GM showed up, told me he can't help me (as if the Devs implement fatigue without any means to interact with it)

and gave me the nice sidenote that this is not a support worthy-ticket.

Cause i know the GM's are only doing there jobs, I mimiced being satisified with at least gotten talked on.

So, now to all arguments i heard about the Fatigue - System:

1. Against botters. Ok beside the fact that botter can play multi-account  too i can't say much against. (My suggestion above is not viable for botters)

2. I hear often that Rolf stated something like "Its against players that have to much time to get advantage over others"

Here it's simple, its far more advantage to roll two characters, a regular one and a priest, if you want to get "Advantage" in Wurm, everyone knows that.

So if it would be the "Advantage", it would needed to be multi-account-spanning, and honestly, if they would develop that, they would kill there game.

3. The Health Issue: First, its up to everyone on himself to care for our health. We don't need devs or GM that care for that and they can't.

Same here, if its the health issue, it needed to be multi-account-spanning, cause no one would care if someone plays 20h a day over multiple accounts 

for several days (Or, come on honestly, you got such a playtime check in your database, i bet you haven't thought about yet, but surprise me)

So, for i had now 15 hours, just to think why my "Freedom to play this game as i want" is limited, here its my guess why the fatigue system is in place.

Its here to force players using multi-accounts. Simple: Not only more premium time needed, also more equipment and therefore more silver.

But believe me, if thats the reason, on the long run it will turn out more negative than positive.

Now thats what i wanna discuss about, am i right bout my guess, i'm i just blindfolded cause currently so angry. I got a whole hour left to discuss.

Sorry, i had too much time to think about, i'm sad and angry and this last two days were the worst experience I ever come across is my gaming experience.

I really like the game from the concept and somehow i wish spending still a lot of time in it, but restricting the freedom of play is a simple NO-GO for me.

I simply don't want to think all time in game: "Oh is the thing i'm doing is against the fascistic-fatigue system. Am I allowed to skill now or not."

And if the Devs or GMs are now offended, this is not only a Champion Troll Thread, its also begging for account ban. I could also go and sell to get back some of what I spent the last 5 weeks, but really, no money in this world can replace the sadness i feel cause fatigue ruins this game for me, just cause i want to play dedicated on specific goals.

Stage open, beat me, treat me, feed me :)

• Like 1

mh.. well I do see where you are coming from, but I don't think many people run into the fatigue limit that often to notice it as bad as you do.

Back when I flattened the mini mountain that now has become my deed I ran into this on 2-3 chars quite frequently as I had them all surface mine - when I brought this up on IRC I was told this is due the fact that surfacemining is a lot more faster actions and thus apparently can drain the timer faster.

At one point I even had a window pop up with some random question.... felt like a GM was checking if I was botting? idk.

However, I do not vouch for how accurate this information is or was.

Since I am done with my mountain I haven't hit the limit at all and I play quite a bit, though I do many different things and not only stand in one place (like with surfacemining) and spam actions non-stop.

Thats how I experienced the system so far anyhow.

I can agree that considering we pay a sub for our characters, we should be able to play them as we want to and don't need a big brother limiting our effective playtime.

If there is a family or friends who may even share a character they could also hit the limit if they tag team their playtime. ^^;

But as said, I think the amount of people that actually hit the limit on a regular basis to actually be annoyed by it is way to low so no one ever brought it up for real - worth a discussion for sure.

I don't see at all why it is still in place, maybe the devs care to elaborate on it at one point.

I played like 12 hours yesterday, and didn't manage to get my /fatigue below 11 hours. I played the same char.

I think the fatigue timer is there for a good reason, and if you play so much that it gets a problem, you will end up with serious health issues anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wulfgar said:

I played like 12 hours yesterday, and didn't manage to get my /fatigue below 11 hours. I played the same char.

