Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Traps at old rift sites injuring and killing horses

Recently one of my friends was hunting in the desert on what could possibly have been a rift site months and months ago.  On three occasions he heard a funny snap and saw blood from the horses, and when he looked he discovered two medium and one bad wound on the horses.  As he thought it was a bug with pvp traps hurting animals on pve for some reason, he reported it.  The CM told him that he had lost a horse in an old rift site killed with a one shot trap, and he knows of others who lost horses in a similar manner.  Also, an alliance member said he is sure he lost horse shoes that way. 

Be aware that currently the traps do now despawn with the rift.  We believe this to be a bug and will report it as such, but for other community members, until it is fixed, look at the horses if you hear a funny "snap" sound or in general just check on your horses occasionally, as they may get injured on a spot where you never even knew a rift ever existed.

thanks for the info.thats definatley something to worry about knowing I love my horses as much as you do.. and of course others.. and heck limping home on one horse is no fun 

• Like 1

i can send in bomb sqauds to defuse these traps, I have 78 trap making so i'm sure i can detect one from a local away, just let me know, 1s per trap. 

lol that would be something to see, if only they had the potential to blow up the person defusing the trap, like in real life.  Would look something like this gif for a failed genesis?

Gw0Rk.gif

• Like 8

I jsut love the guy in the middle closing his eyes lol, as if that would help haha

• Like 6

Keep the sixth sense spell up at all times when traveling around old rift sites and use barding. =p

• Like 1

Call PETA this can’t be happening! Poor Fairywinkle must be taken to magic lala land to be buried ?

• Like 1