Sign in to follow this  
Delacroix

Allow us to plan / build diagonal fences, following along with tiles that had the "nearest corner" paved.

HUGE +1

Lack of diagonal fences is the big gap in current fencing system, refering to diagonal roads/paving.

• Like 1

It's a lovely idea but as i was just saying to Delacroix in discord:

don't know how that would function in reality tbh
diagonal paved tiles work because its only visual, as far as the code is concerned the whole tile is paved with one particular type of paving entirely
with a wall....you'd need to code in making collision detection work diagonally or block the whole tile.

Edit: That said the example in the picture above would work fine as there's no collision involved with curbs so perhaps a short term solution would be allowing the passable border fences to be made diagonally.
Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 2

After speaking in depth with Nadroj, I would like to further suggest that, if it is too much work to include the fences which have collision, you please add the fences that do not, e.g. curb, low hedges, woven fences, low rope fences.

• Like 1

+1

btw we have tree collision and this one is actually random on every tile, so making "one line" collision shouldn't be any harder (but I'm not a coder, can be wrong here).

• Like 2

Just now, Syirian said:

+1

btw we have tree collision and this one is actually random on every tile, so making "one line" collision shouldn't be any harder (but I'm not a coder, can be wrong here).

That....is a fair point i hadn't considered o.o

• Like 3

Diagonal fences would be simply awesome. Even if diagonal house walls are impossible, fences would rock. Or wood. Or rope.

...or hedge but personally I dislike them.

Also maybe...maybe that would open up the possibilities later for diagonal bridges?

• Like 1

You'd need a new model for each fence (a slightly longer one), otherwise +1; especially if this extends to hedges!

Don't see why its not possible , there is guard towers with diagonal walls .

However you can pass trough the guard tower , so that's were tree collision would have to come in.

Or is the guard tower considered a static item?

10 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Don't see why its not possible , there is guard towers with diagonal walls .

However you can pass trough the guard tower , so that's were tree collision would have to come in.

Or is the guard tower considered a static item?

Guard towers are just large items that can be rotated at any angle, doesn't really apply here.

Great suggestion Delacroix! Since soon after diagonal paving was introduced I had often found myself wishing for diagonal fencing and hedges. Since they would be from corner point to corner point of a tile it makes me think this might be possible to code. Who knows...

=Ayes=

I will always +1 when this idea comes up.  I think there should be a way to create diagonal borders.  Hey, they added borders to mines, so why not this?  First we get fences, then building walls.  THink of all the ugly zig zag fences that will be eliminated.  When I see them (I've had to make them too!) it feels a bit like I'm in minecraft.

i would love to see fences like mentioned above, what i would like to see more, is the ability to build diagonally instead of just squares, i know that would take alot to do, but surely there must be a way, that we can build other shapes, instead of just "boxes" just sayin

On 8/12/2017 at 5:05 PM, Syirian said:

+1

Tree collision is only for players. Diagonal fences that block mobs is never going to happen (in Wurm)

+1 

it needs diagonal Tile Borders, tho.

It is impossible, let's be happy for Tile Borders underground.

YES imagine the details that could be done with this! BIG +1