Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

Freedom affinities from grind.

It's a pvp reward system, so chaos players want it to reward the pvp. We live in chaos and have our own set of rules in what players can do to us, so why should some alt farmer come over and instantly get rewarded? 

Peoples arguments are "why can't we abuse this system anymore". 

Its a pvp system, it isn't a failed incentive, it might fail to some,  but it keeps me around. When alt farmers abuse, it takes away from the feeling of reward.

I simply want alt affinity farming to stop, and have incentives for all type of gameplay. I dont craft much, so I rather kill people and be rewarded an affinity, you don't like pvp so you rather craft, I'd like to see affinities given for that on a supreme like chance roll in the skill you are doing. Mizova, some people just won't come to pvp for the lure of affinities, some will, they will come to kill players and have that as an added benefit, but if they can gain an affinity on freedom it won't stop them coming all together. Atleast they worked for it instead of alt farming which btw, doesn't just become unfair to the pvp system, but is unfair for anybody who doesn't want to pvp but doesn't want to abuse the system either. It hurts the game not just pvp. 

This isn't a chaos vs freedom issue, it's a restore the reward system for pvpers then give freedom a reward system based on that gameplay. 

• Like 1

How overpowered farming alts you think it is? You make it sound like it's you pay 2s and instant you have some nice weaponsmithing or body affinity. You know what reality is, you prem alt, found out that it has puppetiring affinity you kill him and during that premium, depending on how long prem time you bought you maybe or maybe not get another one which is thatching, and that's the average case. Just some few lucky bastard gets his MOI and gets nice affinity to farm. So yeah someone who did that really ###### the system and you with his 2 thatching and one pupetiring and one yoyo affinity. What annoys me is how you're making this sound like enormous problem while in fact it isn't there are more serious problems to adress because finding right solution for this it's not easy. This isn't even abusment just unlucky side affect of chaos being connected to freedom (and i think merrits of that connection overwights unintended small perks like this), as there are already mechanisms in place to prevent abusement very much like, not knowing affinity untill premmed, requirement to prem up and have 21fs(which i agree is low could be higher) random time untill you get new affinity, random generated new affinity, hec even don't allow appearing of affinity during first 2s premium so new situation can't be abused. Really it's not that easy and worth as it sounds ;)  And again with attitude why should some freedomer come to chaos and get something from it, stop comming for freedom uniques, stop selling your wagons to freedomers, stop enjying safety of freedom deeds if you feel like that (nobody minds you doing that and you shouldn't mind if some freedomer killed his alt for some random affinity couple of times a year).

I realy don't mean to offend somebody in these disccusions, and i'm sorry that i sound one sided sometimes but so do other people sound, you have some points but you are overexagurating problem and failing to see some double standards that i mentioned. My opinion is that system should not be changed that much your isn't, we both stated our opinons, developers will decide what will do with game, we'll both have to respect that and there is no point getting into fight over it and insulting. That's all from me for this topic.

• Like 2

i think more risk should get more rewards.

people should get extra affinities from pvp, nothing else.

And people that abuse the mechanics are exploiting and should just be banned.

just my opinion

• Like 3

an unlucky side affect i will seek to be fixed. Thanks for your thoughts Kochinac.

There are already rewards for higher skill, and devs have been actively open to enhancing existing rewards such as faster timers, higher QL's, fewer fails, ability to create certain goods at all, etc.

The way to gain extra affinities through a PvE mechanic is cooking

Yes, stopping the abuse of a PvP mechanic is important, but this wouldn't do that.  The people abusing the PvP mechanic are not going to suddenly stop taking the cheap and easy way out just because a more arduous PvE system exists.... otherwise they'd be cooking.

-1 since you have already said in another thread that you and Retro have decided what course to take.  I think we need to hear that news first.

I'm not trolling but I have certainly seen one already today.  I need to know what's in the notes too before I can make an informed decision.  So please let us know what is going on.  We'd all like to know.

I would personally like this suggestion, but I wonder how fast they would accrue for some of the heavy grinders like myself.

