Sign in to follow this  
Odynn

[Fixed] valrei mission item bug

valrei mission items sacced along side other items doesn't count toward the mission goal

Sacrificing mission items doesn't always contribute to the mission progress. When attempting to sacrifice, the altars have ONLY contained the valrei mission items. This has occurred using several different altars.

Happened on 3 separate accounts, each occurrence was on the account's first contribution to the mission, so the personal tracker hadn't started. 

One of the accounts had it fail 2 times in a row, both attempts would have been their first contribution to the mission. (I.e they hadn't succeeded in sacrificing anything in between)

When my attempt failed the first time (losing 2 valrei items), my second attempt (with a singular valrei item) worked; starting the mission for me. I used the same altar each time.

• Like 1

These two reports sound similar enough to combine.  If I understand correctly, either putting multiple mission items in the altar or a mission item plus other items causes the mission to not be credited with your sacrifice.

I've only done one at a time so I can't verify, however I'll open up an issue with the devs.

10 minutes ago, Alectrys said:

either putting multiple mission items in the altar

This has happened 3 times with only 1 item in the altar.

It seems to be more connected with it being the first time you've sacrificed items for a specific mission.

Edited by BrokenSanity

11 minutes ago, BrokenSanity said:

This has happened 3 times with only 1 item in the altar.

It seems to be more connected with it being the first time you've sacrificed items for a specific mission.

Were these items all newly 'dug up or gotten through investigation' or may have some of them been saved from previous finds?

Also, if you happen to try this again, please note the server and copy the mission details here.  If you prefer not to have it public, you can send me a forum PM with as much detail as you can.   Server, Character name, time of the sacrifice.

7 minutes ago, Alectrys said:

Were these items all newly 'dug up or gotten through investigation' or may have some of them been saved from previous finds?

Also, if you happen to try this again, please note the server and copy the mission details here.  If you prefer not to have it public, you can send me a forum PM with as much detail as you can.   Server, Character name, time of the sacrifice.

They were all newly dug up specifically for the mission. 

This is the current mission we've had the issue with:

5951275d91d5c3410a66fc1f832d0b59.png
https://gyazo.com/5951275d91d5c3410a66fc1f832d0b59

Server: Elevation

Character: Borken

Time (in GMT) :
[14:56:49] You drop two items.
[14:56:50] You start to sacrifice at the altar of Libila.
[14:56:54] You call out to Libila by all her names.
[14:56:59] You beg Libila to accept your offerings.
[14:57:04] You ask Libila for forgiveness if some of the items do not please her.
[14:57:09] You ask Libila to bless you with her favors.
[14:57:14] You kneel at the altar in silent hope.
[14:57:20] Libila kindly accepts your offerings.

The other two accounts who had the issue only sacrificed one at a time, but they'd have to post their times themselves.

Something similar happened to me yesterday.

Server - Deliverance.

I had the marble circlet and some ropes in altar when i sacrificed them.

It does not show that ive contributed towards mission progress.

looks like we will have to empty out the trash can before offering up val items, lol

So i found another item for the mission, after re-logging. Put only the one mission item in altar. And nothing...The progress of the mission did not go up, and i was not added to the mission participants :(

Server- Deliverance, gold altar, on my deed.

Character name - Karidwen

Items correspond to the mission, newly found by investigation.

Mission details:

Name: Everyone: Challenge to help Fo
Creator: System
Started: 12/3/17 12:08 PM
Progress: 70.44446%
Expires: 12/10/17 12:08 PM

Difficulty: 6 / 7
Description: Fo demands you to sacrifice 36 of the hidden Marble Circlets which can be found by investigating and digging in the wilderness.
Rewards: 100 karma and 20m sleep bonus for each participant upon completion of this mission as well as 83 karma per item with 180m extra sleep bonus split between participants upon completion (30m max each)

[00:07:02] You drop a Valrei mission item.

[00:07:05] You start to sacrifice at the altar of Vynora.

[00:07:09] You call out to Vynora by all her names.

[00:07:14] You beg Vynora to accept your offerings.

[00:07:19] You ask Vynora for forgiveness if some of the items do not please her.

[00:07:24] You ask Vynora to bless you with her favors.

[00:07:29] You kneel at the altar in silent hope.

[00:07:35] Vynora kindly accepts your offerings.

aaaand nothing happens :( no popup, no mission progress.  The sacrificed item did add to deeds enchanting bonus (i checked 2x)

Update:

Just because i found another mission item:

I put it in a stone altar, just off deed. I had not relogged, so this is second mission item sacrifice in one ontime.

Just the mission item in,nothing else. And it worked this time. Mission progressed, i was added. Deed enchanting bonus also went up.

[00:22:03] Vynora kindly accepts your offerings.

Edited by Karidwen
adding asked details

I had this happen to me today on Independence, so I noted the time and details for the devs to troubleshoot.

Item found during investigation.

Brought directly to the altar on deed

Sacrificed alone in an altar inside a building on the ground floor, not embarked.

No mission advancement, no credit.

UPDATE:   Possible issue - quality below 30 is not working.

When sacrificing the valrei mission items, please note the quality before doing the sacrifice.   Our best guess right now is that the under 30 items are not advancing the mission progress.  

My items were all above 60ql that did not work. 

Yesterday i did this: 

Found a mission item by investigating.

Off deed,.stone altar, not embarked.

First i put a random item in and sacrificed that.

Then i put the mission item in and sacrificed. It worked fine. 

Today on Independence:

Description: Magranon commands you to sacrifice 49 of the hidden Fire Fragments which can be found by investigating and digging in the wilderness.

My husband and I found 4 while investigating - all 4 no damage.

32 ql

35 ql

61 ql

98 ql

Me:  Vynora follower - sacrificed 35 and 61, one at a time and got credit for each.

Him:  Mag follower - sacrificed 32 and 98, one at a time and got credit for each.

54 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

you should of let the 32ql one decay a bit to dip it below 30ql

I know for a fact that below ql 30 is not working.  That is to be fixed.

However, people are saying here that above ql 30 is also not working.  I want to see if that is true and if so what are the details.  

ah I missed that part sorry

they can decay fairly fast in inventory so easy enough for a 30-40ql val item with damage fall below the 30ql level

just tested on a 27ql one - not working. A 72ql then worked fine. One more test to add to the issue :D

thinking back on the past few months I recall times when I sac'd val items and got nothing for it, I just assumed it was chaos val items I ended up with by mistake, but perhaps I had ones with too much damage or low ql, should be changed so ql does not matter for these missions

Desertion, Mag mission to sac 36 lustruous quills. I dug up some and i notice the mission items under 30 ql don't count. That's a bummer since it requires 36 . 

The under 30 ql issue will be fixed next update.  I cannot reproduce any other failures at this time.  Once that is fixed, we'll see if and what causes failures after that.