Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

Allow yanking herbs out of planter pots

Mistakenly planted something in a planter today, and realized I could find no way to undo it, not even with a trowel. Would be nice if there were a way to "unplant" something in a planter. :)

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

just make a new pot, big deal

Granted, making a new pot is really not the end of the world.  Agreed.  Still, I can't help but wonder is that your reaction just because you don't like the OP?  Or do you really think it's not a little something worth doing?

I'm looking at it kind of like the Yoke vs. Plank thing.  I've burned plenty of yokes when I just wanted planks.  Not a big deal, plenty of trees, but one of those little things that makes me curse the gods of WurmCode every time I'm dumb enough to forget.  Worth changing default away from yoke?  Meh.  One of those Wurm quirks that's kind of funny at this point, but wholly unnecessary.

I'd +1 if maybe the pot is a little damaged as a result of emptying it out.  Maybe in frustration of having planted the wrong thing, your toon slams the pot upside down and cracks it a bit...?

Along the same line, it'd be great if we could take an axe to yokes in violent meditation, imho, presumably insanity path.

you make no sense

but making a small mistake of planting the wrong flower in a pot is not a big deal

just make another pot, its a bit of clay and a few minutes in a forge

i tend 60 racks with 1800 pots, and would rather see a more worth while suggestion such as 1 click picking per rack, not some comment from a new player who had just made his one rack of pots and still managed to plant the wrong thing

Edited by JakeRivers

4 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

you make no sense

You make no sense.

I see no harm in the suggestion, so +1.

• Like 2

+1 No good reason why not. Imagine if the only way to empty a barrel was to drink the contents, or if the only way to remove an enchantment was to wait for it to fade naturally . . .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

would rather see a more worth while suggestion such as 1 click picking per rack...

I like this. My current way around it is to have three pots per herb type, so I can pick a whole rack in 10 keystrokes (since default queue size is 3, and the rack has 30 pots max, that means I can easily do 10 stacks of 3 pots).

Once I get to 40ML, I could theoretically do 6 stacks of 5 pots and reduce my keystrokes to 6 per rack, but I do like each rack having one stack of each herb type (I don't use spices much at this point, so I picked a random spice to fill out the 10th slot).

But yeah, one keystroke to pick a rack would be sweet. :)

Oh, and I suppose with 30ML, I could do 7 stacks of 4, with 1 2-pot stack, to reduce my keystrokes to 8 per rack, but I haven't gotten there yet. :P

Edited by Roccandil

9 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

I like this. My current way around it is to have three pots per herb type, so I can pick a whole rack in 10 keystrokes (since default queue size is 3, and the rack has 30 pots max, that means I can easily do 10 stacks of 3 pots).

Once I get to 40ML, I could theoretically do 6 stacks of 5 pots and reduce my keystrokes to 6 per rack, but I do like each rack having one stack of each herb type (I don't use spices much at this point, so I picked a random spice to fill out the 10th slot).

But yeah, one keystroke to pick a rack would be sweet. :)

Oh, and I suppose with 30ML, I could do 7 stacks of 4, with 1 2-pot stack, to reduce my keystrokes to 8 per rack, but I haven't gotten there yet. :P

Funny.  I usually just realize that if I don't want to tend to 1800 of something, I better not make 1800 of that thing.  I'm a genius though so, you know, I got that going for me.  Which is nice.

3 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

Funny.  I usually just realize that if I don't want to tend to 1800 of something, I better not make 1800 of that thing.  I'm a genius though so, you know, I got that going for me.  Which is nice.

Lessee, I'm tending 13 racks at 10 keystrokes a rack, so 130 keystrokes a night. Not too bad. :) But yeah, I don't think I'm going to expand operations any time soon. :P

Although, if I wanted to get fiddly with pot organization and reduce rack-keystrokes to 8 with my new ML30, that would only be 104 per night, so a nice savings, and I could add 3 more racks and still be doing fewer keystrokes than now. Hmm.

6 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

and soon you end up with 60 racks 8)

which has zero bearing on the original suggestion :lol:

Congratulations on the successful hijack, your problems are definitely more important than anything new players might have to say, but we nonetheless now return you to the original suggestion.

Turn a pot over, stuff falls out.  *mind blown*

• Like 1

This seems like a bit to much to ask for, I mean how often does people activate a plant and plant it in a planter by mistake?

• Like 1

-1 No need for that, seriously. By following this logic we should have "I made a wrong item, give me option to undo it and get back my shaft and plank!" or "I drank the wrong liquid, allow me to spit it back into container.".

Just toss that planter into trash and plant a new one.

I don't see whats wrong with being able to reuse a reusable item sooner than the game mechanic naturally allows. He's not suggesting you get the wrongly planted spice/herb back, just the planter. If you put bison milk in a barrel instead of sheep's milk you don't throw away the barrel. If you press a grape instead of a lemon, you don't throw away the fruit press. Just let us pull a plant out of planter. Not a big deal. Not a game breaking change, just a little thing to put planters in line with other containers.

• Like 4

+1

When getting towards the end of the harvest time for planter pots, there are always a few spare stragglers who refuse to become available for re planting. Would be nice to be able to scrape them empty.

This is good suggestion imo.