Sign in to follow this  
SmackedDown

[Fixed] Generic Mission issues on freedom

I am thinking this is an issue / bug however I was told it could just be planned that way.

Name: Everyone: Journey in honour of Fo
Creator: System
Started: 12/4/17 12:48 PM
Progress: 1.0%
Expires: 12/11/17 12:48 PM

Difficulty: 2 / 7
Description: Fo wants  2 of you to bring and give sheets to old Avatar of Fo. Old Avatar of Fo was last seen near Bloodbayhorse Paddocks in the southeast regions.
Rewards: 100 karma and 20m sleep bonus for each participant upon completion of this mission as well as 500 karma per item with 40m extra sleep bonus split between participants upon completion (30m max each)

It does not state what the sheets should be made of, cotton, wool, copper, iron, steel. for a low level mission should it not state the type of material? I did attempt with cotton and 1 copper sheet no option to give to Fo Avatar only examine, look, feed, attack, emote...

A number of generic create missions were more defined with the 1.3 patch update last year:  

• Mission Bugfix: Various generic create missions have been more clearly defined.

I'll start a new list beginning with your example to see if they can be cleaned up or if some are intentionally left vague.

Thanks for your details.

PS:  I hope you don't mind that I changed your title to add the generic to it so that hopefully just this type of mission issue is reported here.

if that is the case i recall not to long ago to sacrifice a ball, that can be made from so many different metals

Make missions more specific when it asks for you to use a certain item for a ritual.

For example a mission that asks for you to perform a ritual using a shield, you end up having to bring every single type of shield to try until you figure out which type it is.  The other day we had one of these and it turned out to be medium wooden.

Another mission said to do a ritual with nails.  We brought large and small, and it turned out to be small.

Another mission just now said to perform a ritual with sheets.

We tried Cotton sheets, Lead sheets, Iron sheets, Steel sheets, Gold sheets, Silver sheets, Copper sheets, Paper sheets, Papyrus sheets, and none of these worked.

Please change the mission descriptions for missions that require items for rituals to be more specific, and state what kind and material of item needs to be used.

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 7

More of a bug than anything else, moving to bugs section.

• Like 1

Time to resurrect this.  We got a mission on Xan for needles.  Did not specify the metal.  Seems like it is a moonmetal.  I don't agree with that being part of a mission to begin with but it would be nice if it had specified what metal to be used.  Especially now that it can be any type under the sun for every item.

54 minutes ago, Pashka said:

Time to resurrect this.  We got a mission on Xan for needles.  Did not specify the metal.  Seems like it is a moonmetal.  I don't agree with that being part of a mission to begin with but it would be nice if it had specified what metal to be used.  Especially now that it can be any type under the sun for every item.

Generally metal type doesn't matter until a situation where metal type makes a different item, like gold mine door vs steel mine door, or probably in this case, normal needle (made of any metal type) vs the older copper needle that for whatever reason was a different item

Well, a group of us tried each of the basic metals types, plus brass, bronze and steel, and none of them work for the current needles mission on Xanadu. So, either metal does matter, or the mission is bugged in some way...

Name: Everyone: Mysterious Folly to Fo
Started: 27/06/18 08:22
Expires: 04/07/18 08:22

Difficulty: 3 / 7
Description: Fo requires you to sacrifice 225 decent needles.
Rewards: 20m sleep bonus for each participant upon completion of this mission as well as 6 karma per item with 90m extra sleep bonus split between participants upon completion (30m max each)

22 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Are you sure the needles were sufficient quality?

Yes - all those involved know the required quality for items to be considered to be decent.

On 6/28/2018 at 1:26 AM, Wulfmaer said:

Well, a group of us tried each of the basic metals types, plus brass, bronze and steel, and none of them work for the current needles mission on Xanadu. So, either metal does matter, or the mission is bugged in some way...

Rewards: 20m sleep bonus for each participant upon completion of this mission as well as 6 karma per item with 90m extra sleep bonus split between participants upon completion (30m max each)

I'll add this as a separate bug as well.  Not only can it be of lots of metals, but it may not work at all.  Will see if I can find out.

On 6/28/2018 at 1:26 AM, Wulfmaer said:

Mission reset on Xanadu and needles will be removed from the mission item list next update.

needles don't need to be removed.  Just need to add what metal to do things with.