Sign in to follow this  
Retrograde

Valrei International. 048

Just now, Roccandil said:

I can see all my chat/skill/event logs, but I don't see any console logs. I don't see a setting for it, either.

It's few directories above the regular log one, should be a file called console.Username next to configs, packs and players folders.

8 minutes ago, Samool said:

It's few directories above the regular log one, should be a file called console.Username next to configs, packs and players folders.

Thanks. I put it here:

On 10/12/2017 at 5:16 AM, Araninke said:

bump up memory to 5120m

hi - Please can someone explain how to bump java memory up ?

Unfortunately I have also been experiencing numerous, repeated disconnects on the new version of the client. And also can't seem to stay logged in at the Impalong overnight without it inevitably being frozen when I return in the morning. This didn't use to be the case. I will see about posting console logs later this evening.

3 hours ago, Baloo said:

hi - Please can someone explain how to bump java memory up ?

Here you go Baloo (work in Windows 10 too): https://www.wikihow.com/Increase-Java-Memory-in-Windows-7

• Like 1

On 12/9/2017 at 0:40 AM, Butoxy said:

What where you expecting? magic saddle bags of anti-gravity?  They will have a use, just not the one you were hoping for.

Alright, explain to the class what use these will have that aren't already easily accomplished by existing means.

Go on, we're waiting.

Edited by Delacroix

55 minutes ago, Delacroix said:

Alright, explain to the class what use these will have that aren't already easily accomplished by existing means.

Go on, we're waiting.

Presumably I can lead horses with saddlebags from a non-encumbered 5s horse? That could be a pretty fast way to transport some extra stuff.

Edited by Roccandil
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Presumably I can lead horses with saddlebags from a non-encumbered 5s horse? That could be a pretty fast way to transport some extra stuff.

If we're going out of our way to bypass mechanics, it's less effort, faster and easily transports more to simply use a hellcart.

Leading animals is a pain in the ass, especially with how prone they are to get stuck on random buildings.

2 hours ago, Baloo said:

Thanks, Araninke, but my pc runs on Linux not windows.  Do you have a link for Linux ?

Afraid not. I'm not familiar with Linux so wouldn't know how to go about doing it. Perhaps a Google search would turn up info you could follow. Hope you get sorted!

15 hours ago, Delacroix said:

If we're going out of our way to bypass mechanics, it's less effort, faster and easily transports more to simply use a hellcart.

Leading animals is a pain in the ass, especially with how prone they are to get stuck on random buildings.

Bypassing mechanics? That's just what the game does; led animals matching your speed -is- the mechanic. :P (I'm not inherently opposed to that changing, but I haven't seen any hint of that coming.)

At any rate, not everyone has access to hellcarts, and while yeah, led animals get stuck, I've gotten adept enough at waiting at corners or overshooting them before turning to make it work, and generally that situation is only on deeds and not in the wild.

(That's not to say I don't want devs to fix led animals. I feel like they should at least bounce off corners or "slide" along colliders, and never stop following. I also wish I could lead an animal into a single-tile pen. :( )

2 hours ago, Roccandil said:

Bypassing mechanics? That's just what the game does; led animals matching your speed -is- the mechanic. :P (I'm not inherently opposed to that changing, but I haven't seen any hint of that coming.)

At any rate, not everyone has access to hellcarts, and while yeah, led animals get stuck, I've gotten adept enough at waiting at corners or overshooting them before turning to make it work, and generally that situation is only on deeds and not in the wild.

(That's not to say I don't want devs to fix led animals. I feel like they should at least bounce off corners or "slide" along colliders, and never stop following. I also wish I could lead an animal into a single-tile pen. :( )

Animals slowing down due to weight is a mechanic. Led animals not, despite carrying huge amounts, is bypassing said mechanic. One could argue that led animals matching your speed in all situations is an oversight.

19 hours ago, Baloo said:

Thanks, Araninke, but my pc runs on Linux not windows.  Do you have a link for Linux ?

Baloo, on Linux almost all the steps are the same, but start with:

1. open a terminal window (on Ubuntu is is ctrl-alt-T)

2. type javaws -viewer

The rest is the same as in the Windows tutorial

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Delacroix said:

Animals slowing down due to weight is a mechanic. Led animals not, despite carrying huge amounts, is bypassing said mechanic. One could argue that led animals matching your speed in all situations is an oversight.

If that needs to be fixed, so be it, but it's a pre-existing accepted situation, and it means saddlebags can be useful. :P

On 12/12/2017 at 8:51 PM, Jaz said:

Baloo, on Linux almost all the steps are the same, but start with:

1. open a terminal window (on Ubuntu is is ctrl-alt-T)

2. type javaws -viewer

The rest is the same as in the Windows tutorial

Thanks, Jaz, will have my cub look into it, when he is not too stressed out from his IT job B)