Sign in to follow this  
Emesh

Glassmaking for windows

Hello all,

I was looking at the empty windows of my new house and thought, 'all the tools for glassmaking, profession wise, are in the game already...'

So, what do we think? New glassmaking skill that allows you to make simple panes for your homes, grid or diamond pattern muntins. It would even be feasible with the dyes and jewelry making bits to do stained glass windows, t'would look great in a cathedral window.  Recipes for bottles and beakers could be a part of this if it was to be expanded towards alchemy; but one thing at a time, I'd just love to see windows for our homes/castles.

The difficult part, I assume, would be coding them to sit nicely in the various wall/window types. As far as the art goes, its such a fun idea, I'm sure some community artists would help.  

Thanks,

Emesh

• Like 3

+1 from me especially anything that helps the aesthetic of a church in this game.

I'm sure you'll get the usual responses of how new skills shouldn't be added because of the affinity food system but I would rather add skills and shake up that system than never be able to add anything more to this game in the future.

Early glass windows weren't even clear, they let in light but you couldn't really see out them so no new code for transparent objects, just new art.

• Like 1

Also, if there is a lot of resistance to making a new skill (even though it sounds like a fun one), I could easily see it being placed in Fine Carp. I've made window frames/muntins myself and I can tell you that most of the work is the framing, putting some glass in there is the easy part.  Its the creation of the glass that doesnt quite fit in Carp, but hey, hard to beat the realism drum when we have magic.