Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

[19:49:47] You feel the last of your sleep bonus run out.

[19:49:47] You feel the last of your sleep bonus run out.

Currently there is no missions that are feasible to complete (700 sleves/500 shapers sacrifice) or possible to complete (slay 22 champ trolls (quite a few of the trolls are penned)) on Exodus.

The turn over rate on these missions is silly, and leaves one with nothing to do to make up for a bit of sleep bonus.

I could spend several hours making sleeves and shapers, 5-8? as that is what it would take for these to be done. Sure if more people were making them it could work out but this is freedom and most look at those goals and say fark that.

These missions must be brought in line with the amount of active players on a server (seems to be getting smaller every day) and the expiry date shortened on ones that fail to meet the 33% completion level.

The biggest problem with the newest changes are that there is not enough missions to choose from, so 3 difficult ones tie up the slots for half a week.

If no one has attempted a mission after 2 days it should just be gone.

I know you tailored these for the kingdoms on epic but I can't imagine any kingdom enjoying having to sit there imping up clay shapers to sacrifice for hours on end.

With your nerf of missions you took away a activity that was enjoyed on freedom, I think you guys need to get your act together and start making changes that actually make people want to play wurm again, or you just as well close the door on the game.

• Like 2

They expire 12 hours longer than they did before, and give larger sleep bonus rewards

Missions are aimed at being participated by everyone on the server, not spammed out by a few individuals. 

If they're too hard, when the missions reroll they will be of lower difficulties. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

They expire 12 hours longer than they did before, and give larger sleep bonus rewards

Missions are aimed at being participated by everyone on the server, not spammed out by a few individuals. 

If they're too hard, when the missions reroll they will be of lower difficulties. 

when there is no one playing on the server, they will not be completed

so 4 days for one to expire when there is no more than 3 missions up at a time? not cool

one would think you would want a more active player base it is what pays the bills after all

Edited by JakeRivers

Mission completion and failure rates are also being monitored, but these missions ARE designed to be difficult at high levels.

On Exodus you have a 5/7, 6/7 and 7/7 difficulty (champ trolls, cloth sleeves, and clay shapers respectively) so they are designed to take time to complete.

You're pointing out that if you spent 5-8 hours focusing on them you could finish 2/3, but if that's split across a dozen players that becomes 30 or so minutes to do a large chunk of two missions. 

The community working together to complete these missions is the goal, if they're not doing so due to the high difficulty missions being too big then we can look at adjusting that in some fashion, but they are designed to take time and investment to accomplish. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

but if that's split across a dozen players

you should look at your population graphs or charts or what have you and do a head count on the servers, and then remove the alts from those figures and remove the folks who never bother with missions and then look at the skills required and then think how many people are around that may want to grind out that many 30ql clay shapers

The new missions are nuts.  The old missions worked just fine - why "fix" the missions when they weren't broken?

There are far too few actual players who do missions on Exodus to make 300, 500, 700 items.

Also why are there no Vyn missions?  Surely there should be, especially now that player-god missions have been removed.  And why were they removed?

• Like 2

can we have back vynora missions?

Edited by tamat

Vyn missions will be returning in some form.They were removed a long long time ago (before player missions even) due to JK on epic having two gods to support and two chances of winning tomes. The freedom system is based on the epic system so changes there come across. 

The old missions didn't work fine, and were based on a lot of old mechanics that needed updating, which is why the new missions have come in, they likely will undergo tweaking with Freedom, as no system comes in flawlessly, we've had them in for a month (and the new expiration system for a week) and will continue to monitor failure and completion rates for any adjustments to make in the future. 

If Baloo is agreeing with me on anything, you know its bad.

I fear by the time you are done your twerking these missions you will have no players left.

• Like 2

making 600-800 sleeves isn't a problem, there is a crafting solution for that. SB is fine. No adjustments needed. Don't need things too easy.

Tweaks can be on going but I'll steadily be ready to test and make sure that some aren't just looking for a free solution to sb gains. 

