Sign in to follow this  
Roccandil

More interface tweaks

I'd like to see the following tweaks:

- For a queued PLANT action, only bind the action to the tile once the action is no longer queued and is about to trigger. Right now, the binding occurs immediately upon queueing, which means if I try to do a CULTIVATE action and then queue a PLANT on the same tile, the PLANT acts after the CULTIVATE as if the tile is still grass, not dirt (and fails with a "you need a sprout" message, even though I'm staring at dirt).

- Update satchel mechanics such that when in a toolbelt, the satchel is selected, but the contents are used sequentially. Right now, I can't queue multiple actions from a satchel containing plantables, because the same item is being used for all the queued actions, and of course, it disappears after the first action. Ideally, however it's implemented, I want to be able to select a satchel in a toolbelt, and plant multiple tiles (without needing to have multiple satchels in the toolbelt).

- Update the continue/build window to bind actions to items only as triggered. Right now, if I queue up 10 unfinished torches with 10 moss, I can't queue any actions, because the window binds all the moss-continuing actions to the same unfinished torch (and of course, it only needs one). It's possible that updating the continue/build window to instead pull needed items from inventory would fix this, too, and if so, I'd rather see that.

- Allow BSB/FSB/crate-like "move by numbers" functionality for normal item stacks. That way I don't need an FSB or BSB around to drag things into and then out of if I want to get a certain number of items into satchels or pans. I -wouldn't- want to overwrite the existing clean drag-n-drop, so maybe have this configurable such that if I'm holding down X key and drag and drop, I get the "how much do you want to move" interface.

15 hours ago, Roccandil said:

- For a queued PLANT action, only bind the action to the tile once the action is no longer queued and is about to trigger. Right now, the binding occurs immediately upon queueing, which means if I try to do a CULTIVATE action and then queue a PLANT on the same tile, the PLANT acts after the CULTIVATE as if the tile is still grass, not dirt (and fails with a "you need a sprout" message, even though I'm staring at dirt).

I don't understand what you're trying to do here, turn grass into dirt then plant a sprout?

15 hours ago, Roccandil said:

- Allow BSB/FSB/crate-like "move by numbers" functionality for normal item stacks. That way I don't need an FSB or BSB around to drag things into and then out of if I want to get a certain number of items into satchels or pans. I -wouldn't- want to overwrite the existing clean drag-n-drop, so maybe have this configurable such that if I'm holding down X key and drag and drop, I get the "how much do you want to move" interface.

This already exists, If you go to the settings, and check "al;low shift dragging" holding shift when dragging will prompt the number option

8 hours ago, Retrograde said:

I don't understand what you're trying to do here, turn grass into dirt then plant a sprout?

Turn grass into dirt and then plant wild grass on it. If I do the CULTIVATE and queue the PLANT, I get a message when the PLANT runs saying I can't plant the wild grass (clearly, it's thinking the tile is still grass, which would require a sprout for a successful PLANT).

I have to wait until CULTIVATE is done to do a PLANT action with wild grass.

8 hours ago, Retrograde said:

This already exists, If you go to the settings, and check "al;low shift dragging" holding shift when dragging will prompt the number option

Cool. Thanks! :)

40 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Turn grass into dirt and then plant wild grass on it. If I do the CULTIVATE and queue the PLANT, I get a message when the PLANT runs saying I can't plant the wild grass (clearly, it's thinking the tile is still grass, which would require a sprout for a successful PLANT).

I have to wait until CULTIVATE is done to do a PLANT action with wild grass.

so do all the cultivating first then go back and plant the grass.

i am sorry but you cant plant wild grass on grass. so just wait.

instead of trying to make suggestions all the time to tailor the game to your playstyle, adapt to the game you are playing.

• Like 1

I'm for the first two options. Having to wait for a grass tile to become dirt AND THEN queuing up an action runs contrary to how the rest of Wurm queuing mechanics works.

Also being able to use multiple items in a row for sowing will reduce missing tiles when sowing huge fields. And it, again, matches the mechanic ecosystem in Wurm.

Third one I'm on the fence about.

Fourth one is already in game.