Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Herrfritz

PC Chars

13 posts in this topic

Pricecheck on two toons. I am not sure if i want to sell atm, but would like to have some means about what they would be worth.

 

1st one: Priest, Vyn, PoK (50ish skill thing), decent farming(95++) and channeling (88+)

https://niarja.com/skill_compare/Wega

 

2nd: Friztefratz, allrounder, some decent skills, some more decent. Pok (80ish skill thing)

https://niarja.com/skill_compare/Herrfritz

Edited by Herrfritz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

your links are bugged. Wega's link is showing as Herrfritz. Strange.

 

Regardless, I'm going to try my best at giving you a price check.

 

Herrfritz: This Character is eye candy. When you initially open it, you see a lot of reds and yellows that make it look like a top notch, endgame account. It has a plethora of skills that make it look impressive. However, upon close examination, it turns out most of its skills (the bulk of them) are around the 50~ range, making them starter level skills. Don't get me wrong, its still impressive, and an excellent character, but it drops the price dramatically from what it would normally be expected of a character of this STP. The top skills include Fine Carpentry, Pottery, Bowyery, Digging and Mining. Two of these are grinding skills who have nearly no value (as their value is represented by the body stats instead as its what its used to grind it) and the rest are comfort skills (skills that make life easier but not particularily money making skills). Deed making skills are also excellent, but these are also of not much value when pricing a character. Cloth Tailoring and Leatherworking are excellent money makers, which increase the value of this account.

 

Chararcter has excellent meditation (80+) which is nothing to balk at, granting this account a solid price bump, but its not path of Insanity, limiting the buyer to be forced to restart a path if they choose to change it. It has excellent body stats (over 60) and its overall excellent. On the PVP side of things, however, it doesnt fare well. It has a lot of grinding to go, with most skills at the 70~ range, with one here and there at the 80+. Archery requires a lot of Grinding, and so does Taming, which is still subpar for hell horses. It does have coalmaking and metallurgy, which are hard to grind skills, and locksmithing as well.

 

Starter Crafter bordering into intermediate, intermediate PVPer. Jack of All Trades. I give him a Price Check of 375-425 Euros.

 

Wega: Not much to price check here. Basic Vyn priest, 88 channeling, 100 faith. It has good meditation, can make its own favor and chop its own veggies. Self sufficient priest account. However, low husbandry and not much else on the deed support side of things. Not much grinding pending, however. Great account. 

 

Excellent Priest. Right where it should be. I give him a price check of 175 Euros.

 

This is my best estimate given the current market and my experience pricing accounts. Others may differ so take it with a grain of salt.

 

Edited by Angelklaine
Revised PC due to current trends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Genuine question: has the market in accounts really dropped by that much that quickly?

 

Only 6 months ago Odynn was widely priced at €2,000+. Granted, that account is better than Herrfritz on many counts, but it's also worse in a few areas, and by no means does the net difference seem to warrant so great a difference in pricing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gwyn said:

Genuine question: has the market in accounts really dropped by that much that quickly?

 

Only 6 months ago Odynn was widely priced at €2,000+. Granted, that account is better than Herrfritz on many counts, but it's also worse in a few areas, and by no means does the net difference seem to warrant so great a difference in pricing.

 

 

Yes and no. The market is slow at the moment, but i think what Angle meant is that Herrfritz lacks the smithing skills (most common crafting skills to actually make money and so on). But both niarjas side to side and watch thru the middle column. Mainly smithing. WS, SS, PAS, CAS, JS. Odynn has all above 90 while Herrfritz has 50s. 50s are nothing atm, they are a starter skill in something. Now add the fact that Odynn has all the supportive skills, high pvp skills and many other (which Herrfritz has a few) and you have the price difference. Ofc add 80 vs 90 meditating. Odynn has one of the topest accounts comparble to the bests where the price is basically the size of the biggest topdog. Althought 2k+ is maybe a little overated as afaik Dadd went for that much on a better market.  So all in all you are comparing 2 very very different accounts.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Odynn probably has 1.75x to double the playtime that herr has, looking at the characteristics. He has 98 weaponsmithing ( a 90 weaponsmithing account can go for over a hundred just by itself) and 90 in nearly every single crafting skill you'd want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Wulfgarr said:

But both niarjas side to side and watch thru the middle column. Mainly smithing. WS, SS, PAS, CAS, JS. Odynn has all above 90 while Herrfritz has 50s.

 

Sure, but then look at carpentry skills and Herrfritz exceeds in FC, Ship-building, Toy-making (*shrug*) and Bowyery, not to mention Cloth Tailoring and Pottery. He also has slightly higher harvesting skills across the board and especially in Wood-cutting. There's no argument that Odynn is the better smith and better overall account by far, but I'm still not seeing a 4-6x price differential between the two accounts. More like 1.5-2x. What that means in terms of absolute prices is something I can't really comment on though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gwyn said:

 

Sure, but then look at carpentry skills and Herrfritz exceeds in FC, Ship-building, Toy-making (*shrug*) and Bowyery, not to mention Cloth Tailoring and Pottery. He also has slightly higher harvesting skills across the board and especially in Wood-cutting. There's no argument that Odynn is the better smith and better overall account by far, but I'm still not seeing a 4-6x price differential between the two accounts. More like 1.5-2x. What that means in terms of absolute prices is something I can't really comment on though.

well in the end of the day the price comes down to what someone is willing to pay for it. Just the reality is that all the smithing skills are much more usefull then carpentry skills. Sure FC is nice and so is Ship building, but Toymaking and bowery is pretty useless. CT and Pottery are not useless but very low in demand and low in usages. With potions and runes mining/WC and digging are mainly grinded for body stats. WS and channeling are the big price breakers.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Price is very figurative. Egard couldnt sell Carnick for the life of him and ended up selling it to Sticker for 90. Sticker sold it forward shortly after for 160 if I remember correctly.