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 2

While I don't share my friend's flair for the dramatic, I do agree that, if nothing else, changes do need to be made. And sooner rather than later. This isn't really a 'wait and see' sort of situation when the results are readily observed first-hand: for example, as we're talking about Exodus: the only reason the first troll mission was finished was because the second one started and spawned enough extra for it to be finished.

If nothing else, two major changes need to be made ASAP:

1: Extra creatures need to spawn for the given missions to offset the ones that get lost, stuck, penned, etc.

2: Missions need better scaling modifiers than "difficulties 1-7." They need to scale, if at all possible, on average daily population of a given server, as well as based on participation in the prior mission(s) beforehand.

Again, these aren't something to wait and see for, but something that needs to be implemented as soon as possible.

Edited by Delacroix
  • Like 5

Just now, Delacroix said:

1: Extra creatures need to spawn for the given missions to offset the ones that get lost, stuck, penned, etc.

I like this very much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Delacroix said:

While I don't share my friend's flair for the dramatic, I do agree that, if nothing else, changes do need to be made. And sooner rather than later. This isn't really a 'wait and see' sort of situation when the results are readily observed first-hand: for example, as we're talking about Exodus: the only reason the first troll mission was finished was because the second one started and spawned enough extra for it to be finished.

If nothing else, two major changes need to be made ASAP:

2: Missions need better scaling modifiers than "difficulties 1-7." They need to scale, if at all possible, on average daily population of a given server, as well as based on participation in the prior mission(s) beforehand.

Again, these aren't something to wait and see for, but something that needs to be implemented as soon as possible.

I 100% agree to this. 

People on Deli were actually out looking to finish the champion missions... the problem was, we could not find the creatures past some 60-70% mark on mission. And as mentioned before, some get penned, so no way to getting those...

Another thing i would suggest to motivate participation in the 500+ item missions is, distribute the additional sb according to investment in mission, not participant count (keeping the max per person limit) . If a mission asks for 700 something and with max +bonus is 30 mins and from the pool we can see the optimal would be 7 participants, where is the fairness for me to donate 100 items and theb others drop in one, and we get the same reward... A lot more people would agree to do the optimal nr if rewarded accordingly.

When my SB bar is full, I'm less likely to be interested in missions, and I wonder if allowing prem members to accrue SB past 5 hours would be good. (I did notice that I could accrue SB from missions even if I had more than 4 hours already, so that was very nice.)

Of course, SB only means something on Epic if you're skilling there, and that seems to be rare now.

• Like 1

I've seen similar reactions reguarding the mission system at Xanadu when the champion blue whale mission came up. The general consensus is to avoid missions because when they aren't done they expire a lot faster. And yes, there are players penning in the whales, so it'll be impossible to complete the missions.

Easiest solution to get the missions solved, imho, is to adjust them a bit more.

1) spawn more creatures that has to be slain the moment one of those missions come up. That way,  those who want to pen those creatures can do so without worrying someone killing it, while those willing to kill it don't have to search an entire server for them. And keep in mind, Xan is the largest server, so lots of ground to cover.

2) Reward the SB according to percentage a player participated, not limited to a maximum of 30 minutes. It certainly is unfair when the mission requires 400 sleeves offering 400 minutes of SB and 3 players are saccing a total of 360 (140, 120 , 100) sleeves, while 40 players only sac one sleeve, all 43 players get a 30 minute SB reward.

A far more honest would be if those 3 players get rewarded according to participation, thus 140 / 400 = 35 minutes, 30 minutes (for saccing 120), 25 minutes (saccing 100) for the main participants and 1 minute to those who sacced the single sleeve.

3) Scale missions according to average server population.

A mission to sacc 800 sleeves at a server where 800 players are supposed to live won't work when there's a weekly average of 150 people or even less at it. Most servers manage to get just about 25% of the maximum population and out of those 25% a lot are alts as well. Meaning the base amount of players is most likely 10-15% of the maximum server population.

Scaling down the amount of mission items according to active player amount, instead of maximum server amount, makes it easier and more attractive to participate in, as well as giving players better scaled SB rewards.

