Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

Disable affinity stealing involving freedomers *Updated*

This will be -1'd by certain people looking to abuse a system which is in place to reward pvpers. Currently alt farming is out of control, abusing a system to get a perm boosted gain in that skill is bad, especially just because you have the funds to do it.
Chaos should be about getting into groups and going out legit and earning your affiinties. This is a long standing issue and if anything, just bleeds away reasons to come to chaos and get into a different community, simply because 2s is faster and earns the quick reward with zero effort.

Freedom Isles should have the ability to transfer affinties disabled, so if the slayer or slayee is freedom isles, no affinity will transfer.
This will put PMK's in control of the system itself and if a PMK wants to alt farm, then that PMK will be made to look like crap among the chaos community and the chaos community can take action upon themselves to stop that pmk. One way or another.
But I know that the current pmk's do not want nor wish to allow this, so we can swiftly remove any abusers. 

I know it's been a long standing overlooked action, but it's time for change.

Quote from a alt farmer: 

It is abuse of the affinity system, but it's allowed

Idea #2 after talks.

On 12/10/2017 at 2:39 AM, Mclavin said:

when you kill an alt, the alt has to get 1001 [or more] rank before regenerating it's next affintity.
You lose rank when dying, it also decays if you aren't pvping for a long time, capping hota pillar/tower/killing a player.
This would yes infact add more chance to "stop" alt farmers because they'd rely on tower capping or killing real players to gain back rank.
Anybody looking to pvp wouldn't mind this, since rank would come almost naturally. 
And if an alt slays another alt, [premium only] then that alt lost it's affintity and you don't get anywhere [atleast my tired mind thinks so?]
So basically, this would render alts a one time farm, not a reoccuring farm. Which would help CUT back.
i think alongside some skill adjustments such as 50fs, this can deter the reward/effort over alt farming but still keep reward/effort for pvp.

And if I'm correct with this, and my tired mind isn't playing tricks. Then no pmk has to police and no kingdom has to be excluded from playing and getting affinities, aslong as 1001 rank is there for regeneration. [Could be 1001, i think]

and this isn't to keep GAINING affinties, it's only to REGENERATE them after it gains its FIRST affinity and you go down to 0.

This is the only way you allow chaos players to "stop" affinity farmers but legit pvpers can just gain. 
Alt farmers rely on regeneration.

Also, new prem accounts will not Transfer affinties OR GAIN RANK for the first month. This will make affinties cost the original price, not 2s.
@Nappy @Retrograde

Just so im 100000000000000000000% clear. This does not stop you GAINING affinites in pvp, only REGENERATING if you're at Zero affinties without 1001 rank.

Let pvp systems work how they should work and meanwhile here is a solution for freedom.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 6

+1

I have only 2 affinity from real fight not from alts :D

Edited by Spy
  • Like 1

slayer can be Hots also. Just a FYI.

Freedomers will not give an affinity or gain an affinity period whilst on chaos.

So you can be TC, VD, BL, Ebo, LOA, it doesn't matter, if the alt is freedom isles, you will not give or take an affinity.
If the alt is BL and you are in a pmk already, then it's over to the PMK to put down sanctions. But if a PMK wishes to allow it, then it's in the players hands to deal with that if they wish to.

Edited by Mclavin

[12:48:34] Originalernameii slain by Oblivionnreaver

[12:48:50] Originalernameiii slain by Oblivionnreaver

[12:49:06] Originalernamevi slain by Oblivionnreaver

[12:49:21] Originalernameiv slain by Oblivionnreaver

[12:49:31] Originalernamei slain by Oblivionnreaver

[12:49:57] Originalernamev slain by Oblivionnreaver

even the alt farmers are for this change!

O0Eyjvh.png

do it already

+1 obviously

Edited by Quicktor
  • Like 3

Idea is good, but what will say devs, if they will say something at all...

If people want affinites, come join one of many groups looking for players who will take you to fights where you can earn them. 

Hopefully devs agree that this abuse has just gone on too long enough. NEVER too late to stop it tho, ever.

If it changes now then people who have already abused the issue have a booost over people who will start this type of things.

Like we no longer get better shield skill gains from afk training after changes. So basically people who grinded that skill before some time have edge over new players.

Not saying its good thing to kill alt but sometimes making changes harms the new guy like me.

• Like 1

it has to be changed sooner or later though, it clearly is seen as a grey area right now and even people who do it know that it's basically exploiting a mechanic to their advantage.

-1 Why punish freedom for wilds abuses ;) We done learned from the best. (I've still got the 1 and only affinity)

• Like 2

There is a solution for this, a pvp one.

Camp the borders they like to frequent and collect back some of there affinities.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Camp the borders they like to frequent and collect back some of there affinities.

Or just close the border. Then those terrible pve carebears can't steal any more affinties! I couldn't resist ^_^

+1 for trying to solve a horrible pvp advantage

-2 for making it worse

-1 overall

• Like 1

+1 seeing as there are currently things in place preventing "just go kill them" as a solution.

23 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Theres a solution for not being able to affinity farm, join a kingdom and pvp. 

It isn't up to the people to stop people abusing a system by camping borders, which with plot course and timezones is a complete joke, it's up the players to propose a better system tho.

I feel this proposed system gives both the players the chance to allow affinity farming and stop it. So ye, thats a pvp solution, not the current system.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bettle said:

If it changes now then people who have already abused the issue have a booost over people who will start this type of things.

Like we no longer get better shield skill gains from afk training after changes. So basically people who grinded that skill before some time have edge over new players.

Not saying its good thing to kill alt but sometimes making changes harms the new guy like me.

before I joined or knew, lockpicking was abused, shields was abused, meditation was abused, fight skill was abused. Body stats abused. Shield bashing abused....im running out of breath.

I don't expect any of these to be around just because I started after they were fixed. I am also in the best place to abuse alt slaying and get my account decked, I don't. Because fixing a system is better than continuing with a bad one.
Don't let the greed mentality of what you haven't got yet stop the game from having system that rewards the players who actually do things correct.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 4

1 problem I see, you can still make your alts hots, jk and mr , you would have to only have pmk's on chaos for it to work.  only real way to do it is to raise the fs to lose affinities