 

Buy my point of reference is Gomeo. Gomeo is arguably a better account and is selling atm for 420e. The reason why there is so much deviation on price is because like Wulfgar said, it all depends what someone is willing to pay for it. Herrfritz can choose to sell his account for 1,500e if he wants, and he might get lucky and get some sucker to pay that much for it, but that doesnt mean is what the account is worth. Fine Carpentry is not the same value wise as say, platesmithing, and the market value of the skill is considered on my price checks.

 

For the past year I have followed every single account there has been on the forums and I consider myself right on the money on pricing. People may disagree, but if you want a fair price check of where the fair market value is, I always post the reasons as to why I value as I do.

 

In the end the actual sales price for any price check I give varies between what the seller is willing to accept and what the buyer is willing to pay. But just because someone overpaid for their account it doesnt mean everyone else has to. Pricing is valued on what the account is marketable for, not what the seller paid for it or what others paid for theirs.

Edited by Angelklaine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Buy my point of reference is Gomeo. Gomeo is arguably a better account and is selling atm for 420e.

 

Just had a look at Niarja, and unless the skill dump is way out of date it seems a huge stretch to say that Gomeo is a better account, apart from having 90 PS, Shield-Smithing and a bunch of affinities. Skills are far lower or on a similar par in almost every other area (Meditation 46!) – plus it's an Epic character, meaning all those skills will be reduced on transfer to Freedom and need grinding to be brought back up to play where most people play. Herrfritz, on the other hand, can transfer to Epic with (his overall much higher) skill levels perfectly intact.

 

The main problem with pricing accounts, in my opinion, is the lack of transparency. Most players will only buy or sell an account once if at all, meaning very few people actually know what is selling at what prices. All someone who's never traded accounts (like me) can do is observe the PCs and call out inconsistencies when they seem to crop up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gwyn said:

 

Just had a look at Niarja, and unless the skill dump is way out of date it seems a huge stretch to say that Gomeo is a better account, apart from having 90 PS, Shield-Smithing and a bunch of affinities. Skills are far lower or on a similar par in almost every other area (Meditation 46!) – plus it's an Epic character, meaning all those skills will be reduced on transfer to Freedom and need grinding to be brought back up to play where most people play. Herrfritz, on the other hand, can transfer to Epic with (his overall much higher) skill levels perfectly intact.

 

The main problem with pricing accounts, in my opinion, is the lack of transparency. Most players will only buy or sell an account once if at all, meaning very few people actually know what is selling at what prices. All someone who's never traded accounts (like me) can do is observe the PCs and call out inconsistencies when they seem to crop up.

Yes and thats why I priced this account at about the same ballpark. The meditation makes the whole difference. However Gomeo has better both pvp skills and market skills, which increases its value. It has weaponsmithing, which offsets meditation, and many other skills I could list. Yet it has lower meditation, making this account worth a similar price.

 

Regardless, this is a ball park estimate. Normally a seller would start higher, and adjust prices with buyer from there. Plus Gomeo hasnt sold yet, but I dont see it reaching the 500 mark, if the mentioned values are accurate 

 

I could also be wrong as anyone giving a price check could be. But he asked for a PC and I am giving one out to the best of my ability, while pointing out why I priced the way I did.

Edited by Angelklaine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like angel is right. Maybe a touch low to the right buyer, though.

 

ive bought many big named accounts (Redhawk, Redeemed, Debit, Darkmalice, Vandle, Zarame..) but all for majorly different prices based on their skills, med Path, and valrei items used.

 

carp skills are the easiest difficulty skills to raise (comparable to blacksmithing, armoursmithing sub skills, and leatherworking) Which is the main thing this account brings to the table.  Is it good to have? Hell yeah.  But it doesn’t take anywhere near the time as a good weaponsmithing/overal smithing character. And sadly, none of the sub-carp skills are extremely required. (Very useful and good to have, but at the end of the day, you’ll need smithing even more)

 

 

its a great account imo. Just due to how medium-high everything is. But if it’s 90’s were in smithing instead, it would be a lot more.

 

with that said, If you believe it is worth more to someone (if it’s worth more to you - it may be to someone else too!) try to get what you want for it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the honest PC Angelklaine - and ofc thanks a bunch for derailing to everybody else. ;)

 

Edited by Herrfritz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it was a good discussion. I get a lot of critique on my PCs but its always welcomed. Dont sell your accounts. Continue grinding and playing them. They have a great base and with a little more effort you can multiply their value.

 

Unless... of course. You want to sell that Vyn to me. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0