And with better SB rewards for players, it's more likely more players will participate in the missions - thus lowering the amount of rewarded SB, but not relying at a few players to complete the missions - which was what was hoped for. Or am I mistaken??

Thorin :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thorinoakshield said:

2) Reward the SB according to percentage a player participated, not limited to a maximum of 30 minutes. It certainly is unfair when the mission requires 400 sleeves offering 400 minutes of SB and 3 players are saccing a total of 360 (140, 120 , 100) sleeves, while 40 players only sac one sleeve, all 43 players get a 30 minute SB reward.

A far more honest would be if those 3 players get rewarded according to participation, thus 140 / 400 = 35 minutes, 30 minutes (for saccing 120), 25 minutes (saccing 100) for the main participants and 1 minute to those who sacced the single sleeve.

As someone who generally contributes much more than just the minimum, this is a terrible idea, and it discourages people from participating at all; people won't think "oh, I should participate much more to get the same amount as I did before!", they will think "300 sleeves? ###### that. I don't feel like bothering at all." and because of that potential misstep, you've just lost 95% of your server's participation.

There needs to be a baseline reward, of which 30 minutes is perfect. Reward those who go above and beyond extra on top of that, but leave the floor alone.

46 minutes ago, Delacroix said:

As someone who generally contributes much more than just the minimum, this is a terrible idea, and it discourages people from participating at all; people won't think "oh, I should participate much more to get the same amount as I did before!", they will think "300 sleeves? ###### that. I don't feel like bothering at all." and because of that potential misstep, you've just lost 95% of your server's participation.

There needs to be a baseline reward, of which 30 minutes is perfect. Reward those who go above and beyond extra on top of that, but leave the floor alone.

Current system gives you up to a maximum of 30 minutes, depending at the amount of participants. So when there are few participants, the ones saccing only one item gets the maximum 30 minutes reward, just like the ones saccing 300 items. I hardly call that fair and lots of players are like "why sac more as Country Joe-Bob gets the same amount of SB from saccing one item as I get from completing 75% of the mission?"

When it's about giving a total of 8 flags to an avatar that isn't much of a problem.

When it's about 700 sleeves, it is a problem, because the players who usually did those missions aren't prepared to do them when they don't get rewarded according to what they participated.

And as of loosing 95% of the server's population: It's more likely 95% of the server population isn't doing these missions at all, considering how long they take in the first place.

Ever thought of that?

36 minutes ago, Thorinoakshield said:

Current system gives you up to a maximum of 30 minutes, depending at the amount of participants. So when there are few participants, the ones saccing only one item gets the maximum 30 minutes reward, just like the ones saccing 300 items. I hardly call that fair and lots of players are like "why sac more as Country Joe-Bob gets the same amount of SB from saccing one item as I get from completing 75% of the mission?"

When it's about giving a total of 8 flags to an avatar that isn't much of a problem.

When it's about 700 sleeves, it is a problem, because the players who usually did those missions aren't prepared to do them when they don't get rewarded according to what they participated.

And as of loosing 95% of the server's population: It's more likely 95% of the server population isn't doing these missions at all, considering how long they take in the first place.

Ever thought of that?

1: You're wrong. It gives a baseline amount, and then an extra on top of that.

2: Plenty of people will do more than the minimum for the bonus and to get the next mission started sooner.

3: Reading comprehension. Server's participation. The part of your server that participated in the mission. 95% of that.

Ever think of that?

Of course, we could just reintroduce player god missions on pve - more mission opportunities means there's always something achievable on offer (or, at least, most of the time).  And one god getting fixated on something stupid for a day has a lot less effect.

I do not see the missions ending sooner even though they are supposed to.  I did hear someone one day say they got more sleep bonus than they expected because I'm guessing not as many participated.

I would love to have 7 missions to pick from instead of 3 especially when it those are items that I know I'll never find or participate in.

13 champ octopus on xanado, if only 13 of these spawned how is that even possible to complete, those poor saps over there in lag land can't even find 10 uniques that been running around for months on end.

• Like 2