Been playing with client settings and profiles, and I've had a hard time getting the client to completely restore a saved settings profile. Was trying to save a profile with all graphics turned down as far as possible, but on reload some graphics settings would be reset to high. Took several iterations of reloading and saving the same things (per alt) to hammer it down to the lowest settings.

I also notice that memory usage didn't seem to be diminished by lowering the graphics settings, and that the clients don't seem to be sharing texture maps; even if my chars are in the same building with the same settings, each char seems to load its own copy of the textures into memory.

I guess all this is to say I'm looking forward to the client optimizations. :P

19 hours ago, Budzilla said:

That's what you think now, but if they rushed it out and suddenly you lost several 5 speed horses or bison you would be saying otherwise. Be patient.

Be patient? The alternative could be that the devs actually waited to announce a feature until they were confident they could include it within a few weeks. I think this is a bad habit on their part...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gooner_ said:

Be patient? The alternative could be that the devs actually waited to announce a feature until they were confident they could include it within a few weeks. I think this is a bad habit on their part...

There's no denying that, but them rushing things out doesn't somehow make that better.

5 hours ago, gooner_ said:

This is the general rule of thumb with our announcements and we've worked very hard on sharing information in a reasonable timeframe to release.

The two things we've mentioned here, animal crates and saddlebags are long desired features, and usually come with "why isnt this in yet?!". So being able to share that these things are being worked on helps offset the suggestions always coming up.

Saddlebags will be in very soon, we announced it less than two weeks ago, so there's no issue there, it's just a matter of working out some of the mechanics with how they interact with horses

Animal crates have been delayed due to server crossing systems, and requires significant time investment in doing so before it can happen reliably, they were expected out much sooner and thus were announced.

Delays happen, sometimes the scope of something changes, and unforseen issues arise, but we'll continue to be working on getting it out as soon as possible once it's stable.

And no, we won't be offering any intermediate systems while waiting for these changes to come. 

• Like 3

Again I am going to add my input as in real life.I would like to see a job done well with no mistakes then always going back to correct somethinng.so I am willing to wait and let the Devs do their job then sharpshooting them so please good Williams show some support to them

• Like 1

18 hours ago, gooner_ said:

I would much rather something be announced far ahead of time as being worked on in order to have new additions or features to look forward to than simply 'radio silence' up until a week or two before release. Your impatience =/= them doing something wrong or "bad."

Edited by Delacroix
  • Like 3