Sign in to follow this  
theicefox

Deeds and Epic Structures: Adjustments to mechanics.

The problem:

You are currently able to create a deed over epic structures.

You do not receive a warning that those structures are immovable and indestructible.

Deeding over them will create a dead zone in your deed which you can not use.

Players may not be aware of this mechanic.

Suggestions:

1. As a stop gap until a better solution can be found: Allow deeding over epic structures but only with an overt warning to players that they will have unusable tiles on their deed.

2. Allow epic structures which are deed over to be moved.

I have not included destroying epic structures as a suggestion here because they are monuments to the people who created them.

However once they have been abandoned they should not interfere with other players ability to play the game.

Mayors should be able to move them to a more suitable location on or off deed as appropriate.

Edit: This suggestion is currently only for Freedom. I don't play on epic and I don't speak for those that do.

Edited by theicefox

+1 I have one of these on one of my deeds, and I had to design around it. Being able to move it would be a great addition!

I cant vouch for epic, so my vote is for a freedom only unless players on epic want this too.

Edited by Nicrolis

well.. 
A GM recently told me that mayor and anyone with bash perms should be able to remove.. a pylon.
but it is not possible at the moment. (to address unspoken concerns, it was me that built it)
Turns out, it's not for the suggestion thread, it's a bug.
so i created a bug report, i have no doubt the other structures will be looked at too.
https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/159423-unable-to-bash-pylon/

That said, +1

Interesting. This came up for me because of shrines rather than pylons. So there may be some distinction between the structures. Maybe Nicrolis can comment on that for us.

Is the original poster still complaining about a certain shrine on chaos?