I think the fatigue timer is there for a good reason, and if you play so much that it gets a problem, you will end up with serious health issues anyway.

mentioned above, then same rules for all: "Fatigue for multi-accounts"

4 minutes ago, Wulfgar said:

The thing is, if they wanted to prevent health issues with this the timer would need to be a LOT shorter. ;)

I am spending 95% of the day in front of my PC due work and this gaming "hobby" ... to get me to do the amount of workout per day I would need for a "healthy as the doctors reccomend" lifestyle... ah well... I am not sure I would do any sports even if I could only play 1h of Wurm per day, I would probably just quit Wurm at that point and find a different game that lets me play as much I want. :/

• Like 1

playing more then 12h together is not good for your head, eyes and legs

and another thing, my healh would end up bad too, if i choose to simply play another game. So doh.

• Like 1

And health, health according to the WHO is a state of "living where you have awarness of well-feeling".

So, according to all the times I remember i never had "Health" and i will never have it.

Perhaps there are more clever comments than the health apostels showing up without having a clue what

they are talking about. Cause everyone really should care for his own health, not for those of the others.

I'm just upset, cause i mentioned the health aspect already, and its not affected in any way by a single-account-fatigue.

Life is about the opportunities you have, and in my life, focusing my mind on a game is the best way to go.

Every other option i have would treat my health more worse than you guys can even imagine.

I'm not some stupid 16 year old kid that hasn't seen enough of live to know whats currently the best option for

me.

And if i would care for health, i would stop smoking, not stop gaming.

fatigue has nothing to do with health concerns, it is a anti-botting tool, a poorly implemented one at that, you would think it be more in there interest to catch the botters rather than just make them switch to another toon once they hit the fatigue

• Like 5

The only possible use of /fatigue I can actually see is to keep a group of folks from running 1 toon round the clock, that being said, wurm is a sandbox, and I'm not sure why that's a problem ?

• Like 2

I see one more use of the fatigue system, thats why i say a "fast" solution like simply dropping fatigue is not what i'm aiming at.

Its the spell "Wisdom of Vynora" which allows you to transfer 1 hour fatigue into 12 min sleepbonus.

From the idea, this is a great opportunity to give some extra sleepbonus to players that play less time than others.

But is it used. In the 5 weeks i'm here i haven't heard anything like that.

Reason in my opinion: People that play not  that much, have enough sleep-bonus.

A better solution would be a "small skill increase" for fatigue above 11 hours.

A solution for the problem, that i ran into a fatigue problem would be the above mentioned fatigue powder or a spell

contrary to "Widsom of Vynora"   ("Foolness of Magranon" perhaps)

I don't think there's an issue. Here are some previous threads discussing it.

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/146708-fatigue-system-needs-to-be-looked-at/

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/154122-fatigue-resting-option/

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/152893-fix-fatigue/

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/27481-have-you-ever-hit-the-fatigue-time/

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/22862-use-for-tables-relaxing-and-chatting/

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/20884-new-moneysink-items/

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/39344-fatigue-and-why-it-should-be-changed/

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/64228-fatigue/

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/60547-fatigue-reworking/
https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/65375-choose-favor-regen-or-sleep-bonus-when-sleeping-in-bed/

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/65341-you-might-be-spending-too-much-time-playing-wurm-if/

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/85350-running-out-of-fatigue/

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/83247-the-fatigue-system/

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/74108-how-do-people-run-out-of-fatigue/

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/77713-coffee-plants/

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/86380-karma-sorcery-changes/

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/96701-fatigue-timer/

Edited by cccdfern
bloody phone copy/paste
  • Like 1

If you read those threads and a few others, you would quickly discover that it is a minority who are affected by this.

Most people never even come close to capping.

The unhealthy thing is irrelevant, it was added to combat botting/macroing. Given the general lack of dev responses in these threads I'd say it very unlikely to change.

I know 3 people who can hit this cap easy enough, and then there play time is ruined for days following, I don't think it is a fair feature to have when you are paying to play the game and not be able to.

I don't grind hard myself, but once I did come close to this and was a few hours from capping out.

