Sign in to follow this  
Darmalus

New Spell: Precise Mending

Precise Mending

Similar to Mend, a successful cast of the spell repairs exactly 1 damage but has zero QL loss. Failure causes 0.5 damage and cannot shatter.

Channeling required: 70

Favor required: 100

Intended for items that can be damaged but cannot be improved, not to replace normal repair and improving.

Edited by Darmalus

-1 for one thing wasting 100 favor for 1 damage would not exactly be viable, and if it was there would be no point to imp stuff bad idea

The basic idea seems to be a more advanced mending that removes damage without lowering QL. I'm not inherently opposed to that; it's magic we're talking about, after all. :)

3 hours ago, Gladiator said:

-1 for one thing wasting 100 favor for 1 damage would not exactly be viable, and if it was there would be no point to imp stuff bad idea

There would be a point to imp stuff, that point is to prevent from buying a priest alt and get higher skill to craft better things. It also isn't "wasting" if you have a large amount of favor and would like to preserve certain things.

Ex: Very high ql pottery, masks that get damaged in combat, staffs. +1

• Like 1

I'd send more dmg to my tools to make the favor needed for performing enough casts to get my item to zero dmg... 

I'd only allow it for items that can't be imped. Baked pottery items, pelts, whetstones, and maybe even raw resources like lumps. It might make imbues actually usable on "disposable' items like pelts.

For tools and what not, you can just imp it back up.

We already have a spell to fix items. Its intended to cause damage to still give people a reason to raise their repair skill and not put those who do not priest in a disadvantage. I do not think there is a need for this spell.