Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

Increase favor from sacrificing animals

Is it me, or is the favor gain from sacrificing animals with a sacrificial knife way too low to be useful? Given the expense of the knife and the animals, seems like you should get more than 7 max per animal. To do a Nimbleness enchant session, I'd need to sac 12 venerable animals each time. Saccing a few veggies is much, much easier.

I don't know how much favor would be worth it without being too much, but one way or another, I'd like to see this method of favor gain be a viable alternative to saccing veggies. :)

• Like 2

Animal sacrifices were considered a great gift to the gods because of how much lifestock was worth to a civilisation.

Meanwhile, Wurmians are like "Sorry, best I can do is these 2 cobs of corn."

We must stop this heresy.

+1

• Like 2

It would be cool if any creature below 10% hp could be sacrificed (action interrupted if hit). Even if 1 cow was enough to cast 2 coc spells, it still would be much easier to raise a farm instead of a ranch for favor. sacrificing animals is more of a favor on the move option. Being able to sacrifice an animal right before its going to die of injury for favor based on it's combat rating would be awesome. Would be cooler if it was based on somewhat on CR rather than age too.

+1. Having recently made myself a sacrificial knife for funsies, I wouldn't mind knowing that it was good for something. :P

Can only domesticated animals be sacrificed?

Can any aggressive animals be sacrificed?

Can humanoid creatures be sacrificed?

Can players, probably by HOTS, be sacrificed?

What are the guidelines for sacrificing animals, other than what is listed on the wiki?

Does the QL of the Sacrificial Knife matter?

How is it used?  Right click>Sacrifice?  Have to kill the animal with it?

Edited by Orsus

8 hours ago, Orsus said:

Can only domesticated animals be sacrificed? Last I checked, yes. Even if you tame a hostile creature to make it neutral, it STILL can't be sacrificed.

Can any aggressive animals be sacrificed? Pretty sure its a no.

Can humanoid creatures be sacrificed? Pretty sure its a no.

Can players, probably by HOTS, be sacrificed? Never Pvped, but I would also assume no.

What are the guidelines for sacrificing animals, other than what is listed on the wiki?

Does the QL of the Sacrificial Knife matter? Only if you use the Knife as a combat weapon. A 1 ql knife would work just as well as a 100ql knife in terms of gaining favor. Durability though is increased with higher ql.

How is it used?  Right click>Sacrifice?  Have to kill the animal with it? Yep, you right click sheep, cows, horses (probably not unicorns or hell horses), chickens, and pigs and choose sacrifice. After a certain amount of time the animal will lose all of its health and die.