Sign in to follow this  
ClericGunem

Temporary (visual) duplication glitch

I reported this before posting here and was told to go ahead and post it. The items were i rare iron lamp (A), one rare copper lamp(B), a rare coffin (C) and normal coffin (D).

I am sitting on a wagon, the coffins are in the wagon

I took (key bind take) lamp A out of coffin C and dropped (key bind drop) it on the ground 

*lamp A still showing in coffin C

*lamp A is in front of me on floor 

I took (key bind take) lamp B out of coffin C and dropped (key bind drop) it on the ground 

*lamp B still showing in coffin C

*lamp B is in front of me on floor

I shift select all items in coffin C (including the ghost lamps A and C) and dragged to coffin D (i intended to unload the empty coffin where the lamps were dropped)

lamp A and lamp B disappear from in front of me and appear in coffin D 

*not repeatable at this time

I have seen the ghost items thing a few times much more often recently, but the key difference is that the items are always really in the spot they were placed, i.e. in this case they should have remained on ground in front of me, but they seemed to have been in two places at same time....what would have happened if i had not wanted to unload an empty coffin....  

nothing was actually duplicated, but the number of independent steps and indicators that the items exist twice such as my log showing the "you take a lamp" and "you drop a lamp", but then finally appearing in the coffin are suspiciously similar to common duplication glitches.