Sign in to follow this  
Huwie

[Resolved] Why didn't my fish 'n' chips cook?

After finally harvesting some lemons I eagerly gathered my ingredients in the oven to make some long-awaited fish 'n' chips.  Both attempts failed, with the well-fuelled oven finally fizzing out having never cooked a thing.  On both attempts I used:

Raw fries

Lemon

Fillet of fish

...and in the first attempt I used fennel oil, the second I used corn oil - both of which are apparently cooking oils according to the Wurmpedia.  The ingredients were placed in a frying pan as per the recipe.

So what went wrong?  I've made plenty of meals in this oven before by the way, I definitely wasn't doing anything wrong.  It must have been something to do with the ingredients but as far as I can tell, I satisfied all the criteria.

Edited by Huwie
Question answered

Was the fish fillet cooked or raw? it needs to be raw to work, if you have the frying pan in the hot oven and put the fish fillet first, it will turn into grilled fish fillet and the fish'n chips won't cook (also make sure you use Lore on the frying pan when all ingredients are in, it should tell you if something is wrong, like too little or too much cooking oil, for example).

• Like 1

Many thanks to you both!  I'll have another crack at it.  How do I use Lore on the frying pan?

Edit: Never mind, I found the option.  You were both correct; too little cooking oil. :)

Thanks again!

Edited by Huwie