Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

[19:49:47] You feel the last of your sleep bonus run out.

15 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Missions are aimed at being participated by everyone on the server, not spammed out by a few individuals.

Group participation is one of the weak points of the game, so I sort of shake my head at your statement here. I have never done any missions nor do I intend to. From what responses that I read here the "reward" for participating in them is sleep bonus, which appeals to the skill grinder mentality, which further limits participation due to the fact that a lot of players don't care much about gaining *extra* sleep bonus, especially when they have to take their time away from other things they would rather be doing in game to complete missions.

Basically missions are just another thing to do within the game and I seriously doubt that other than a small percentage of players will ever be interested in participating in them. Perhaps your design of them should keep this in mind.

=Ayes=

@Budda

@Retrograde

Name: Everyone: Heavy mystery for Magranon
Creator: System
Started: 12/5/17 4:40 PM
Progress: 43.857056%
Expires: 12/12/17 4:40 PM

Difficulty: 7 / 7
Description: Magranon commands you to sacrifice 700 decent clay shapers.
Rewards: 20m sleep bonus for each participant upon completion of this mission as well as 5 karma per item with 210m extra sleep bonus split between participants upon completion (30m max each)

There is zero incentive for people to make more than one item and sacrifice it as they will benefit the same regardless they don't even care if the mission finish's.

So it will be up to just a few individuals to crank out the rest of the items if they want the mission to succeed.

Where is the logic in that?

The 210m extra bonus should scale to level of participation and not some hard cap or just bring the numbers down.

For the record, even with a creation ql of 27.4 on a clay shaper it still takes nearly 1 hour to make 100.

Some of us love karma.  The last few missions I have participated in have seemed like we got a good bit of both sleep and karma.  Looking at the mission above.  You get 20 minutes even if all you do is one shaper.  Then 210 minutes is split between everyone that gives some.  That one has so many items it would make it tough for you to end up with 10 minutes out of the extra 210 minutes.  As it stands now, (at least with some of the easier missions)  you can end up with more than the 30 min of sleep bonus that you used to get per mission.  If only we had more than 3 missions to pick from so a super hard one could be left sitting and noone would care.

56 minutes ago, Pashka said:

If only we had more than 3 missions to pick from so a super hard one could be left sitting and noone would care.

Well with the 4 day expiry timer on unfinished missions you can quite easily end up with 3 super hards lined up in a row, with nothing to do for the next 4 days.

I haven't seen one that wasn't finished expire in 4 days.  I know there was like a 33% threshold or something but right now just for instance.  On Xanadu, there is a mission that spawned on the 30th with the expiration on the 7th.  It is 13.5% done.  Will expire tonight.  So they are not disappearing.  That is just one that is showing presently.  So there are several things that Budda needs to check out with missions.

2500 karma good reward

40 minutes sb, poor reward for the time

not a single rare role in making 500 of those things, 8(

xfEtScx.jpg?1

A lot of people don't even do missions when they have the time to play, so making it harder those individuals who do religiously seems odd. I think a overhaul for this game-mode should be considered even. Some people do them but most don't.

On 12/7/2017 at 4:24 AM, Retrograde said:

difficult at high levels

I'm going to throw my 2copper in and say that there is absolutely nothing hard about saccing 500 shapers. It's just boring AF. Tedium != Difficulty.

• Like 2