• Like 2

Idk. Dadd used hit the cap on a regular basis and so in order to keep grinding he'd hunt until he had fatigue again. Its not like you have to stop playing. 

• Like 2

I think all wurm players get fatigue from playing wurm and dev decissions.

Its worded diffefently on the forums but my warning time "fatigue timer" is 2 weeks before i can get more.

We have had so many of these threads. Devs had addressed fatigue issues already and very recently the fatigue got fixed to recover as intended. 

People want it removed. Devs do not. Those in power to change it do not want it changed. End of story. Lets move on.

• Like 2

Was the fatigue system introduced as a solution to an existing botting problem, or as a prevention measure? As the OP points out, all someone needs to do to circumvent the fatigue system is bot multiple accounts. Granted, it ought to slow down botting of a single account (though it won't stop it), but clearly it can also punish real players.

2 hours ago, Postinglels said:

Idk. Dadd used hit the cap on a regular basis and so in order to keep grinding he'd hunt until he had fatigue again. Its not like you have to stop playing. 

Sure you can hunt, but you can't repair your armor or weapons.

You guys act like saying “macro” is going to summon Lord Voldemort. 

I would suggest slowing down if you hit the fatigue limiter, not really sure how one could hit it seeing that I’ve only heard maybe a handful of people hitting it in my 10+year rodeo with this game. I’ve played with some pretty hardcore people and they never once hit it. Only way I ever heard it being hit was someone played for 36 hours straight making his deed and another guy doing it while macroing and let’s just say he was banished from the good guys club.

and to answer your question, no it’s not in place to make you pay prem on another account. And if it was take some of whatever your hitting the fatigue limiter with and sell it for silver to activate another account dawg.

Edited by Holar
keeping it real
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, cccdfern said:

If you read those threads and a few others, you would quickly discover that it is a minority who are affected by this.

Ya clever, I don't need to read those threads to discover only a minority is affected by this.

I am the god-damn minority.

And if people like you would learn reading, you would have already realized that from my last statement.

So ok its a "Minority-Problem only". So we simply close our eyes and tell the Minority to "Shut Up" or to change there

way to live. Thread can be closed, solution found. Thanks a lot for your understanding.

Know what, that kind of facism was it, that led me to a state of staying at home instead of going out there.

And now i should accept the same crap in a computer game, that i:

* Should change my playstyle/live so i fit the masses

* Keep my playstyle being forced to wait 8 hours a day for nothing

Free yourself from mental slavery

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Holar said:

You guys act like saying “macro” is going to summon Lord Voldemort.

That's probably because it's against game rules to even mention it and some of us have actually had warnings before from staff because of it. (Myself included.) Or had our posts magically removed/disappeared.

On to the thread :

I personally used to play overly much and I still never managed to hit this fatigue cap. Not sure how/what certain people do to achieve hitting it, but I've heard once it's hit, it can be a real PITA to deal with. Essentially after you hit it, the only way to recover is to go do something else for maybe a few RL days.

I'm not sure why they think something that hits actual p(l)aying gamers is an effective method of controlling something, but from the arguments that have been had over this topic it doesn't seem like it's going away any time soon. They seem to think it's an effective deterrent for something...

34 minutes ago, Corsan said:

That's probably because it's against game rules to even mention it and some of us have actually had warnings before from staff because of it. (Myself included.) Or had our posts magically removed/disappeared.

On to the thread :

I personally used to play overly much and I still never managed to hit this fatigue cap. Not sure how/what certain people do to achieve hitting it, but I've heard once it's hit, it can be a real PITA to deal with. Essentially after you hit it, the only way to recover is to go do something else for maybe a few RL days.

I'm not sure why they think something that hits actual p(l)aying gamers is an effective method of controlling something, but from the arguments that have been had over this topic it doesn't seem like it's going away any time soon. They seem to think it's an effective deterrent for something...

Because I’m referring to something that was implemented to stop/reduce macroing.