It is kind of disappointing to know that people can go over to PvP and get these, but I can never acquire any on this game because I totally refuse to PvP on this game.

No matter how much 'incentive' people put in front of me to lure me there, I just simply won't do it because I already had 'rage' issues as a child and try and live a zen life nowadays...and I don't need some person who wants to make me angry by sitting there killing me over and again. I used to play PvP 'capture the flag' stuff on WoW years ago, and it usually left me riled up/antsy/angry(Usually because I'd get stuck on the losing team where they'd intentionally set up games to just give themselves wins and so we'd have AFKers or people who were obviously not even trying/just running in circles or something. There was a term for them...but I can't remember it. I prefer a evenly matched battle with sportsmanlike behavior...not what happens nowadays with 'Whoever has the best item/stats wins'.) to the point where I wanted to smash keyboards on something.

It doesn't matter what kind of carrot on a stick you put in front of some players, they won't fall for your bait...

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:44 AM, Pashka said:

-1 since you have already said in another thread that you and Retro have decided what course to take.  I think we need to hear that news first.

not sure what you're referring to but you're implying the community relations coordinator and a player are making design decisions now?

I just have a hard time believing that as I'm not sure that's something Woosoo or Johan would have done.  I don't think they would have considered that a function of their job, would they?  Was it?  Didn't get that impression, and don't see why it would be any different for Retrograde.

I must be misunderstanding what you're saying.  The position is what the position is and from what I remember of Woosoo and Johan, I don't think the position is what you think it is :)

On 12/9/2017 at 11:22 AM, Reylaark said:

The way to gain extra affinities through a PvE mechanic is cooking

Since you can't get stacked affinities from cooking, I don't see cooking affinities as replacing the affinity mechanic, only as filling in gaps.

I like the idea of the affinity system getting some attention. Lorewise, getting one affinity forever (however random) kinda makes sense; inherent aptitudes are logical, but I have two problems with it:

- The PVP mechanic upends the lore, for me at least. It seems very odd to "steal" affinities (I haven't seen any backstory on this mechanic).

- The one random affinity mechanic is contrary to the rest of Wurm's character development system, which is entirely up to the player. It's a little like an RPG allowing you to customize your starting attributes, but randomizing your class.

So, +1 to the idea of somehow being able to acquire, adjust, or even trade permanent affinities in PvE. -How- that should happen I don't know. Outright selection, awarded through grinding, random over time, a result of moments of inspiration, a reward for prem time, an addition to the title system, awarded through rifts/uniques, discovered on a new dangerous PvE hunting island, added through new, difficult alchemical mixes, awarded through saccing supremes/fantastics: all would be on the table for me as potential solutions.

Edited by Roccandil

On 11/12/2017 at 9:58 AM, Corsan said:

I would personally like this suggestion, but I wonder how fast they would accrue for some of the heavy grinders like myself.

It is kind of disappointing to know that people can go over to PvP and get these, but I can never acquire any on this game because I totally refuse to PvP on this game.

No matter how much 'incentive' people put in front of me to lure me there, I just simply won't do it because I already had 'rage' issues as a child and try and live a zen life nowadays...and I don't need some person who wants to make me angry by sitting there killing me over and again. I used to play PvP 'capture the flag' stuff on WoW years ago, and it usually left me riled up/antsy/angry(Usually because I'd get stuck on the losing team where they'd intentionally set up games to just give themselves wins and so we'd have AFKers or people who were obviously not even trying/just running in circles or something. There was a term for them...but I can't remember it. I prefer a evenly matched battle with sportsmanlike behavior...not what happens nowadays with 'Whoever has the best item/stats wins'.) to the point where I wanted to smash keyboards on something.

It doesn't matter what kind of carrot on a stick you put in front of some players, they won't fall for your bait...

i dont think i could have worded this any better.... same here (exept the wow part) and i like multiplayer games for the cooperation, not the competition. would be nice to see some love on the pve side here....